Home

Sig Pic Requests/Discussion

-s/<itzo-

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ronin87

Fair enough MydnightPsion.

I'll work on your's Darth Rythe. Post some links to raw material though.

@Arreat, I've got yours done, text and all. Tell me if it needs resizing.

29671339.jpg

Lil Killa: This is how to animate. If I'm unclear, just check Photoshop's help index.

To make an animated gif:

Using Photoshop and ImageReady...

a. In Photoshop, select the different images you want to have animated together, and then size them all down so they all fit on top of each other directly.

b. Stack the images on top of each other, so that when they are peeled off, one by one, the correct order of animation will be shown. You will end up with one image.

c. Jump to imageReady. Under the Window menu, open Animation.

d. A window with on frame corresponding to your stacked image. Hit the "new frame" button on that window, and then go over to the layers palette, and unclick the top "eye" button next to your top layer. This will hide the top layer. Continue in this manner until you have a frame for each layer.

e. Go to File, Save Optimized As.

f. Choose Images Only, give it a file name, and save it.

g. After that you have to Save for Web... but that's just standard

what do u mean raw material?

Originally posted by BongoBob

Can someone make me a sig pic/av combo using Linkin Park. I'll try to find some pics for you to use, but I don't want to do an empty search, so let me know if anyone wants to do this for me. Thanx to the person who does it for me.

I'll take that request Bongobob. If you want I'll search for material myself?

@.:Solusar:. - Linkin Park is right up my street ill have a go ;)

@MydnightPsion - The new pic will be up soon :)

CoupeS, damn that's a nice av & sig you've got, what's the theme of it ? I can't make out what it is, Hitman ?

Originally posted by Ronin87

Fair enough MydnightPsion.

I'll work on your's Darth Rythe. Post some links to though.

@Arreat, I've got yours done, text and all. Tell me if it needs resizing.

29671339.jpg

Lil Killa: This is how to animate. If I'm unclear, just check Photoshop's help index.

To make an animated gif:

Using Photoshop and ImageReady...

a. In Photoshop, select the different images you want to have animated together, and then size them all down so they all fit on top of each other directly.

b. Stack the images on top of each other, so that when they are peeled off, one by one, the correct order of animation will be shown. You will end up with one image.

c. Jump to imageReady. Under the Window menu, open Animation.

d. A window with on frame corresponding to your stacked image. Hit the "new frame" button on that window, and then go over to the layers palette, and unclick the top "eye" button next to your top layer. This will hide the top layer. Continue in this manner until you have a frame for each layer.

e. Go to File, Save Optimized As.

f. Choose Images Only, give it a file name, and save it.

g. After that you have to Save for Web... but that's just standard

What do u mean raw material?

Arreat, here is your sig pic resized down to 500 x 80. I'm glad you liked it. Tell me if you want anything changed in the future.

diablo2.jpg

Darth Rythe, I would still like to work on your sig pic even though .:Coupes:. made you one. If you could provide links to raw material, I could get started.

woah! Tesla, the sig you made for MidnightPsion is WAY too big!!!

you have to think of the 56k users, the sig is over 1120000 bytes for god's sake!! :eek:

you should dramatically reduce the number of frames in your transitions (try something like 2 or 3 max!), the result will not be as fluid but this is an animated gif, not an .avi file :p. Also try to optimize the images, trade some quality for some size.

woah! Tesla, the sig you made for MidnightPsion is WAY too big!!!

you have to think of the 56k users, the sig is over 1120000 bytes for god's sake!!

you should dramatically reduce the number of frames in your transitions (try something like 2 or 3 max!), the result will not be as fluid but this is an animated gif, not an .avi file :p. Also try to optimize the images, trade some quality for some size.

Yeah i know but the wierd thing is that when i visit this page it loads instantly :confused:

I'll try to make the frames morph with 2 frames or something :)

Originally posted by Tesla Trooper

Yeah i know but the wierd thing is that when i visit this page it loads instantly :confused:

I'll try to make the frames morph with 2 frames or something :)

sure! it's because it's in your internet cache. If you go to Windows/Temporary internet files, you'll see a bunch of weird folders. In each of them are the pictures, images, css files, js files, html files and such, you went across on the internet(since it was cleared :p). This helps load the pages faster.

hey, i was wondering if one of you talented sig makers could maybe resize my current sig down so that it's the right size for all viewers.

the theme of it is Obi-Wan, and this is what it is right now:

vochesky_sig.jpg

You can cut off the GOTF part, for it is just my clan, but I would like to retain enough of the Obi-Wan figure so that he is recognizable and I would like my name to be kept on it too.

Thank you to the person who can do this!:)

Archived