Home

Star Wars Trivia

Furball

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coruscant was originally known as Alderaan, then at a later time it was called Granicus.

Posted: Prime

Q: Name three cast members that also appear as extras.

I think this is what you are looking for:

Tony Daniels played major role of C-3PO, and as an extra in the Outlander club on Coruscant in AOTC

Ahmed Best played major role of Jar Jar Binks (D@mn his soul to eternal suffering!!!!!!) and as an extra in the Outlander club on Coruscant in AOTC.

As for the last one, a name that comes to mind it Warwick Davis, who played major role of Wickett the Ewok, and appeared as extras in TPM (as a rodian child), and as one of Watto's gambling buddies at the Boonta Eve pod race. I think he appeared in AOTC, but for the life of me I can't remember if he did.

If this is not what you were looking for, then forgive my useless trivia knowledge that I spilled out.

O.k. here are some heavy hitting questions:

What characters appear in every Star Wars movie?

What was Luke's nickname that his so-called friends back home called him?

The name for Yoda's species is unknown. However there is one other Jedi master of his same species. What is this Jedi's name?

What actor from a #1 sitcom in the 80's and 90's acted in a Star Wars movie? What was this Star Wars character's name? What was the sitcom's name?

What famous piece of literature did the Whills write?

What is the name of the band that is playing in Wuher's cantina when Luke and Obi Wan enter in ANH? What is the actual name of the song they are playing? (Hint: It is not "Cantina band #1" as listed on the soundtrack.)

What is the name of the song played by Max Rebo's band in Jabba's palace in the NON-Special Edition version of RTOJ?

What is the model number of the Snowspeeders used on planet Hoth, and what company makes them?

Why am I so @#$% good at Star Wars Trivia?

Originally posted by jedispy

Granicus.

yes, that was what i was going for

i'll have a go at a few of these...

What characters appear in every Star Wars movie?

r2d2 & c3p0, obi-wan (in some form) and Anakin (if you count vader as well)

What was Luke's nickname that his so-called friends back home called him?

wormie

The name for Yoda's species is unknown. However there is one other Jedi master of his same species. What is this Jedi's name?

yaddle

Well done.

I will answer my own questions because it's fun:

What actor from a #1 sitcom in the 80's and 90's acted in a Star Wars movie? What was this Star Wars character's name? What was the sitcom's name?

John Ratzengerber, a.k.a. Cliff from Cheers. He played the part of Major Bren Derlin in Empire Strikes back. He only had 1 or 2 lines in the movie "O.k. everybody to your stations! Let's go!"

What famous piece of literature did the Whills write?

the Journal of the Whills, referred to in the original Star Wars novel, and in one of GL's original screenplays for SW.

What is the name of the song played by Max Rebo's band in Jabba's palace in the NON-Special Edition version of RTOJ?

Lapti Nek.

What is the model number of the Snowspeeders used on planet Hoth, and what company makes them?

Incom T-47

Posted: Jedijohn

all correct except he plays the Red Ball Jett keyboard

The red ball jett ..... what was that last word?? j/k

I knew the type of keyboard had a funky name, but I was deficient in knowing the type. At least partial credit.

Posted: Doomgiver

Q: what was Yoda's original skin color before it changed to green?

See if you can figure that out.

Well let's see. I remember seeing early draft illustrations of the Jedi master. I seem to remember the skin color was distintively grayish/blueish, rather than green. He also wore a little leather hat. He looked a lot like Gollum from LOTR.

-*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-

Q. What are the approximate odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field?

Q. What are the names of the two stars that Tatooine orbits?

Q. All force powers (both light and dark) are summed up into three main categories. What are the three main categories?

A TIE Fighter? A green Laser Bolt? :p

His ship blew up. :D

Also, the name of the suns in the Tatoo system is Tatoo 1 and Tatoo 2.

Successfully navigating thru an astroid field is 3720:1

The 3 basic techniques are: Control, Sense, and Alter.

----------

Q: What is the lenght of the Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer?

A TIE Fighter? A green Laser Bolt?

HA HA!! Trick question. It was no TIE that killled him.

It was a malfunction in fire control. His ship blew itself up.

But yes, correct on the other stuff.

Q: What is the lenght of the Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer?

Hrm....I seem to remember it being over 8 km in length. That's one big @$$ ship. I find it odd that one kamakaze A-Wing could take the whole thing down. I guess they had no shields left on the bridge, and the A-wing hit it on the sweet spot.

The only other super-class star destroyer that I can think of that we've actually seen is the Vengeance, captained by Jerec in Jedi Knight.

vengeance%2001.jpg

vengeance%2002.jpg

Even then, it's a little different than Executor. It has some odd looking wings on it's port and starboard sides.

Q. According to C-3PO, the binary language of moisture vaporators is similar to what?

A good size comparison, but the problem is that it is not a canonical source. It's not even secondary canon.

Taken from http://www.wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/OtherGenres.html

Vader's flagship, note that I subscribe to the larger size, not the 8 km length made popular by the earlier novels and the old RPG.

This guy, whoever he is, just thinks that it should be over 17km in length. That's nice, but let's go to the source:

Taken from http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/superstardestroyer/?id=bts

The size of a Super Star Destroyer has vacillated in numerous publications, starting with an eight-kilometer length in 1984's A Guide to the Star Wars Universe. The latest measurements peg the craft at about 12,800 meters.

So in conclusion, we're all wrong.

<Mind Trick>

I originally said over 12 km.....I never said 8 km

</Mind Trick>

I remember a really good site on the subject of the SSD's size. It had it figured out from the size of the Executor in RotJ. I couldn't find it, however, so I used another one. Supposedly the SSD in XvT is the correct size (or close to it). Apparently the SW rpg and an early reference book had the wrong size (I think I remember it being much, much smaller than the actual length), so that's why there's so much confusion over it. :)

Well, according to StarWars.com it is 12.8 km long.

According to the films, it is around 17.6 km long. :)

Either lenght you use I'll accept, but for the love of God, don't keep the 8 km falacy alive. :D

The Vengeance, also known as the Vengeance-Class Super Star Destroyer is not an Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer, much less than a Victory Class Star Destroyer is the same as an Imperator-Class Star Destroyer. The fact they resemble eachother has nothing to do with it's classification, because they are very distinct, and at the same time they are both super star destroyers, obviously. :p

Another Super Star Destroyer is the Eclipse-Class.

West End Games is the one that came up with alot ofthe incorrect terms and lenghts, which are stil being recited to this date unfortunatly.

StarWars.Com has made some improvements to this looking at the lenght increasement of the Executor for instance. It's still a few kilometers too short if you go by the movies.

This is the site you were most likely thinking of, Samuel:

Star Wars Technical Commentaries

Executor-Class

Anyway, we're veering off-topic, this is a trivia, not a learning center. :D

What was the last question?

Oh yeah, according to C-3PO, the binary language of moisture vaporators is similar to what?

Archived