Home

Superpowers

Lynk Former

Well a lot of you have probably thought that I've been discouraging you all to participate with this forum. This isn't true, just cause I do my job and close threads doesn't mean I chase people away. The reason no one comes here is because this place doesn't have a large community base. So as a sign of goodwill, let's try to kick some life into this place... DECENT life, not gamethreads.

So onto the thread...

If you could have a superpower, what superpower would it be? Do you want to control fire, water or be able to fly or shoot lasers out of your eyes? It can only be one power, not multiple powers.

And why not stop that, with your selected superpower what superhero name would you give yourself?

My superpower would enable me to control the wind, and this doesn't mean just blowing things around, i could get a speck of sand and make it circle so fast that I could cut metal with it, and of course I would call myself "Razorwind" :p Oh and think about it, since I can control the wind I can also lift myself into the air with this power so I would be able to fly in a way. :D :D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thsi sounds interesting... Alright, so you can't pick multiple pwoers, but is it ok to participate more than once? And also, isn't this just a gamethread, even though you say it's not?

Anyway, i want to control liquids. With a single movement of my arm, i could fill someone's lungs with water, or better yet, make his blood burst out... I'm not very good at making up names, i'll be Liquidman!

hmmm tough one.

x-ray vision :p naaah would be disturbing ...

able to fly... hmmm could be cool. fast way to get somewhere... no traffic jams. no more paying for trains and busses. very handy...

mind control... could be messy if you do it wrong. to much risk.

im gonna stick with flying :)

Originally posted by Doomgiver

And also, isn't this just a gamethread, even though you say it's not?

It's me asking you all a question, it isn't a game thread, I don't want people to just say "Ice, and Iceman" i want full explainations not some cheap one liner which gamethreads are known for, and once people have told what their superpower of choice is people are able to discuss it and yada yada... And yes you can post more than once obviously.

@ Wraithy: :D Yeah I don't think it'd be a good idea to delve into someones mind XD Most likely you'd end up corrupted by someones mind at some point lol.

Control of plants! Y'know, someone points a gun at me, and suddenly some vines burst out of the floor, right trough the asphalt or whatever, and they capture and strangle him. Then it sucks his brains out or bites his head off, and uses his cells to regenerate me... Then i'd be Greenguy!

Mindcontrol Man would be pretty cool too, but it's such a mess to clean up after i let their minds explode...

Or the power over growth! Not only could i turn myself into a giant, or an ant, but i could also mutate all biological beings around me into my mindless, terrifying zombie-slaves. I could give a cat giant claws and teeth, make him three meters high... but it would need mind control to make it work better...

Yes i am disturbed...

Duh!! The Force!! It is one power!! But, it comes with many features!! Cloaking, lightning, mind trick, push, pull, speed, jump, rage, grip, stasis, storm, heal, absorb, drain, protect, kill, and all of the ones in KotOR!!

*Cuts off oxygen around his head...dies.*

:fett:

I'd probably go for ultraspeed or something... much like flash from DC comics. I could get around unnoticed or get places really fast.

I would be called ... erm... Fasto-Dude !

My other choice would be invisibility for some ... obvious reasons :p This would come in handy in multiple occasions, much like the super speed, I could easily go around unnoticed. Of course I would be invisible all the time, I could turn it on and off whenever I want. Now don't be a smartass and say I would be blind as light reflects on your retina and if I have no retina I couldn't possibly see... ;)

My name would be Captain SeeTru

Why not have cat powers Sithy? You've always told me you wanted to be those furry ears and paws and such. Cat powers would get ya everything you wanted :p

@ majin revan: LOL I was just waiting for someone to say the force XD

@ sabre: your lack of imagination disturbs me ;)

I was thinking about my wind idea and I realised you can do so much more with wind than you realise. I mean I'd have to be confined to a planet for it to be able to work but If I had control over the wind I'd be able to cut peoples oxygen by taking the air out of their lungs. Also, I'd be able to make an invisible shield by rushing wind around myself at highspeeds so that nothing could get through and of course as the "Razorwind" name suggests I can cut things lol. I could also use the wind to fly and lift other people up and toss them around and do all sorts of stuff :D

I'd like the ability to control temperature in things. Like, make something super-heated or freeze it down to nearly absolute zero in a matter of seconds. I can think of a LOT of possible applications of this....super-heating tires on a badguys getaway car so they blow out, or just heating the axels on the car enough so they melt.....freeze/boil the blood in people's veins....melt guns in peoples hands so they cannot shoot me....

Lakes would be an amazing escape route for me, I could freeze a thick layer of ice on the top, but keep the water around me comfortably warm...

Summer heat or winter cold would never phase me. I could keep a nice sphere of comfortable temperature around me at all times...

My superhero name would be 'The Frozen Inferno'

It would also be useful against a badguy with a pacemaker....melt the pace maker and I'd be like..

"Ha! You're screwed! Never mind that fact that you have MOLTEN METAL touching your heart, but your pacemaker won't be able to make it beat properly!"

:D

I think my superpower > all other superpowers :p

Originally posted by Lynk Former

Not really, a person with mind control and a person who controls the wind would still be able to rival you.

Perhaps. I can think of several scenarios where either power would come out on top, but I think the advantage would be to whoever attacked first no matter.

lol

When you think about it physical powers such as controlling plants and animals and being able to become solid metal can be easily overcome by people who have... *thinks of the word* XD "non-physical" powers XD someone get me a better word lol.

The thing is fire and ice can take out plant and metal easily and mind control could take out anyone with a weak mind and so on.

Another superpower that would be pretty cool to have is to able to control electricity, i mean to control electricity you'd need to be magnetised so you could also be able to control the earths magnetic field... mmmmmmm immense destruction a thought away *drools*

Archived