Home

My dream became truth!

Neon

Haha, it's official for me now, the AT-TE's has to get on the field by a Gunship! when I wanted to take a picture of a huge spider droid for another thread, I couldn't believe my eyes, I saw a gunship without a floor, just like in the movies, it took off and I looked very good and saw the turret of the AT-TE.

You can look at it on the battlefront official site --> gameplay --> Planets --> then check out the geonosis video, the last scene of it, you can see the huge spider droid falling in pieces, well, when you can see the spider droid, look after it, you can see the gunship without floor taking off after dropping a AT-TE.

Here is a picture, but you can see it better when you look at it yourself.

DroppedAT-TE.jpg

Please post more content than just a smilie craftsman

As for the gunship, great indeed. Stimulates the "movie feeling" instead of just vehicles spawning. Since geonosis is a flat, wide battle area it would be cooler if vehicles were dropped along the way, instead of suddenly spawning in your face

here's my hope and dream for the game.

i don't know if anyone has thought of this but i hope the special hero bonus is usable by both teams at once including sp vs a.i. say you play galactic conquest and you have control of the planet that enables the use of special bonus luke skywalker. the a.i. or live opponent empire has control of the planet that gives them darth vader.

i want the heroes to be the strongest bonus so that once say the a.i. team aquires it they use it every time. then when you fight the empire they always use darth vader and you choose to use luke. during the battle both hero and villian are unleashed on the battlefield with their sabers flying.

here's my hope. that both sides can use their heroes simultaneously and that if the heroes are on the same half or so of the map THEY SEEK EACH OTHER OUT AND HAVE A THRILLING LIGHTSABER DUEL!!!

maybe that's too much to ask, but if i was in charge that's the kind of stuff i'd put in the game.

it would be great to be running around or piloting a vehicle during the heat of battle and suddenly out of the corner of your view you spot luke and vader or mace and dooku swordfighting amidst the flying lasers and explosions.

In my experience, Developers dont really listen to their fans enough. It may be because they are pushed for time, or that we are just asking too much, but wouldnt it be wise to at least aknowledge our ideas since we are buying the right to play the game :D . But hey, maybe thats what mods are for :p

Originally posted by CyberDragon

In my experience, Developers dont really listen to their fans enough. It may be because they are pushed for time, or that we are just asking too much, but wouldnt it be wise to at least aknowledge our ideas since we are buying the right to play the game :D . But hey, maybe thats what mods are for :p

The latter assumption is correct. Fans usually don't know what they want, you'll always have some fool that asks for this and that which causes things to go off balance or expectation not being met. This is exactly what happened to SWG, the devs asked for alot of input from the forum, and ended up with a mess of things. There isn't too much of a problem on this in Battlefront since the testers and license director have control over the small details the devs missed.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to stay on topic! The lander seems to undoubtley be a spawner, instead of an actual drivable vehicle. Wonder how it will all work out, 21 days left!

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

here's my hope and dream for the game.

i don't know if anyone has thought of this but i hope the special hero bonus is usable by both teams at once including sp vs a.i. say you play galactic conquest and you have control of the planet that enables the use of special bonus luke skywalker. the a.i. or live opponent empire has control of the planet that gives them darth vader.

i want the heroes to be the strongest bonus so that once say the a.i. team aquires it they use it every time. then when you fight the empire they always use darth vader and you choose to use luke. during the battle both hero and villian are unleashed on the battlefield with their sabers flying.

here's my hope. that both sides can use their heroes simultaneously and that if the heroes are on the same half or so of the map THEY SEEK EACH OTHER OUT AND HAVE A THRILLING LIGHTSABER DUEL!!!

Would be nice, but if one faction is using a heroe, the other probably can't (like god powers in age of mythology)

I think it'd be cool if the bonuses could be used as a foil for other bonuses. Like they send out Dath Vader, and he's pwning everyone on your team, so you have to call in Luke Skywalker to occupy him, or you could wait until Vader leaves then Send in Luke to help you out in gaining back what you've lost.

Fans usually don't know what they want, you'll always have some fool that asks for this and that which causes things to go off balance or expectation not being met. This is exactly what happened to SWG, the devs asked for alot of input from the forum, and ended up with a mess of things.

There are always people who say something stupid like "i should totaly be able to fly, and why isnt my proffession invincible," but on the SWG boards, there are hundreds of specifically detailed, well thought out, logical, fun plans to improve the game. The majority of input is either a great idea to make the game better, or people disputing other people's ideas to make them better. Sorry to seem defensive, it's the Dev's fault for everything. And they DON'T listen to the players at all, no matter what they say. Even when they ask the players for a list of plan of some kind of revamp, the players give them a brilliant one, but then it's too long for the devs, or they just won't do it.

Take the Smuggler Revamp for example. The Devs asked for a list of ideas for the smuggler revamp. So the smugglers got together, came up with some ideas, threw out the stupid ideas, and organized it into a well thought out report for the Devs, then the Devs gave their proposed smuggler revamp, and it was absolutely nothing like what the smugglers had ask for, and it's not as if they'd asked for anything unreasonable.

I'm sorry again, but I just have to say that the playerbase is intelligent in SWG and the Devs simply don't listen to them ever, and NOT because they "don't know what they want."

Archived