Home

New KOTOR II trailer from IGN

WOW!!!! check out the "First Trailer" video, that is SWEEEET

check out that Force Choke/Kill animation I mean lifting the guy off the ground and killing him SWEET

Thanks for the link chickmagnet2888

just watching that was amazing like with the part where hes walking forward in the dark robes, and the force choke part, and the bit where the.... oh oh oh im just stoked!

but id have to agree with the whole winter 2004 being the best part :D

Originally posted by maverick187

not only did it say it was a Winter release but it also said winter 2004

I know Mav, what do you think the band and dancers are for in my post, Winter 2004 thats like freakin cool! :D

All I want for the yuletide holidays is to become a Sith Lord! :lightning

[A. Powers] Yeah, Baby... Yeah!!! [/A. Powers]

Originally posted by maverick187

OHHH just bring it you Sith wussy, I'll show you what a true Jedi can do ....LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only good Jedi, is a Jedi blasted into oblivion! [Evil Laugh]

[sith Comedian]

What do you call 1,000 Jedi that have fallen into a black hole?

A good start! :D

[/sith Comedian]

^^^^

Ironic isn't it, I read somewhere that the New Jedi Order a.k.a. Luke and company get rid of the Sith "once and for all" by going to the most ummmm "Sithy" <--- lol planet and turning on the most devestating weapon, a black hole generator and suck all the sith/evil away for good, don't remember where I read that though.

Agrees. Hopefully this was from an earlier build, when they hadn't made new skins for the PC's heads. I don't feel like getting stuck using my regular Revan head for my new PC, being the one that was shown in the demo or one very similar to it IE; mullet man.

Although they probably have/will, so this is nothing.

The music... the bloody excellent music. I've always been a fan of movie soundtracks, and that final bit after one of the Darths(most likely skeleton-face) says "the vegeance of the Dark Side" is just bloody excellent. Is that a soundtrack from a movie, or is it exclusive for Knights of the Old Republic II? Anyone know?

And other than that... well, the game certainly looks Knights of the Old Republic I, just different areas and characters. And bloody hell, am I pumped. An excellent well-set together trailer, showing off some of the vistas and the characters. Looking forward to see how this'll all work out.

Now then, let's see what kind of speculation we can get off this trailer...

-Obviously, lots of Jedi were killed, the start showed that much. I was rather surprised to also see various skeletons on, what appears to be, Korriban. Were the other Sith murdered as well? (or perhaps Revan's doing after he found the starmap)

-Another interesting tidbit... after the evil voice says "One Last Jedi", there is a shot of, what I think it is, a Mandalorian village or base. My speculation : Survivors from Kun's Sith War on the moon near Onderon.

-Just who *IS* that bloke in a Sith Armor-like suit? He looks cool, methinks he might be the 'bad-ass' of the group(like Canderous)

-I find the kid before Mara to look suspiciously like a young version of Carth. Mmmmm...

-They're right. Mira *is* easy on the eyes :p

-Good lord, the old woman with the hood over her head has strange eyes.

-What the heck is that guy wearing in the shot before "One choice change change your life"? Who is he?

-Oh yeah, definately agree. The Force Choke/Death looks bloody nasty, evil, and vile. Perfect for the Sith Lords under us. :)

-And finally... that'll be Darth Sion at the end, I presume?

All in all, a definately good trailer, KotOR 2 has just become more a whole lot more interesting. From what I've heard, Winter 2004 can still mean the Winter for next year as well. (But I won't be complaining if it does slip into 2004 (without bugs of course) :) )

^^^^

They will probably have all the heads from KOTOR and a half a dozen newer ones.

[sarcasm]

Wait a tick!... What if the great secret of KOTOR:TSL is that you are actually a clone of Revan then having the same available heads makes even more sense.

[/sarcasm]

Originally posted by Burrie

The music... the bloody excellent music. I've always been a fan of movie soundtracks, and that final bit after one of the Darths(most likely skeleton-face) says "the vegeance of the Dark Side" is just bloody excellent. Is that a soundtrack from a movie, or is it exclusive for Knights of the Old Republic II? Anyone know?

Good question. I'm not too sure if its exclusive to or for something else. I liked it but I didn't. It sounded like Star Wars, but at that same time it was a bit too Matrix-e. What I'm really hoping for is something a bit closer to K1's soundtrack. Mostly for continuity purposes, especially if Revan still has a role to play, if that makes sence. Which could still be difficult to pull off because, IIRC from the Obsidian boards, whats-his-name isn't composing this game. Anyways, if this is the new music direction the score for the games going to take I won't complain too much. As long as it still has the underlying Williams themes & it all doesn't have that Matrix beat, which is all IMO.

As for your other questions/discussion topics, that will have to wait until I'm off work & can get on a half desent comp that can actually play the trailer, so I can remember exactly what your talking about. P.O.S work junk :D

Originally posted by Burrie

:eek:

Thank you, now the big secret in KotOR:TSL is completely ruined.

:p

On the other hand, just what *can* the big secret be... hummm, I feel a thread coming on.

A plot twist is surely afoot in KOTOR:TSL, so there "has" to be a secret of some sort.

According to the vid, your choice is what KOTOR:TSL is all about, so the galaxy on my PC is surely doomed! :D

Archived