Home

Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)

RedHawke

Once I downloaded the version with an installer, it worked fine. Guess I had messed up! I really, really like it, except that all the mandalorians seem to drop the exact same reamains (which in my opinion results in having waaaaaay too many credits. And really powerful swords). I hate to nitpick, because everything else about it was awesome, and it would take me decades to learn how to do a mod like this, but it just bugged me a little bit.

Oh, and is there any way to get Achilles to talk to you?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I thought it might have been confusing. What I meant is that shouldn't the planet still be available after the Leviathan, because all of the other planets are, except for Dantooine. With the last part I was thinking some people might see it as a problem of it becoming unavailable later in the game because they needed to get more level ups or something in order to be able to survive of those fights, but that problem should never arise for me because I created those over powered items I refered to in the first post. That part was pretty much me rambling on so just ignore it if I lost you.

To darkkender: What I meant by the max it can go is a bonus from items. I believe you can make your stats pretty much what ever you want, like us the save game editor and put them all up at 80, but for bonuses to your stats from items, the most it can increase is by 20. Example: I started a game, edited my stats so they were all at 80 just for fun, and then when i equipped all of the items I made, all of my stats were at 100.

I hope that makes more sense than my first post. Oh, and thanks RedHawke for answeringmmy question about more star maps.

Originally posted by Dr. Jekyll

Once I downloaded the version with an installer, it worked fine. Guess I had messed up!

I'm glad it worked for you. :D

I really, really like it, except that all the mandalorians seem to drop the exact same reamains (which in my opinion results in having waaaaaay too many credits. And really powerful swords). I hate to nitpick, but it just bugged me a little bit.

I'm an old-school PnP RPG player, and when you fight an enemy your reward should be what they are carrying, and actually using on you, KOTOR actually irritated me on this point more than anything, many NPC's don't have the equipment they are supposed to have when they are defeated.

You earned what those defeated NPC's had on them, because you faced them in combat, something KOTOR itself does not do too much of.

I hope this addresses your concern. ;)

because everything else about it was awesome, and it would take me decades to learn how to do a mod like this

Thanks Dr. Jekyll. :D

Though it wouldn't actually take you decades to learn to do a mod like this, probably a few months at most. :D

Oh, and is there any way to get Achilles to talk to you?

Well I had to give him a voice so he only says the one spoken line, though I might be adding content to ORD Mandell in the near future, so that might change. :D

--------------------------------------------------

Capt_Nemo: When the planet becomes unavailable is really up to the Bioware script, I put it in "The Creamy Middle" (No Joke!) and 'lucky for me' it works as it does, I really have no idea how to go about making it available still after the Leviathan, as the script becomes... well... more complicated, after that part.

:D

I believe you when you say it is called the Creamy Middle. In a bunch of the Bioware scripts I have looked through, they have odd comments. One of them says something along the lines of "This is a hacked together piece of crap. Do not use unless nessecary" or something like that, and another one said that they noticed a problem when it was too late to try and change, but said that you would get over it. I wonder if Kotor 2 will have such humor in it.

• 3 months later...

Ive downloaded it and installed it, but got the fright of my life when i realized that i couldnt choose where to install...

thing is, i have a couple of "modded mods" in my override folder... and if one of them is overwritten by the installer id be mightily p*ssed off...

what i usually do with mods using installers is install it to "my documents" and just copy/paste the files... that way i can check that nothing is overwritten... me is not happy now...

please... next time you do something with an installer... give us an option to choose where to install...

Originally posted by Oddball_E8

Ive downloaded it and installed it, but got the fright of my life when i realized that i couldnt choose where to install...

thing is, i have a couple of "modded mods" in my override folder... and if one of them is overwritten by the installer id be mightily p*ssed off...

what i usually do with mods using installers is install it to "my documents" and just copy/paste the files... that way i can check that nothing is overwritten... me is not happy now...

please... next time you do something with an installer... give us an option to choose where to install...

why not just move your override folder to My Documets and make a New folder called Override and install this mod .. than do the compare thing???

btw this is well worth the installation

The installer puts the files where they need to go without asking for anything from the user because people consistantly have had problems installing this kind of mod on their own, and if it did what you requested it would completely defeat the purpose of the installer.

The only file in your override which could be used in other new area/recruit mods is the global.jrl file, but then all you would just need to do is use the newest compatable one, from a mod you already had downloaded, I know all of Xavier2's are likely compatable.

Sorry... can't do that... as I didn't make the installer Fred Tetra did, and he saved me a ton of headaches too, I personally don't know anything from installers. Also as I said above that would defeat the purpose of the installer.

:D

Originally posted by RedHawke

The only file in your override which could be used in other new area/recruit mods is the global.jrl file, but then all you would just need to do is use the newest compatable one, from a mod you already had downloaded, I know all of Xavier2's are likely compatable.

thank you for the info... maby you could include what files are in the mod in future readmes?

im very happy nothing got overwritten (well... cept global.jrl since i also installed your tatooine mod).

very nice mod by the way... didnt dare try to go everywhere since my current character is only level 11, but ill explore soon enough...

oh and as for defeating the purpose of the mod... not everyone uses the standard installation path you know...

thank you for the info... maby you could include what files are in the mod in future readmes?

Nope, can't do that because there will be no further future readmes for this mod. :p

Also personally, I don't really see a point in listing a mods contained files... that is kind of silly to me. Some KOTOR mods simply cannot do this anyway... waaay too many files. ;)

oh and as for defeating the purpose of the mod... not everyone uses the standard installation path you know...

Yes it would defeat the purpose...

Fred Tetra Made the installer so it auto detects where you installed KOTOR to, very cool I might add. The very purpose of the installer is to put the right files in their correct places without asking for anything from the user, to do otherwise clearly defeats the purpose of the installer, if you could tell it to install files in other places then here would come all the n00b PM's about my mod not working because it didn't install correctly...

As the mod maker I say nay to that option! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I had a question. I notice that there is a kmm file with this mod, and I use that particular handy tool. My question is will kmm put the proper files into the override folder. I've been out of the loop in this game for awhile, and if my memory serves me right, kmm wouldn't put files into the override folder.

Just curious!

Jeez, I'm a idiot :D . Not because I don't know what KMM does, but because in my previous post I meant the modules folder, not override. I know it puts the files into the override, and just typed in the wrong thing. I'm a idiot....

But my (corrected) question is will the latest version of KMM put the information into the modules folder? From what I remember, previous versions of it won't do that.

Originally posted by cchargin

Hello,

KMM has always been able to put files anywhere under the main kotor (and now kotor 2) directory.

By design it can not copy or delete files above the main kotor directory, but anything under is fine.

Check out one of my replies to the Exar Kun thread found here

where Darth333 corrects me for being wrong in my assumption that KMM would put files into the Modules folder. I have tried some adding/removing and checking to see if files were transferred by KMM for this mod, and they are (including the Module folder files). However, for the Exar Kun mod, they were not transferred. I'm guessing it's because of my version of the KMM file for the EKun mod.

Hello,

If a mod file is not going in the right place it is due to one of the following:

1) the .kmm file that came with the mod puts the file in the wrong place. Please notify the mod creator.

2) the .kmm file has been damaged

3) a mod that did not have a .kmm file was added to KMM and the user did not redirect the particular file in the "add mod" screen.

If the file is still not going to the right place please look at the command prompt that opens up with KMM and look for an error, copy it, and send it to me.

Originally posted by sherlockemery

Check out one of my replies to the Exar Kun thread found here

where Darth333 corrects me for being wrong in my assumption that KMM would put files into the Modules folder. I have tried some adding/removing and checking to see if files were transferred by KMM for this mod, and they are (including the Module folder files). However, for the Exar Kun mod, they were not transferred. I'm guessing it's because of my version of the KMM file for the EKun mod.

KMM does not automatically decide which folder a certain file is supposed to go into. That has to be set by either the mods author or if you are creating the KMM for a mod by you. Many of the early mods either had this missed or forgotten in there creation. The easy way to fix this is choose delete mod in kmm then do an add mod option when it pops up the kmm details for the mod change the destination of the file and choose add & update KMM.

If a file does not belong in overide it has to be manually changed in the KMM management screen for the KMM when you create or update it.

Well, it you guys were right that KMM does do the leg work, as long as the KMM file tells it where to put stuff. I'm not usually happy about being wrong, but I'm quite happy to be wrong here, as it makes me a little smarter in how to mess around with this game!

Thanks for straightening me out!:D

Originally posted by sherlockemery

Well, it you guys were right that KMM does do the leg work, as long as the KMM file tells it where to put stuff. I'm not usually happy about being wrong, but I'm quite happy to be wrong here, as it makes me a little smarter in how to mess around with this game!

Thanks for straightening me out!:D

:p Hardly ever am I wrong, just my aproach.:D

But glad to be of service.

Has anyone ever encounterd this problem? I installed the ord mandel mod into overide and it asked me to overwrite the global.jrl file from the jawa shop mod. I was not sure what this was so i said no however the mod seemed to work fine except for that male republic soldiers were invisible now everytime i enter an area where a male republic soldier is in a cutscene the game crashes can anyone shed some lighht on this?

none that should interfere with this mod and none that have caused this to happen... I have currently active....

Easy swoop

the jedi training arena mod

holowanacademy

purchasing a droid mod

Exar Kuns tomb mod

the padawan mod that allows you to play a jedi from the start and the roleplaying mod that expands on that story

a force/hp regen mod

and a mod that allows you to wear armor and use force powers

I also had redhawkes jawa shop mod and the ord mandel mod on but i deactivated both of these after the problem started

so can you help me based on this? I posted another topic entitled ord mandel trouble that elaborates more on the problem if you need more information. if you can tell me what the problem is i would be greatful and if you could tell me how to fix it i would be extremely grateful

Originally posted by Bastion

none that should interfere with this mod and none that have caused this to happen... I have currently active....

Easy swoop

the jedi training arena mod

holowanacademy

purchasing a droid mod

Exar Kuns tomb mod

the padawan mod that allows you to play a jedi from the start and the roleplaying mod that expands on that story

a force/hp regen mod

and a mod that allows you to wear armor and use force powers

Any of these mods use an edited appearance.2da file... check your override for one. If one of these mods has an appearance.2da, I would take a long look at this mod... the problem you are having sounds appearance.2da related to me, having an invisible NPC (Male Republic Soldier) screwing with your cutscenes.

Also none of my new area mods files are accessable outside of their modules, meaning the game only reads those files when you are actually in the new area. So, logically, they can't be causing this problem... note, I said "logically" ;)

Or check your override for any .utc files, look for ones that have n_republicsoldier or the like in their names. I have seen .utc files that have been used that broke cutscenes later on in the game.

Only my Jawa shop uses a .utc file, for the Jawa at the door, and it is uniquely named and tagged to avoid any cutscene problems.

Originally posted by Bastion

I also had redhawkes jawa shop mod and the ord mandel mod on but i deactivated both of these after the problem started

so can you help me based on this? I posted another topic entitled ord mandel trouble that elaborates more on the problem if you need more information. if you can tell me what the problem is i would be greatful and if you could tell me how to fix it i would be extremely grateful

Read my post in that thread...

• 5 months later...

Hello redhawke,

First let me introduce my self, my names Quickshot14 i'm an avid gamer/modder. I 'finnlay' got my hands on kotor and played/finshed it and now i'm taking the next step and modding it. I'm still learning but I do have some experince with nwn modding. Granted without the toolset it's a bit harder/diffrent but it has helped geting me to get more 'comfertiable' with kotor modding.

Now on to my question, first i love your ord mandell mod. Great mod and i'm using it as a steping stone for my first mod. To give you a basic idea of what i'm doing i'm enhancing/adding to what you already have. Of course when I release the mod I will give you full credit. But i'm running into somewhat of a problem or at least a hinderence. I know I saw mentioned in a few other posts (making merchants) that ord mandell is suppsoed to include the source scripts (for the modules and the overrides I assume) problem is I have checked all the .mod files and everything installed in your latest version and found nothing. I've double check your site and the modfiles you link to and still nothing.

I'm asking if i'm missing something or a place they may be or if in your last/latest build you forgot to include them or if they can be gotten from someplace else or what? *heh* having those source will not only help me learn of course but will also make any modfications/changes a make easier since I won't have to rebuild some of the script files. (witch i have already done in one case so far) Unfrounrtly I can't read byte code as many can't and don't really want to take the time too. So any help in this would be appricated.

As for the mod i'm working on i'll gladly givey you more info about it and hopefully have a real post up sometime soon. Thanks again for the great mod and I enjoy you do great work. I look forward to modding yet another great game and making more contributions :) Thanks.

I believe you when you say it is called the Creamy Middle. In a bunch of the Bioware scripts I have looked through, they have odd comments. One of them says something along the lines of "This is a hacked together piece of crap. Do not use unless nessecary" or something like that, and another one said that they noticed a problem when it was too late to try and change, but said that you would get over it. I wonder if Kotor 2 will have such humor in it.

I believe that was the following:

// 771. YavinHackCloseDoor

// This is an incredibly hacky function to allow the doors to be properly

// closed on Yavin without running into the problems we've had. It is too

// late in development to fix it correctly, so thus we do this. Life is

// hard. You'll get over it.

void YavinHackCloseDoor( object oidDoor );

K2 doesn't seem to have it though, it's mostly things from BioWare, plus 'DJS-OEI' comments.

Archived