Home

Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)

RedHawke

Hey RedHawke i was just wondering if you can make i new looking person on kotor you know because im kind of getting sick of the normal faces that came with the game and i was just wondering if you can make like any new kind of face it would be kind of cool if you made a alian face that would be cool. OH and thanks for telling me what to do to get in the STRONGBOX.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded and installed this mod a while ago, but I haven't yet visited it - I decided I'd wait 'til I was done on Coriban (which was the last Star Map location for me). Now, when I want to leave for Ord Mandell I can't choose it on the planet map. The icon for it is there but if I click it, nothing happens, just like if I click Dantooine (which at this point in the game isn't accessible).

I tried loading an earlier savegame and I can select it in that, so it seems the planet becomes inaccessible when the Star Forge system is revealed. Any easy way to fix this?

I have almost all your other mods installed, as well as a couple of reskins but nothing that (I think) should conflict with the Ord Mandell mod. Then again, what do I know? ;)

Great mod!!!

It would be cool (like darkkender posted) if you could have a Taris-Style Battle Area but with jedi, sith, mandalorians, and other stuff like rancors that you could battle. Giving you like some of your mods every time you beat someone. Making people actually work for your great mods, Other modder people could use this too. It change modding like forever!!! But it might not work in some cases.

Originally posted by Ferrek

I downloaded and installed this mod a while ago, but I haven't yet visited it - I decided I'd wait 'til I was done on Coriban (which was the last Star Map location for me). Now, when I want to leave for Ord Mandell I can't choose it on the planet map. The icon for it is there but if I click it, nothing happens, just like if I click Dantooine (which at this point in the game isn't accessible).

Well Ferrek a big Thank You for confirming what I had hoped would work, but I was waiting until someone confirmed it... yes the planet was supposed to become un-visitable after the Unknown World became available, I put ORD Mandell into what Bioware called "The Creamy Middle" (No Joking!) in the starmap script, so that is supposed to happen, I guess you will have to play it from an earlier savegame.

Originally posted by Ferrek

I tried loading an earlier savegame and I can select it in that, so it seems the planet becomes inaccessible when the Star Forge system is revealed. Any easy way to fix this?

Unfortunately no, this is how it is supposed to be, so as not to mess with the ending of the game. The only way would to be to visit it before getting the last star map.

Sorry about that, but that is what I hoped would happen, so the games end would not be messed with, you can read about that in my first post in this thread. It has been a worry since I released the mod, you are the first to confirm it becomes unavailable after the 5th Star Map.

Originally posted by monkey joe

It would be cool (like darkkender posted) if you could have a Taris-Style Battle Area but with jedi, sith, mandalorians, and other stuff like rancors that you could battle. Giving you like some of your mods every time you beat someone. Making people actually work for your great mods, Other modder people could use this too. It change modding like forever!!!

Unfortunately Arena-like areas don't really intrest me, they just aren't my thing... and there are a couple allready in existance, Maverick187 has a pretty good one allready in game that you can do on Dantooine it is called The Jedi Training Module.

I hope this helps! :D

Ah, ok. I thought the intention was to have it inaccessible when you leave the Unknown World, not before. You can travel to any planet (except Dantooine) once you've found all the four starmaps, which is why I assumed the same was intended to be the case for the Ord Mandell planet.

RedHawke,

I finally started a new game and had a chance to test out the new planet, but I visited and unfortunately I had the locked door problem, and yes I did have the latest version installed, I'm going to try deleting all the files and reinstalling the mod I'll get back to you.

Update:

I completely deleted all of the files that are in this mod, used the installer to completely un-install the mod, and then I re-installed the mod, but the door is still locked for me. And once again I am using the 1.01 version. Help???

Originally posted by RedHawke

Unfortunately Arena-like areas don't really intrest me, they just aren't my thing... and there are a couple allready in existance, Maverick187 has a pretty good one allready in game that you can do on Dantooine it is called The Jedi Training Module.

Man! My computer wont load pcgamemods.com oh well.:( :( :(

RedHawke you've done a great job with this mod. :) I had to laugh when i saw the name of the Rancor!! Infact all your mods a very cool. I had to smile when I saw which female PC head you'd used for your RedHawke NPC mode as that's the one I usually use for my PC (minous the red hair and the spooky green eyes) :D Keep up the good work!! Now if I could just fingure out why your Tatooine Jawa store isn't showing up.......

adding to the arena thing: What's the max amount of enemies you can fight in one area?

Could it be like the matrix when you have to fight like 100 guys.:p :p :p

Comment by Darth333: since this is getting pretty much off topic, and in order not to clutter Redhawkes thread, this post has been answered in the mod requests sticky: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1666551#post1666551

For mod requests, please use the mod requests sticky or if you want to ask someone specifically, then use the PM system or your posts could be erased/moved.

Originally posted by maverick187

RedHawke,

Update:

I completely deleted all of the files that are in this mod, used the installer to completely un-install the mod, and then I re-installed the mod, but the door is still locked for me. And once again I am using the 1.01 version. Help???

Well you must have loaded the area in your game first with the old version, so simply installing the new version over it won't fix the problem, as the locked door is now in your savegame.

You should try what T7 suggested for a fix to savegames with the locked door problem. (I quoted what T7 said as a solution in the first post of this thread.)

adding to the arena thing: What's the max amount of enemies you can fight in one area?

Could it be like the matrix when you have to fight like 100 guys.:p :p :p

I already said monkey joe above that arena mods don't intrest me (Read that as I don't really like them at all, or use them!), so how would I know? :confused:

Thanks for diverting this one Darth333! :D

Hey Redhawke,

Most excellent work on this mod. I had a lot of fun with it, especially after finding those cool Dark One robes! Another wonderful surprise was the stack of Baragwin Heavy Repeaters all upgraded, as well as the stack of Baragwin Assault Blades. Needless to say, after finishing your little mod, I was QUITE well equipped for the 'endgame'.

That merchant selling the goods Mika would sell if Juhani's sidequest didn't ruin it made my night, no more giving up Mika to get Juhani.

Great work. Fantastic! I'll note here I also am a fan of your Jedi Robes, Kotor did so well in other areas, but I was always a bit disappointed with the bland lifeless robes we Jedi got. You've definitely fixed that little issue. (Mmm, Bastilla looks so good in those golden robes!).

I'll certainly be watching for more from you! Keep at it!

Idaho

Hey Redhawke, I downloaded the mod, but when I go to the planet, I can't leave the Ebon Hawk! When I try to walk off the ship, it brings up the party selection screen, but after that the screen just goes black, with no loading screen or anything. All that's left is the mouse pointer. When I hit escape, it brings up all the pause screens, and the map shows me and the other members of my party at the exit of the Ebon Hawk! No matter how much I try to move around to trigger the exit, that's always where it shows us. Please help!

i was wondering just because i've gone through this game so many times. How far do u have to go in the game to reach the planet.

Are there any warp codes

Hey Monkey Joe, I'm currently running a new game and my party just left Dantooine and it's (OrdMandell) is available...BUT considering the difficulty of RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod (the tunnels) I'd advise against warping un-prepared ;) (What are you feeding those Transdoshans RedHawke...youch!...)

I can only imagine what OrdMandell is going to be like... :eek:

If I remember correctly around 14th level you'd be able to at least let out a whimper before being pommeled heh of course I'm playing highest difficulty WITH a hardcore mod on top of it...

Originally posted by Dr. Jekyll

Hey Redhawke, I downloaded the mod, but when I go to the planet, I can't leave the Ebon Hawke! When I try to walk off, it brings up the party selection screen, but after that the screen just goes black, with no loading screen or anything. All that's left is the mouse pointer. Whe I hit escape, it brings up all the pause screens, and the map shows me and the other members of my party at the exit of the Ebon Hawk! No matter how much I try to move around to trigger the exit, that's always where it shows us. Please help!

Did you use the installer exe that Fred Tetra made, or did you download the mod from pcgamemods and unzip it?

It sounds like you don't have the .mod files in your KOTOR modules folder, check your override for any .mod files and move them to your modules folder.

Originally posted by ChAiNz

I'm playing highest difficulty WITH a hardcore mod on top of it...

That is the only way to play KOTOR! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Did you use the installer exe that Fred Tetra made, or did you download the mod from pcgamemods and unzip it?

It sounds like you don't have the .mod files in your KOTOR modules folder, check your override for any .mod files and move them to your modules folder.

I have a problem my computer wont load pcgamemods.com

and it says almost all of the mods i download are "invalid or corrupted" its so frustrating!!!

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!:swear:

and it says almost all of the mods i download are "invalid or corrupted" its so frustrating!!!

Since this mod was named mod of the week it is also hosted at StarWarsKnights.com ;) click on the banner at the top of the page and follow the "mod of the week" link in the menu. I uploaded the latest version with the installer there.

Get adaware/spysweeper, because I believe your problems in the adaware/spyware.

to RH: just played it, amazing!

(comments from the peanut gallery: more planets!)

How about more planets that also include more star maps? I really like this mod, but I think it would be neat if someone made a new planet that you have to explore, adding more to the game that is needed for completion.

This part isn't from the peanut gallery: RedHawke, like some one else mentioned, shouldn't it be that the planet becomes unavailable after you go to the Unknown Planet, instead of when it becomes available? I mean, when a mod is this good is when you really want to strive for perfection, but if it can't be done, than oh well, the mod is still awesome. The planet becoming unavailable at that point also won't really be a concern for me anyway though because I don't have to wait to level up a lot before going there, because I am using an assortment of items I created that all have the word "Special" in front of it, and they are special because they are severely over powered (apparently, the max bonus that you can get from items for your attributes is 20, i.e.: if you have 16 dexterity, the highest it can get is to 36)

Originally posted by Capt_Nemo

How about more planets that also include more star maps? I really like this mod, but I think it would be neat if someone made a new planet that you have to explore, adding more to the game that is needed for completion.

More Star Maps aren't possible, due to the way the game is currently set up.

This part isn't from the peanut gallery: RedHawke, like some one else mentioned, shouldn't it be that the planet becomes unavailable after you go to the Unknown Planet, instead of when it becomes available?

Uh... it does become unavailable before you go to the unknown world, this was intended, actually Ferrek confirmed it becomes unavailable after the Leviathan. :confused:

I mean, when a mod is this good is when you really want to strive for perfection, but if it can't be done, than oh well, the mod is still awesome. The planet becoming unavailable at that point also won't really be a concern for me anyway though because I don't have to wait to level up a lot before going there, because I am using an assortment of items I created that all have the word "Special" in front of it, and they are special because they are severely over powered (apparently, the max bonus that you can get from items for your attributes is 20, i.e.: if you have 16 dexterity, the highest it can get is to 36)

You completely lost me here.

Archived