Home

for swampies interested in AvP2 (the PC game)

RpTheHotrod

A few of yall are getting interested in either buying

it for the first time, or re-installing it.

Let me know if you do. I'm into it and could use

some familiar faces. ;)

for your viewing pleasure

avp2a.jpg

avp2b.jpg

avp2c.jpg

Those are some damn fine screenies you got going on there! What resolution you running? Graphics card and what not?

I still have it installed. Problem is, I am SOOOOOOO terrible at this game. I mean I do love it, the games are almost funny to me, and I met some really funny people on the servers.

I remember I went on this one server, and these guys were just standing around idling, until I found out why, they were playing some sort of twisted frisbee game with the predator disc. They were like, "dude, this is funny, watch this...."

My ability to keep my sense of humor and crack jokes, usually keeps me from getting kicked off the servers, but I really have got my arse handed to me on this game quite often.

I'm still not un-installing it...the SP game is a pure adrenaline rush, and I may still do some online fragging again.

You should hit acdcfanbill up too, he loves the hell out of this game. He practically talked me into buying it.

;)

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Actually, that was a group effort screenshot episode. My resolution and graphics are actually better than those screenshots, hehe.

I hope they release AvP3...especially on an engine like Doom3 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well if they do that, I won't be buying it. I'll throw snowballs in Hell before I buy a new pc to play a video game. :rolleyes:

(Edit- I want Doom3 also, but i'm holding out for the XBOX version because I know it will run. ;) )

A great single player sequel to a great single player game. Hard, and scary. Basically why I said "so what" when I heard about Doom3 (running around in the dark fighting scary monsters, wait, didn't I just do that already?? Remember Doom was originally going to be based on the Aliens liscense way back in the day!).

Lot of missed opportunities in Multiplayer though (no coop, no bots, not even the crappy respawning aliens like in "Skirmish" in the original Avp).

That game could REALLY have benefited from a solid, objective & class based mission mode, like JA's Siege, or UT's "Assault" (or UT2k4's "Onslaught"). Have no idea what the mod community is like. Oh well...

The game is SUPER CHEAP here at Best Buy, and I imagine there's going to be another run on it because of the movie (which is a blockbuster despite horrible reviews on rottentomatoes.com.. it's one of the worst movies released this year according to that rating!).

I played a bunch it back in the day (and got beaten up in the demo quite a bit), but I might just pick up the combo pack if I can find it (the one with the expansion included) since my computer is much more capable of running this beast smoothly in all its gruesome glory than it could back then.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Actually, that was a group effort screenshot episode. My resolution and graphics are actually better than those screenshots, hehe.

I hope they release AvP3...especially on an engine like Doom3 :eek: :eek: :eek:

You'd need H-L 2 engine. :)

I might try to get this game again, it looks pretty cool. Especcially now that I've got a new comp.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Ok.....i'm listening....:eek:

I can run the game at the lowest res. and lowest settings on a Geforce2 MX 32MB, but I think the rest of the system make up for that. ;) It runs pretty smooth until I get to hell, but with the card you have, I think it can handle it better. I get around 20FPS and it still runs smooth.

Well since my good buddy RP brought the topic up, I'll finish off the offer.

If you actuallly do get back into the game, I'll tell you one thing from experiance. The game is 10 times more fun when played with someone you know than by yourself. For this purpose we have clans.

Now, for what RS is:

Overview - Rage Soldiers X are an organized group of gamers, commonly known as a clan, that get together to have a good time playing PC games online. The purpose of having such a group in the gaming world is to give people a home within their home, while creating a small community of responsible gamers that enjoy a clean and fun gameplay experience with a dash of sportsmanship. With the help of such a group, new friendships are born and old friendships grow stronger all the while recieving a fun filled bunch of games online.

You can visit us at http://www.clanelitez.com

E-mail or MSN me at sniperstryker@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from whoever takes interest.

Well, though I am no where near the Drone I was back in 2002, I would like to get back into the game. I've played a bit, and I noticed your clan server, though I didn't have the mod. I tried to register on your forums, but no e-mail yet.

I already have RP's e-mail, however, so I shall talk to him when I see him.

Ok...2 very imprtant things you need after installing the game

1 is the 1.0.9.6 patch, which is the latest version. This autodownloads upon launching multiplayer mode from siarra update.

2 is the official map pack update from Sierra. it does 2 things.

A. it adds 4 new maps (Stronghold, Reservoir, Alley, and one more I forget) The server was probaly on one of these which is the reason for booting you.

B. it updates some textures and map data to fix some glitches.

You can dl the official map update from sierra at their FTP site

here's a link:

ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/avp2/other/si_avp2_en_maps_multiplay1.exe

• 2 weeks later...

Archived