Home

Character for next game

darthmikeyd

Originally posted by Master William

Rosh

In the last few levels, you get to decide whether to kill rosh and turn to the dark side or spare him and stay on the light, it is your choice. There are many people who play this game, and some of them will kill rosh and turn dark. So how is it possible that we can play Rosh in the next game (if theres gonna be one....) if rosh can either live or die?

1. I don't want to play Kyle or Luke or any Master level jedi...

2. I think it would be best if you are completely new character

and you should be able to choose your sex and appearance...

(But more like in KOTOR than in ACADEMY... I think it would be

better if you would be limited to human and clothing shouldn't

be part of the "permanent" appearance...)

There should be lots of different kind of clothing in the game...

(And they should affect how characters around you act... For

example it might be easier to sneak around in some Imperial

base wearing stormtrooper uniform than Jedi robe or Rebel/

Bepublic army uniform...)

3. I think you shouldn't be jedi/have force powers from the

begining... (You might have lightsaber but if so there should

be CLEAR difference in your perfomance using it... No blaster

blocking, No throwing, ... And only simple (clumsy) slashing

moves...) (maybe you should even be able to hurt/kill your

self with it when you haven't been trained to use it yet...)

4. I think your jedi/sith training shouldn't even start so soon

like in Jedi Academy... More like in Outcast... But you should

be important character and become very powerfull later...

5. Less Jedi/Sith enemies (but those much more skillfull) and

much more Gunner enemies... (Bring back the empire or some

new big HUGE army...) I don't want to be in the superior side

running around cleaning planets of those pathetic remnant

guys and such...

6. The game shouldn't end so that enemy is again defeated

and everything is fine...

For those of you against playing as Rosh because you have the choice to either kill him or spare him: Remember back in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight? If you choose the dark path you end up killing Jan, but in JO it is assumed that Kyle is on the light side and Jan is alive and well. So in a JA sequel why wouldn't they assume that Jaden stayed on the light side and didn't kill Rosh?

I could see this story possibly going in a couple of different ways. If they go with the light side ending, we could be almost anyone in the sequel. However, if they went with the dark side ending, I think it would be cool to be Kyle, either going to bring Jaden back, or kill him if necessary. Either way, I am sure the game will be good and I can't wait for it.

The JA story line was so predictable and childish it could bore a 6 year old. I hope they scrap the whole Jaden thing, and do something with Kyle from scratch. Ancient Sith ruins and that kind of stuff. Good puzzles like in JK, and Mots, not like JO, or even worse JA. Oh, and levles that are pertinant to the story line, not drop ya in kill some guys and get out 15 min later. And PLEASE not the Quake 3 engine! I hate that thing! It was nice 3 years ago but not now! Oh! Guns that can get past your saber and take more than 2 hp away! Mabey some old dark troopers comming back would be nice.

What if you were to choose from the beginning whether to be Dark Side or Light Side? Perhaps there would be a few points later in the game where you could choose to change sides. Multiple times. :p All of it centering around one conflict.

I suppose that sounds a bit like KotOR... but whatever. :D

Mostly likely, the main character would not be Kyle or Jaden. Definitely someone with a little more backstory than Jaden. I'm pretty sure Kyle had some... but that may be all those Anthony Pigget single player levels that I can't remember the name of from Jedi Knight DF2 and MotS. :rolleyes: Who ever the character turns out to be, I would want more customization than we had in JA. More races with both genders, perhaps a unisex race, more facial customization (i.e. a slider that has 20 eye choices, 20 nose choices, and 20 mouth choices all able to be matched) with more clothing choices. Maybe you get to choose your clothing for each mission, if the game even had a 'choose your mission' format similar to JA.

Archived