Home

Battlefront System Spec Questions [MERGE]

Triforcer

My comp is 1.6 Pentium M IBM laptop with 40GB memory and 1024 gigs of RAM. However the graphics card is only a 32mb Radeon 7500.

I KNOW that the require is a 64mb card, please don't just reply to repeat that. However, I have played other games below specs in certain categories, and none of them have per se barred me from playing...SWG for example I could play as long as I stayed away from populated cities.

So, do you think on the very lowest settings there is ANY chance I could play with a minimum of slowdown, given my monster RAM and other acceptable stats?

P.S. I can play Battlefield Vietnam on lowest settings on 32 person servers with virtually no lag. That's a helpful sign, at least, as the requirements are 64 mb there also...

EDIT: Thanks, mods.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as your card specifically supports "Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability" - as the requirements specify - then you might be able to play, but I wouldn't expect a framerate that would be very enjoyable to play with. Especially on a laptop.

Look up the specifics on the capabilities of your card and see if it supports the T&L, otherwise I'd say you're sunk. From what I've seen from videos downloaded here and there off the net, the graphics in this game are going to be a considerable step up from those of BF:Nam, which was really just an upgraded BF:1942 engine.

Final word: on the fence pending futher investigation.

Originally posted by Triforcer

P.S. I can play Battlefield Vietnam on lowest settings on 32 person servers with virtually no lag. That's a helpful sign, at least, as the requirements are 64 mb there also...

I have BF:V and it runs fine with me.

And for the record, thats on Integrated AGP graphics.

So I'll be buying BattleFront, confident I can play online just as well as BF:V and Jedi Academy.

I can't get a PC...I am a poor law student who has to make do with his laptop.

And to the guy who said get a better card...with the except of the new Dell XPS, no laptop to date has upgradable graphics ability. It may be coming with some new alienware tech, but it certainly isn't here for IBMS.

Originally posted by Triforcer

And to the guy who said get a better card...with the except of the new Dell XPS, no laptop to date has upgradable graphics ability. It may be coming with some new alienware tech, but it certainly isn't here for IBMS.

My Area-51m's graphic card can be upgraded ;)

Of course I won't need to do that for a long while.

Hopefully your card is also compatible with DirectX 9.0c

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

My Area-51m's graphic card can be upgraded ;)

Of course I won't need to do that for a long while.

Hopefully your card is also compatible with DirectX 9.0c

If it isn't, can I update the drivers and make it work? I'm honestly not sure if it is or not.

In reply to #1

I think you will be able to run it ok on your PC. Your situation is not unlike mine in that my PC is good for the most part but lacks in one area. I've just decided to forget about the PC and buy it on the x-box though since I don't feel like spending tons of money to upgrade my PC.

The min requirements for a game are never the true min requirements. My freind's POS Acer laptop with a bad video card is able to run some games that is shouldn't possibly be able to. As long as the setttings are low, games run fine.

may I ask why PC players are so eager to make people play this on PC?? no offense, just wondering why people keep telling me to upgrade my PC when I clearly want Xbox

Because games look and play better on PCs. They're easier to mod and patch. And FPSs suck on consoles. Period. No, be quiet, you don't know what you'e talking about. The FPS genre just doesn't work with a gamepad. Keyboard and mouse is at least a hundred gazillion times better in every concievable way, and if you disagree then you are an idiot with no intelligence or sense of perception, who is so terribly stupid that your existence is an insult to humanity and I decree, as a superior person, that you must immediately quarintine yourself from society so that your corrupt, malfunctioning genes won't recycle into the human gene pool.

[Edit: Hopefully that was sarcasm. - Moderator]

Hello, Im new here and i have a quick question to ask of someone that could please help me out. I have all the reccomended system requirements besides my graphics card its a geforce MX 420 with only 68MBs. and I was just wondering if this would slow down gameplay or would it just make it look less fancy? Because I care more on performace then the smoothness of the graphics. Also what mode would you think I should put the graphics on? Low, Meduim?

Thanks in advance! :)

JoelH1212

Originally posted by JoelH1212

Hello, Im new here and i have a quick question to ask of someone that could please help me out. I have all the reccomended system requirements besides my graphics card its a geforce MX 420 with only 68MBs. and I was just wondering if this would slow down gameplay or would it just make it look less fancy? Because I care more on performace then the smoothness of the graphics. Also what mode would you think I should put the graphics on? Low, Meduim?

Thanks in advance! :)

JoelH1212

Welcome!

I think you will make it on low settings.

Archived