32 members have voted

1. 1. Worst death?

• Hopelessly drowning in sewage
    • Thirty-second decapitation with rusty cutlery
    • Being staked out in the desert after having your eyelids removed
    • A hot poker up the yinyang
    • Other (Please Specify)

Originally posted by InsaneSith

well that was completely random and far from ANY topic discussed in here...

anyway, I changed my answer, worse death is in hear listening to TiE and some other people :¬: long, agonizingm drawn out death. In otherwords, life as we know it.

YAY! I'm random and annoying! :emodanc:

TiE

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Spider AL

It reminds me of what a furry I once bashed told me: That the furry fandom was originally non-sexual in nature, and merely an appreciation of "kawaii" anthropomorphised disney-eque characters. Very sad then, that the pervs got in and made the word "furry" synonymous with "overtly sexualized cartoon characters".

actually furrys are just animals given humanoid shape. Furry HENTAI is where they make it sexual. Mickey Mouse is furry. Mickey Mouse giving it to Minnie Mouse is furry hentai. [/lecture]

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

that doesn't count! It doesn't kill you (on the outside anyway), it is far worse than any death!

actually it does, seeing as my body is always deteriorating I eventually die, thus life itself is the slowest form of death, but anyway.

TiE and a few others talking eats away at my brain cells and eventually I lose all brain activity and cease to function.

Originally posted by TiE 23

YAY! I'm random and annoying! :emodanc:

TiE

not to mention delirious and in serious need of a wiffle bat to the face

Spider AL:

Just to clear some stuff up, I'll go quote Kain - He described it better than anything I've heard so far;

The Gothic style takes the very things that seem miserable, and depressing, and finds a sense of beauty in them. The ideal finds a fascination with the macabre and has an affinity with all things dark. What may seem like a preoccupation with death, is actually a celebration of life. It isn't about suicide or murder, but it is a realization that an appreciation of death gives an appreciation of life.

Oh, and before you start: Marilyn Manson is not a goth, in any way, shape or form.

It's tru that the would-be goths nowadays give a bad image of those who still follow the lifestyle as it started out - but does that mean that the lifestyle changes? No way. It means that some people are dumb enough to misinterpret things, and assume it to be goth.. I hate those people.

I'm genuinely shocked that only one person has voted for the hot poker in the bottom option so far. It's reputed to be a peerlessly painful death, and slow, possibly spanning several days. I should have voted for it myself, upon reflection.

Jdome83:

Being slowly totured by family members.
Sounds like regular family life to me. Doesn't necessarily lead to death though. :D

Feanaro:

It would be slow and painful death from cancer......completely alone.

Very nasty. Though, while horribly painful in its latter stages, I wonder whether such a poor unfortunate would live SO long without the medical intervention common in our society currently. Certainly, if TOTALLY alone, the person would be unable to feed or water themselves in the later stages, so might pass on relatively fast when compared to cancer patients in our hospitals that are- some might say misguidedly- maintained through hideous agony.

InsaneSith:

actually furrys are just animals given humanoid shape.
You're forgetting that the word "furry" is also a word that discribes a person who is into the furry fandom. And "furry" can also mean the whole furry movement; the movement that has been infected by pervishness. Thus, my original statement was correct in its context, and anyway, none of that detracts from the fact that when someone says the word "furry" one automatically associates it with the perversion.

GothiX:

The Gothic style takes the very things that seem miserable, and depressing, and finds a sense of beauty in them. The ideal finds a fascination with the macabre and has an affinity with all things dark. What may seem like a preoccupation with death, is actually a celebration of life. It isn't about suicide or murder, but it is a realization that an appreciation of death gives an appreciation of life.
I don't see how you think this aids YOUR point. That entire paragraph merely confirms that the gothic culture is based around the fetishistic preoccupation with "dark" things, and with "an appreciation of death", in your own words (or maybe Kain's.)

That just goes to prove MY point better than I wanted it to be proven, and shows that even those goths who consider themselves "non-trendy" and "oldskool" are still preoccupied with such things as: vampirism, mortality, death, etcetera.

Oh, and before you start: Marilyn Manson is not a goth, in any way, shape or form.
It's tru that the would-be goths nowadays give a bad image of those who still follow the lifestyle as it started out - but does that mean that the lifestyle changes?
I see. You get to decide who's a goth and who isn't? I thought your whole movement was supposed to be based around individual rights and individuality... I guess I was wrong. :confused:

At this point I'd like to request to the moderators that this quite interesting portion of the discussion concerning the goth movement be split off to another thread, so that it can be discussed properly without detracting from the on-topic debate over what the most unpleasant death possible is.

It's time you start reading.

Originally posted by GothiX:

What may seem like a preoccupation with death, is actually a celebration of life.

Originally posted by Spiderthingy:

That just goes to prove MY point better than I wanted it to be proven, and shows that even those goths who consider themselves "non-trendy" and "oldskool" are still preoccupied with such things as: vampirism, mortality, death, etcetera.

It's about time YOU started reading the things that you yourself post, GothiX:

but it is a realization that an appreciation of death gives an appreciation of life.

The ideal finds a fascination with the macabre and has an affinity with all things dark.

It doesn't really matter to my argument whether you find beauty in death, the macabre, and "all things dark" or not. It suffices that you have admitted that the gothic "ideal" is to be fascinated with them.

Nor is it relevant whether goths derive some life-affirming joy from their preoccupation with death and darkness or not, it is not relevant whether they celebrate life and light THROUGH their preoccupation with death and darkness... or not. It merely suffices that they ARE in fact, preoccupied with death and darkness. This is all I said, and you haven't gone any way towards disproving it, quite the opposite.

You have proven twice now that my original statements are true and correct, and not prejudicial. I state once again: goths on the whole, exhibit fetishistic behaviour concerning the concepts of death, darkness, mortality and vampirism. Let's face it, goths write songs; poetry; blogs; fanfics; whole websites; novels even... play games; watch movies... all on the subjects of death, darkness, mortality and vampirism, more so than the non-gothic remainder of the populace. This is NOT up for debate, it's a fact.

I should have thought that such a statement was truly innocuous and not derogatory, and that any red-blooded goth would be proud to admit that it was true... but perhaps you've all become so used to defending yourself from attackers that you become defensive reflexively, even against the simple truth.

Spider AL, I'm no longer going to bother with this argument. You repeatedly assume things without any reason, and your way of discussing makes me sick. You repeatedly misread things, yet fail to see so. By this, this discussion isn't going to end up anywhere, because you're simply not willing to actually look at it from any perspective but your own.

Spider AL, I'm no longer going to bother with this argument. You repeatedly assume things without any reason, and your way of discussing makes me sick. You repeatedly misread things, yet fail to see so. By this, this discussion isn't going to end up anywhere, because you're simply not willing to actually look at it from any perspective but your own.
Ad hominem. Obviously this personal attack is a poor substitute for logical argument. :rolleyes: Suffice it to say I have not made such an attack upon you, and so I hold the moral high ground which you have so joyously given up.

Those who are not Gothic cannot correctly define what it is.
I can define what it is to the REST of the world, since I am a member of the rest of the world. Do I have to be a stone to define a stone? :confused:

I can define what it is to the REST of the world, since I am a member of the rest of the world. Do I have to be a stone to define a stone?

You can't define what it is to the rest of the world. Because you do not represent the opinions of the rest of the world. A stone is not a person, so that is a bad comparison for you to use.

The worst death i ever read of was the Darwin Award winner from a few years back from England. he stood on the top of a cliff with a noose, a handgun and a vile of poison. he turns his head back to drink the poison before he jumps and blows his head off, slips, falls and shoots the rope , the noose breaks he falls like 100 or so fee tinto the water.... he later dies of Hypothermia..

Or better yet this one.

2 Drunken Rednecks were trying to get into a metallica concert for free. they pulled their pickup truck over to the fence they were going to hop , too bad the first one that jumped over the fence didnt notice it was a 35 foot drop. the guy falls through the limbs eventually having his pants ripped in 2 and gets caught on a limb 15 or so fee tup.. he grabs his pocket knife and saws and the ripped pants leg and falls the other 15 feet and breaks his leg with the knife lodging in the same leg and lands butt naked in a holly bush with one of those branches sticking up his ass. The other Redneck hears his cries of pain and decides to grab the wwench and pull him up so dood ties the wench around him... being drunk the driver decides that drive would work better than reverse so he plows through the fence drops the truck 35 feet onto dood killing him instantly... the driver was thrown from the wreckage and later died of severe brain trauma.

OR IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE WHAT WOULD BE THE WORST DEATH EVER CLICK THIS LINK..... READERS DISGRETION IS SERIOUSLY ADVISED!!!!!!

*yoink*

too many complaints about it ~ET

Jdome83:

You can't define what it is to the rest of the world. Because you do not represent the opinions of the rest of the world.
Lol, I think you'll find that most people who are not goths are EVEN LESS charitable that myself. I represent a fairly tolerant opinion of the rest of the world.

Most associate the "gothic movement" with depressing, darkly dressed teen angst. I know many goths, and so I am more open than them.

A stone is not a person, so that is a bad comparison for you to use.
Neither is goth "a person". It's a group, and like any group it can be characterised by its persona en-masse. Like a political party, or any other social movement. I've never said anything about individuals, merely the group. It's hardly prejudicial, therefore.

SeleneRayne:

I agree
... :¬: Your avatar... your sig... your name... these indicate to me that you are a fan of the vampiric mythos. If I were to say that, would it be an insult? No it wouldn't. Would it be derogatory in any way? No, it wouldn't.

Likewise to state the plain, simple fact that goths on the whole are unusually preoccupied with death, darkness, mortality and vampirism... this is not insulting. Nor is it disputable...

READERS DISGRETION IS SERIOUSLY ADVISED!!!!!!
Chuck's a god.

If you believe this then you never should have wasted your breath.
It's typing, not oratory.

Ugh, are you going to go off on one about how debating online is pointless now? About how it's a waste of time and I'm immature for bothering? Well we're all doing it mate. :rolleyes:

You know what I meant. In addition, yes debating online truly is pointless as a whole. Because you will really never convince anyone your opinions are correct. Which is why it is pointless as well for you to try to describe anyone's lifestyle when you don't live it yourself. This thread was interesting, but your trashing it now by continuing a off-topic debate.

yes debating online truly is pointless as a whole. Because you will really never convince anyone your opinions are correct.
Is that the only reason you debate? To convince others? Newsflash: Debating in the real world is no different.

One debates because one believes one's reasoning is correct. It is a test of one's own reasoning, and a test of the reasoning of others. That is all.

Which is why it is pointless as well for you to try to describe anyone's lifestyle when you don't live it yourself.
This is of course, tosh. I can describe anyone's lifestyle, probably with less emotional impediments to truth in the way of my reasoning than they would possess. It may not be how they see themselves, but it's how they are seen from an exterior viewpoint. Regardless, the fact that goth culture is fetishistic regarding death, darkness, mortality and vampirism is still beyond dispute, and I don't see you making any attempt to dispute it with any fact, reason or logic. QED, therefore.

This thread was interesting, but your trashing it now by continuing a off-topic debate.
Ahhh, and you're not? :rolleyes: Hypocrisy, anyone? Besides, I've already asked the moderators to split the thread. And I find this debate of interest.

Archived