Home

Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)

RedHawke

[insert Evil Laugh Here]

Hello all,

Well... I was playing around with TK102's old idea/discovery that travelling to other worlds is possible (Thanks to StormTrooper789 here is the threads link). Anyway I had planned some new areas then it dawned on me, I should make this a new planet... so I did! :D

Here it is the planet ORD Mandell, ready for your exploration.

This mod adds 5 new areas on their own planet, and two new quests, plus some other interesting tidbits, for your enjoyment.

Version 1.0 Released 09-30-2004

Update Version 1.2 Released 07-16-2006 Get It Here. :ben:

Older Version 1.1 Now with an easy to use Windows Installer EXE... Thanks to Fred Tetra! Still available here.

EDIT 08-11-2005: Alternative download (v1.2) courtesy of ChAiNz.2da... here! :D

Version 1.1 FIXES: Hopefully it fixed the locked door problem some have expirienced.

Originally posted by T7nowhere

I thought I would add that for anyone that has saved after going to ORD But could not open the hangerbay door just extract the m33aa.git file from module liv_m99ae and drop it in override, open the door then save the game and remove the m33aa.git from override and you'll be on your way.

Version 1.2: Thanks and Kudos to Kaspian, added functionality to use the Rapid Transit Function on ORD Mandell. I thought this was lost but I found it on an old backup CD.

From The Readme

--------------------------------------------------

This Mod Does:

-----------------------------

This mod adds a new visitable planet to KOTOR, ORD Mandell, a republic resupply colony. It has a landing area, and apartment block, an outside area, some Storage caverns, and a suprise area, search the caverns for it. :)

ORD Mandell has two merchants available, Sval Raan an Aratech Merchant and representative, he has the usual fare, Medical, Repair, sundries, nothing really extravagent. The second merchant is Baracus the bartender in the Cantina, because of the Juhani Side-Quest Bug not letting you get the Mika Dorin premium merchant offer, Baracus sells the Mika Dorin stuff as well, so now you can let Juhani slice up her tormentor, and still be able to buy good stuff.

There are two quests available on ORD Mandell, one is from Warren the Quarren, he is a Pazaak player in trouble, and the other is from the Republic Base commander Major Brell Stygian, talk to them and see, feel free to explore first if you want.

Warning: Recommended Character level for planet is 14+, You will be in for some potentially tough, but really good fights. You have been warned! ;^)

New Armor: (By Achilles)

------------------------------------------------

*Republic Battle Armor* By Achilles (Used And Included With His Permission)

This armors files have been modified by me some, to make the files compatable with my other mods, and reduce the texture size a bit.

You get the Armor as a major-part of the quest reward from Major Stygian.

Other Possible Bugs And Module Notes

-------------------------------------------------

There is no planet text on the galaxy map for the planet, this would require editing the dialogue.tlk file and if I included one not only would the download size go up by 1.8 megs or so but it would mess with the non-english versions of the game. You can use TK102's KOTORTlk program to edit your own dialogue.tlk if you want to, the planets name ORD Mandell goes into entry #42505, and the planets description should go into entry #42511, too big to give here. Anyway I wouldn't suggest it, I left it alone and without text myself. :D

The transit function does not seem to work in custom modules.

And I have no idea if the planet will become unavailable like the others do when you crash on the unknown world, I hope it does, but I have no idea if it really will, either way I would suggest once going to the unknown world, if the planet is still available, to avoid going to it, as I don't know what the effects on your savegame would be. If the planet is still available when you leave the unknown world, and you go to it, instead of the Star Forge like you are supposed to... you could mess up your save game so you do this at your own risk!!!

With all that out of the way...

Enjoy! :D

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you are enjoying it people! :D

Originally posted by Colja

Love the mod! but I have a question, how do I enter the republic enclave or whatever? I get off the ship and talk to the twi'lek, but when I try to open the door it says its locked and I can't seem to enter......HELP!

Originally posted by elijah_76

I am also experiencing the same problem as Colja. Is there some trigger that I need to activate?

That's wierd guys, the entry door's properties has no lock!!! :eyeraise: I made it into a standard openable door, it has never been locked for me. :confused:

Did you warp there or travel normally?

The only thing that door has on it is a script to set 2 unused Taris global numbers to 1, nothing that would stop it from opening, check your override directories for a conflicting mod, or a m33aa.git file it could be overriding the one in the mod. Other than that I really don't know what to tell you. :confused:

Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I just looked again and the door file k33a_dor_port.utd that is packed in the .mod doesn't have the locked property active. I'm going to have to lean toward the problem being a conflicing mod of some sort, or a m33aa.git file in your override directories.

Originally posted by Drog

Redhawke .. whats up with the underground gang

cant fight them !"!:confused: !""#"¤"%¤!!!:confused: ?!!!!!?

:mad::swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :explode::violin: :'(

You have to initiate a conversation with the Mandalorian (Jax). If you tried that and are still having problems, then perhaps some specifics will help us to understand exactly what's not working for you.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Drog

Redhawke .. whats up with the underground gang

cant fight them !"!:confused: !""#"¤"%¤!!!:confused: ?!!!!!?

:mad::swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :explode::violin: :'(

You mean Captain Jax and his crew?

You can't do anything with them until you agree to help Warren the Quarren, then go talk to Jax and he won't like you very much.

The same goes for the plastic crates blocking your way in the caverns, those won't go away until you agree to help the Major, and then once you are in the caverns talk to the Leutenant, about getting past the road blocks.

I wish there was a way to have that apartment door not open up until you have agreed to help Warren, but I couldn't find a place for conditional scripts for opening doors... Oh well. :D

Originally posted by Achilles

Just played through and was very impressed by how difficult it must have been to put all of that together. I really liked how you incorporated the various modules...it worked very well.

Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks Achilles, yes it was a real struggle to find the right areas that would kinda-sorta look right when grouped together.

Colja, elijah_76 you still having door trouble?

If so, and it isn't too much trouble, I would like a list of the mods you have installed and I can try to see which one would possibly be the culprit, as this is the only possibility I could see the problem being, as it seems only a small amount of people are having trouble with the first door.

:eek::cool: ok paint me impressed I haven't run through it yet but soon will. The only thing I can think of is hey where are the swoop races we need another swoop race in the game. That and another dueling arena like on taris(exception of the dantooine dueling ring). It would be above and beyond the call of modding if either or both of these things found there way into an update for this mod eventually. :D

Archived