Home

Why did Jango clone himself?

Pad

If you mean in the sense "he would live forever in his children" then the same could be said of any person who ever had kids. Carrying on their genes or their legacy or their memory that their children had of them, etc whatever. But you don't need cloning to do that. ;)
But with cloning he has a child who is 100% "all Jango". Having child by normal means would only be 50% Jango. Whether that would matter to him or not, I don't know.

Another theory might be that because is supposedly the last of the Mandalorians, having a clone child means that his decendent is 100% Mandalorian as well. Just a thought...

But with cloning he has a child who is 100% "all Jango". Having child by normal means would only be 50% Jango. Whether that would matter to him or not, I don't know.

Excellent point. Perhaps he's an egomaniac and a bit of a racist. That would make perfect sense actually!

Another theory might be that because is supposedly the last of the Mandalorians, having a clone child means that his decendent is 100% Mandalorian as well. Just a thought...

But then why have just one child? The Mandalorian line ends with Boba, then! So either make a ton of clones, or... wowsers, do it the old fashioned way through breeding! (Unless he's sterile or gay or something and that's why he's afraid to do it, but even in the later case, what about artificial insemination? I mean it's true intertility exists in Star Wars, but I find it hard to imagine that this technology is beyond their grasp, even if it were illegal, that isn't something that would stop Fett...)

Or make clones and alter some of them to be female. And it would be incest, but he could "continue the line" through them that way...

Mmm, of course he could've used the army to continue his legacy, but I think he wanted to make an attachment to the one that would carry it on. I think he was aiming for a bounty hunter clone more than a soldier when it came to his mark upon the galaxy. Sure, the army was bigger and more obvious, but perhaps he didn't want to be super famous.

Sounds good, but how would he know that Boba was going to have a career as a "Bounty Hunter" when he was only 12 years old? I mean sure the kid probably idolizes him "I want to be just like you dad, etc!" Then again in the EU they cram a bunch of crap down our throats by having Boba become a famous Bounty Hunter, assasinating leaders and stuff, wearing child-size Mandalorian Armor... *wretch*

Jango Cloned Himself because The Count Asked Him To Becuse He Needed A guy To Make His Clone army so his master could take over The GALAXY

Read the thread carefully.

This is about why he asked for a personal clone, who of course we now know as Boba.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Legacy, and that little sense of immortality (but by no means literal immortality). Surely, the clone army is a much greater and more galacticly significant legacy and imortality, but it's not pure. It's created by someone else, for someone else, and changed to be subservient and get old fast... not a Bounty Hunter's dream. A pure clone, however, is even more pure than a natural son could ever be.

He had the oppurtunity, and maybe he wanted something a little different and emotional in his life, more than just the Bounty Hunter's life.

• 1 month later...
i think jango cloned himself because palpaltine paid him to do it so he could have an army to take over the galaxy .besides hes a bounty hunter and he is on no ones side unless he new of papaltines secret of being a sith lord and trying to rule the universe

Don't revive old thread, especially to give an answer to a question you didn't understand.

He meant why did he keep an unaltered clone for himself, that is stated in the question.

Archived