Home

Star Wars: Episode III (The Game) - First Details!

Hekx

Plus! Activision 2005 schedule revealed: True Crime 2, Quake IV, Ultimate Spider-Man and more...

Activision have announced their line-up of games for 2005 - and they've revealed a slew of new titles in the process. The biggest news is that the game based on Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith will be released on 5 May and, according to LucasArts president Jim Ward, will be "the WWE of Star Wars games". Like the Episode III movie, the PS2 and Xbox game focuses on the climactic fight between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and, according to Ward, will include "the most exciting lightsaber duels ever seen in a videogame".

The third-person action-adventure will also give players the chance to make use of a range of abilities: as Anakin, players will unleash the power of the dark side in ruthless lightsaber and Force attacks while, as Obi-Wan, players will struggle to save the galaxy from darkness by focusing the power of the light side into swift and precise lightsaber attacks and using the Force to control enemy actions. A preview of the game will be available as part of the Star Wars Trilogy DVD that's being released in September.

Source: gamesradar.com

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

>: (

consoles claim they're better for gaming, they're made purely for gaming unlike the pc, but still they need these stupid console-only licenses.

Alegis....XBOX pwnz j00! :p

Just kidding.

Seriously though, after about five years of steady flops with games based on the Star Wars movie releases, they have a steep order to fill with Episode III. They will be scrutinized to the last pixel.

If they pull off something new and original like they did with Riddick, this will be an exiting time!

[shameless promotion] Also refer to this thread for some feedback! [/shameless promotion] :D

I am of two minds ...

On the one hand, I almost bought an XBox for KotOR, would have if I didn't know it was coming to PC. I have the money if I so choose.

On the other hand, we have a GameCube that Santa brought for the 'family', and even though I have RS3:Rebel Strike and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, I pretty much never play it. I recognize that I'm a PC Gamer, plain and simle.

... what to do ...

Mike

No PC! How dare they! This Data better be wrong, After the Halo 2 business, they can't do this to me! NO! If only my friends were more Star Wars loving... They've got an Xbox...

So cruel... I'm just hoping... Can't Lucasarts see? The PC market is growing again! Just look at Half-Life two! But Lucasarts doesn't understand! But PC gamers will never die! We're going on strike!

... right fellas?

EDIT: alright, we're going to start a rebellion! WE're going to send angry letters to Lucasarts! We'll threaten them to stop buying viseo games untill they come out on PC! Please, console gamers, help us!

Or not... Stupid idea anyway...

I would be with you all on this, but luckily I have a PS2 :D.

sounds promising. BUt with no pictures, who's to tell?

True Crime 2

Quake IV

Call of Duty 2

Next Tony Hawk

Ultimate Spider-Man

Madagascar

Iron Man

Fantastic Four

Shrek

The Movies

New Neversoft game

Mercenaries

Dead Rush

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Star Wars: Episode III

Whoa! Nice line up :eek:

Ultimate spidey and.... IRON MAN!

whoob

Well I guess there's CXBX (runs Xbox games at full speed...only works for XP and 2000...needs lots of development to increase XDK compatibility...runs Turok great though) and PCSX2 (runs some PS2 games...very very slow at the moment...on the plus side your PC's DVD player can read PS2 games unlike with Xbox DVD's)...

But really, with Quake IV and very probably a Jedi Knight 3 (or whatever you want to call it) using the Doom 3 engine, who cares? :D

Originally posted by Doomgiver

No PC! How dare they! This Data better be wrong, After the Halo 2 business, they can't do this to me! NO! If only my friends were more Star Wars loving... They've got an Xbox...

So cruel... I'm just hoping... Can't Lucasarts see? The PC market is growing again! Just look at Half-Life two! But Lucasarts doesn't understand! But PC gamers will never die! We're going on strike!

... right fellas?

EDIT: alright, we're going to start a rebellion! WE're going to send angry letters to Lucasarts! We'll threaten them to stop buying viseo games untill they come out on PC! Please, console gamers, help us!

Or not... Stupid idea anyway...

Uh, right...

OMG! QUAKE IV!!! *runs like a madman that he is*

Meh, who cares about ep 3 - QUAKE IV :D

D3, HL2 and Q4 all within one and a half years. Sweet.

I have no hopes for the latest SW games, especially with all the next-generation games like the ones mentioned above coming out.

Originally posted by Doomgiver

But PC gamers will never die! We're going on strike!

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-03-05

*Releases his Kirby-Dark Jedi that slaughter Doom shouting: No mercy!*

Archived