Home

Robocop Trilogy on DVD

Darth Groovy

What do you think of the Robocop Trilogy on DVD?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Robocop Trilogy on DVD?

• omg it r teh pwnz!!!
    • Robocop = teh suk!!!
    • omgwtf?!?!
    • Return of the Yoda option....

Anybody got this yet?

I just bought it and watched the whole thing yesterday. It's fricking awsome, and not too expensive either. 31.99 for all three movies! I love it! The third one is probably my least favorite (due to the lack of Peter Weller), but I still love the story.

:robocop:

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

The first was Paul Verhoven's baby. I think he should have stayed and done all three films. Might have made a difference.

What I thought was weird about 2, and disapointing at the same time, was that Frank Miller, who normally writes awesome comics (great stint on the gritty era of DareDevil, Batmans Dark Knight, etc...) wrote Robocop 2. So what I'm saying is: WTF WAS HE THINKING WHEN HE WROTE ROBOCOP 2?!?! I guess it was still a better sequel than 3 was, but it didn't meet or exceed my expectations after watching the original by any means. I might be wrong about it being Frank Miller that wrote it, because it was a long time ago that I was into that stuff. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (like anyone needed my permission before ;) )

Anyways, hope you enjoy your purchase. Sounds like you got a good deal on the price if you like those movies.

I did, and the interactive menus were killer.

I like the story that was behind Robocop 2 was the best, the way drugs control the way our society lives, and also the way the cops learned to put aside differences and work together.

Alot of the first movie was the interest in the central character, a man robbed of his life, thrown into a new one, and how he overcomes his programming and regains his humanity or soul. It's DAMN HARD to overcome that. Sequals usually plummet, but only lately have we seen sequals that really surpass the original. For example, X-Men 2: X-Men United, and Spiderman 2, and an oldie but goodie: Aliens.

Originally posted by RayJones

what happened to rc4 in that trilogy?

I don't recall a rc4. Also a "trilogy" is a series of "3" movies! :p

You may be mistaken for the Television series. I think there was a pilot, a regular series, and a couple of full length specials. I only saw a little bit of it though. It was never on when I was around.

When I first saw Robocop as a little boy I thought it was awesome...

When I saw it recently, I thought it sucked the big fella, its one of those movies that *doesnt* stand the test of time, for me anyway..... unlike Rocky 2 !!! Yo Adrian !!!!!! :p

mtfbwya

Well first of all, the biggest downfall is the lack of Peter Weller, who in my opinion made Robocop who he is, stick in our minds.

The Pros however, is that we see, OCP (Omni Consumer Products) facing a deficite under a new president who happens to be Rip Torn ( most know for his role as Z in Men In Black) OCP is in diar streights, and the Japenese Rival Company that take them over, seems to take drastic measures by sending "agents" to settle diputes who also happen to be well engeniered cyborgs. The Urban Pasification team known as the "Rehab Team" appear as modern day nazis, by evicting people from their homes, and on many occasions using brute force. The thing that lacks most on Robocop 3, is the lack of Peter Welller. Face it, this was HIS baby, his role, and the lack of his prescence surfaces too much. Despite the fact that this movie does have some key characters from the original, plus a few characters that have made a name for themselves in TV series', it still falls short of the glory of the original film. I will say however, that the story and premise for this movie is strong. The whole "fall of OCP" and judment calls made by Murphy/Robocop are really stong. It is clear nothing will EVER surpass the original which was Paul Verhoven's baby. Just know that if you liked ANYTHING about Robocop, this is the DVD set to have. All of the good extra features are on the first dvd, and the rest of it has great sound, but few feautures. It is well worth the buy in my opinion. I grew up with Robocop, and he will last on, in my memories. ;)

-it isn't new, its been around for at least a year, maybe 2.

-i got it about a month ago for £9.99 i think, which is a bargain even if the 2nd and 3rd films are a bit rubbish (dvdsoon)

-Robocop is an awesome movie, and the special features are interesting.

-the transfer isn't bad, better than any other versions available, but it looks a bit washed out and old.

-apparently the "seamless" branching between the 2 versions is anything but seamless, though i haven't noticed much pausing on mine.

2 - tried to carry on the style of the original, but didn't capture the feel and came across as cruel and meanspirited. THe low budget didn't help either. It had a number of interesting bits though.

3 - never even got a theatrical release over here (at least not that i noticed...). Wasn't it based on the atari st robocop 3d computer game? :D

I liked the odd concept (ocp being taken over, etc..), but the approach was terrible, the new actor wasn't great, the budget was tiny and the "kiddifiying" of the whole thing was just awful.

Robo also seemed able to catch bullets one minute and then unable to track a ninja the next. :confused:

----

If you are a big Robo fan then check out the Prime directives box set (also about £9) that was made for tv for the scifi channel.

It has sucky music, a low budget, robo is too short, and the first one isn't that great ... but if your expectations aren't too high then it is pretty cool. Better than 3 at least...

----

Robocop 3d was a great game.....:D

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

this set have all teh super dooper extended versions ?

YESH.

The first DVD has the most extras. Plus it is an EXTENDED version in which some of the death scenes drag on much longer, and are quite gruesom. You'll love it Billeh! :p

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

muaahahahahaha, sweet :) thats waht i love about 80s movies, so many had to cut violence to get R ratings, now we get to see it all in digital remastered glory :D

You mean "digital remastered gory". Did you ever get the "Dead Heat" collectors edition DVD?

B0000YTPN4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Archived