Home

Sig Pic Requests/Discussion

-s/<itzo-

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lost Welshman

What can you tell me about making animations .:CoupeS:. These are a few I have made but the Avs are too big to be used, I need to make them smaller some how:

Lost.gif

Higg.gif

Crush.gif

ghost.gif

ghost2.gif

Morpheous.gif

Neo.gif

Fart.gif

Have you tried different levels of compression? What program are you using?

What can you tell me about making animations .:CoupeS:. These are a few I have made but the Avs are too big to be used, I need to make them smaller some how:

Lost.gif

Higg.gif

Crush.gif

ghost.gif

ghost2.gif

Morpheous.gif

Neo.gif

Fart.gif

try minimizing the frames. like if there is 20 make it 17 or something.

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

tell me again why you can'T move it to the left, i didn't quite get that.

ss-miller-07-large.jpg

That's the image I am using. And I have it all the way to the right because if I move it to the left any further, there would be a blank space and the transparency wouldn't turn out right.

I got an idea though. I'll repaste the close up and move it to the left some, and then make it see through, but I'd have to rearrange the words.

Not sure if it'll look good, but like you said, it's worth a shot.

Originally posted by dvader28

Also keep the quote on one line and the same opacity or it looks dodgy.

I fixed the images.

I am confused what you mean about the text though. Could you explain in newb terms for me :p

Also, that was my 2nd sig and te rest of your message made little sense to me

:confused:

well first of all .gif are limited to 256 colors, so generelly gifs are not used to compress a picture (by picture i mean something out of real life, not a cartoon or logo), usually you use the jpeg format for those. So making animated gifs with pictures is pretty tricky whan you have to keep the size down... and 20k is really small...

so there's a couple of things you can do... you can reduce the lenght of the animation by removing frames. You can reduce the number of colors used (i think my av uses under 32 colors), or you could reduce the dimensions of the animation or add an outline, like i did.

click the "2 images" thingy in the window of you animation (i cannot be more specific cause i have the french version), it's the one after "original" and "optimised". this way you'll have the original and the compressed one side by side. Then use the optimize pannel and try to reduce the size (it's written at the bottom) while trying to keep the animation look as good as it can.

It's all about compromizing, and don't expect to end unp with an animation as good as the orginal..

hope this helped you...

edit: here'S what i came up with (they're all under 20k)

welsh1.txtwelsh2.txtwelsh3.txtwelsh4.txtwelsh5.txtwelsh6.txt

Was fooling around with Photoshop to see how to crop out backgrounds and came up with this nifty thing.

Better than I thought it'd come out. I hate to see it go wasted...

Well, I'll get the satisfaction of showing you guys and see what you have to say about it. (I can't think of a good Horvath quote and don't know the exact words he uses near the end about staying to save Private Ryan. Any help there would help me finish it... ;))

site1092.jpg

The quote I am thinking of goes a little something like this, "When we look back at this, we''ll see saving Prvt. Ryan was the one decent thing we managed in this God-awful 'crappy' mess."

Exact words would be nice, and a better sub for the s-word other than crappy. How about 'shoddy'?

Also, I am going to make a Reiban one, and wanna use the line, "I hope mama Ryan is real ****ing happy that little Jimmy's life is more important than two of our guys!"

I need a sub for the f-word. Thanks ;) I can use that for a different Miller sig I will make, using the line I originally wanted.

Can some make me a sig?

maybe a drawing?

can you make a samurai cat in it?(or just a girl, if you dont want to do a cat)

something like this top_school.jpg

But it would be nice if the sword was more visible

Here are some swords sword.jpg

And thank you again! :leia:

Ok Katarn..first the Miller sig is much better but keep the quote on one line like

"blah blah blah blah"

NOT

"Blah

Blah

Blah"

Second...if you can't find a decent Horvath quote...don't put one in...it just clutters the sig up anyway.

Originally posted by Neko Lain

Can some make me a sig?

maybe a drawing?

can you make a samurai cat in it?(or just a girl, if you dont want to do a cat)

something like this top_school.jpg

But it would be nice if the sword was more visible

Here are some swords sword.jpg

And thank you again! :leia:

ill attempt to make em to

Archived