Home

Here we go again...

Crazy_dog no.3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleh. Thousands upon thousands of children die every day in the third world because of reasons easily prevented - and I don't see anyone crying over them.

But I guess it's just another tragic example of the fact that, the more common a problem is, the more it is accepted as a part of the world. In other words, the larger the problem is, the less priority it has.

Originally posted by BongoBob

I hope they tortured those bastards before they killed them. I would have. I would like to shot them in there arms, legs, and then pour salt in the wounds. then shoot them in the testicles. Many times. Or step on them and crush them slowly. Then let them bleed out.

Please explain to me how that makes you better than the terrorists in the first place. And please don't come with the "they did it first!", because that does not matter.

Originally posted by Breton

Bleh. Thousands upon thousands of children die every day in the third world because of reasons easily prevented - and I don't see anyone crying over them.

But I guess it's just another tragic example of the fact that, the more common a problem is, the more it is accepted as a part of the world. In other words, the larger the problem is, the less priority it has.

Please explain to me how that makes you better than the terrorists in the first place. And please don't come with the "they did it first!", because that does not matter.

Oh, because we just love to hear about how humanity is ignorant and mislead and that you have the answer to all world problems.

:dozey:

Aka STFU.

Originally posted by IG-64

Aka STFU.

What would you do about it? Just choose to ignore reality in favor of whatever you would like to be real?

And, like Breton said, blind retribution is not a good answer to violence. Yes, let the terrorists rot in jail cells for the rest of their lives. Deprive them of their ability to be martyrs, so that more lives will be saved in the future. Merely getting angry now, and not caring about what will happen is shortsighted and, frankly, foolish.

IMO, terrorists have no justification for killing anyone, children or not. They are simply murderers, and should be dealt with according to the law, not given some special political prize by the media for their actions.

As much as I hate to say it, I admit as a human being that I will ignore the fact that the world is imperfect and go on with my life. I do feel very sad for the children in the third world countries dying but I don't let it disrupt my life because I dont have to.

And the reason I told Breton to shut the freak up is because he over-examines human concious and acts like he knows how to fix all faults in the world, which is not reality.

And besides, no one wants to hear about how were all ignorant and lazy and mislead, weather or not we are. I mean if anyone does raise your hand.

As much as I hate to say it, I admit as a human being that I will ignore the fact that the world is imperfect and go on with my life. I do feel very sad for the children in the third world countries dying but I don't let it disrupt my life because I dont have to.

Just so you don't accept it as good or 'normal', and try to do something about it if you can. Honest answer.

And the reason I told Breton to shut the freak up is because he over-examines human concious and acts like he knows how to fix all faults in the world, which is not reality.

Actually, you could fix all the faults in the world. It's called 'extinction of the human race' or some such. Needless to say, I'm not so hot for that to happen. ;)

And besides, no one wants to hear about how were all ignorant and lazy and mislead, weather or not we are. I mean if anyone does raise your hand.

Perhaps not, but it is good to hear it on occasion. If we are ignorant of a problem, how can a solution be found?

Heh, sorry if I'm being annoying. I've been reading the NationStates forums for a few weeks... :rolleyes:

Oh, because we just love to hear about how humanity is ignorant and mislead and that you have the answer to all world problems.

I'm not trying to be a besserwisser here, just want to point out the obvious double set of morals when it comes to how the media (and thus the people) priorities relatively small problems.

But back on topic, as this is actually a thread about the happenings in Russia. It's very easy for us to sit here and talk about how evil these terrorists are. But seriously, none of us knows anything of why they would do such an "evil" act. I seriously doubt they enjoy taking little children hostage, but I'd imagine it's (for them) a necissary mean to accomplish their goal of an independent Chechnya.

It's important to try to see such "dreadful" happenings from different points of view. Distancing yourself from it will only lead to conflict where there should be peace.

But back on topic, as this is actually a thread about the happenings in Russia. It's very easy for us to sit here and talk about how evil these terrorists are. But seriously, none of us knows anything of why they would do such an "evil" act. I seriously doubt they enjoy taking little children hostage, but I'd imagine it's (for them) a necissary mean to accomplish their goal of an independent Chechnya.

It's important to try to see such "dreadful" happenings from different points of view. Distancing yourself from it will only lead to conflict where there should be peace.

... They're called "terrorists" :indif:

... They're called "terrorists" :indif:

And do you honostly think they sit around saying 'So, today, as TERRORISTS, we're gonna blah blah blah'? I'm sure they think of themselves as liberators...

...sounds familiar...*Geedubya*

The ends does not justify the means, ever. Especially when the means is murdering innnocents that almost certaintly did not have anything to do with Chechnya at all. The terrorists then take them for use in their political games. I fail to see how they get any point across besides that they are willing to decline into barbarism. The only thing I see from their actions is apparent fact that they are incapable of forming a peaceful resistance - which I might add, has successful precedence. India, anyone?

I have never understood why they think that terrorism will get them anything - as far as I can see, all it does is solidify opposition against them (except for radicals like themselves). If they did not use terror or violent acts to 'further' their cause, I have no doubt they would be much farther along the way to independence then they are now.

The Bible says "Inasmuch as ye have done unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done unto me. (Matthew)"

These criminals hurt children, and that really doesn't flow right with God. These crooks will have much to answer for, it is only a matter of time.

God, bless the families of the departed, Amen.

But seriously, none of us knows anything of why they would do such an "evil" act. I seriously doubt they enjoy taking little children hostage, but I'd imagine it's (for them) a necissary mean to accomplish their goal of an independent Chechnya.

I agree that it's important to look at the background of the situation, and try to understand WHY they do it. But that does not and cannot justify their actions. Even if the Russian government had raped and murdered their entire families they were not justified in taking hostage and killing innocent civilians who had nothing to do with the Russian government.

I am always shocked at mans capacity for immhumanity towards his fellow man.

I think that terrorists dont like killing children thing is crap, they're still evil and selfish people.

Would you kill 200+ kids? Or decline the job? Basically saying 200+ kids or yourself. Its very selfish and evil, even if they dont like killing ppl they should still be punished.

Did I ever say it made me any better? No. I said what I thought was right. I said what I thought would bring justice. And most importantly, I don't give a rats ass if you agree with my oppinion or not. It's MY friggin oppinion. You agree or you don't. That's what makes this world unique. It can also make it a hell-hole. It's just the way things are.

Its good to hold humanity in contempt...

...makes things like this a bit easier to accept:¬:

Now if you'll excuse me, I just drank 4 pops in less than an hour, and my stomach hurts...

...that ****in guy who created caffine...I'LL KILL HIM!!

Archived