Home

Kerry's concession

Kurgan

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by stingerhs

we are indeed completely out of sync. you see, according to the bible, God looks at a man's heart (or the spirit man), and not the flesh. whenever you flip the bird at someone, you are acting out of your flesh. i act out of my flesh everyday, and so does my pastor. why?? because we are human. we are fallible.

also don't forget that God doesn't judge every sin by its "severity". only men do that. with God, sin is sin, whether it be flipping the bird or murder. and also realize that God's grace is sufficient for everything. it does not mean that you won't take the results of your actions. it only means that God forgives you.

if my pastor did actually flip the bird, more than likely, it would severely discredit his integrity as a man after God. in my eyes, it would only prove that he is indeed a fallible man, just as we all are.

note: all of my views are founded firmly in the Bible. don't believe me, then check it for yourself.

to answer the thing on bush: grow up. so he flipped someone off. big deal. next thing ya know, y'all will be dissing him for saying that he hates liberals.

Your views are founded firmly in the Bible. My views are firmly rooted in logical thinking. This is politics; not governed by God or the Bible, but man. Not everyone believes in a being up in the sky watching the struggles of Kerry and the stupid mistakes of Bush.

Luckily I don't live in America, because if Bush won, I would move out of the country. It'll only be a while before Bush's mistakes balloons up to an unimaginable extent.

Originally posted by stingerhs

we are indeed completely out of sync. you see, according to the bible, God looks at a man's heart (or the spirit man), and not the flesh. whenever you flip the bird at someone, you are acting out of your flesh. i act out of my flesh everyday, and so does my pastor. why?? because we are human. we are fallible.

also don't forget that God doesn't judge every sin by its "severity". only men do that. with God, sin is sin, whether it be flipping the bird or murder. and also realize that God's grace is sufficient for everything. it does not mean that you won't take the results of your actions. it only means that God forgives you.

if my pastor did actually flip the bird, more than likely, it would severely discredit his integrity as a man after God. in my eyes, it would only prove that he is indeed a fallible man, just as we all are.

note: all of my views are founded firmly in the Bible. don't believe me, then check it for yourself.

to answer the thing on bush: grow up. so he flipped someone off. big deal. next thing ya know, y'all will be dissing him for saying that he hates libe

rals.

We are not talking about his religios stance! We are talking about his mental capability of running a country! If he plays around like that on the JOB, (wrether he was president then or not)THAT shows its all FUN AND GAMES to HIM!

Wrether he's governer, or prisident, or leading "the war on terror", Its all play time! Its all HOLLYWOOD! LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!

I never thought i'd defend france... but i probably should point out that they DO have troops in afganistan at the moment (anyone remember that place?)

It seems a little hard to rag on bush for acting like a college freshman, he has built his entire appeal on acting like a college freshman.... i can only assume people like it as they keep voting for him...

Simple people like simple messages and simple choices...

-----------------

The second IQ site references the first, and although the first is a hoax and the scores are too spread out... the order is near enough correct.

IQ also seems quite linked with income... which oddly means that the poorest people are the ones voting republican. In most countries it is the rich who vote right wing and the poor who vote left wing (not that there is any left wing in US politics). This does mean that the richest and poorest are voting the same way thogh... odd...

Kipper, he was not on the job man, he was joking around with friends and family. He may have been preparing to go out there, but he probably was kidding around to remove the tension. Everybody experts politicians to be some sort of God-person who do not make mistakes, or ever let themselves relax. And that is wrong.

And for all you know, that could be a common thing for presidents, governors, and senators. You just haven't caught them on camera yet. ;)

Honestly, I wish you guys would stop looking for any little excuse to bash Bush with. You guys have never given him a chance since the day he was first elected, because you thought he cheated to win the election. It was Al Gore who called recount after recount, and drew the election out for months, wasting everybody's time.

Would you really want a man who went crazy, and became an obese caveman, as your president? :p

Originally posted by Hiroki

Would you really want a man who went crazy, and became an obese caveman, as your president? :p

Excellent point. He cracked because he lost the election. Better that way than crack as president. I shudder to think what he would have done if he had to endure the constant mindless bashing the Bush has had to endure along with the greatest crisis this country has had to experience since Pearl harbor.

Everybody experts politicians to be some sort of God-person who do not make mistakes, or ever let themselves relax. And that is wrong.
I'm amazed, truly I am. To be governor and still go around flipping off a camera as if you're in college, is juvenile. Politicians should not be juvenile. REALLY powerful politicians MUST not be juvenile. You seem to like the fact that your president is a twit. Why? There is no logical reason. Do you think YOU would make a good president? Maybe you do. Maybe that's why you elected Bush, someone who wouldn't be out of place sitting in a flea-infested bar, were it not for the fact that he's filthy-rich with good old hereditary wealth...

And for all you know, that could be a common thing for presidents, governors, and senators.
You know, considering the American electorate, you're probably right about that.

Honestly, I wish you guys would stop looking for any little excuse to bash Bush with. You guys have never given him a chance since the day he was first elected, because you thought he cheated to win the election.
A chance? A chance? He had his chances. He had the chance to decide not to invade Iraq. He had the chance to save thousands of innocent lives. He had the chance to focus more on the American economy than on completing his daddy's work and grabbing oil-reserves.

Any little excuse... oh my God. Save us.

Would you really want a man who went crazy, and became an obese caveman, as your president?
How derogatory, hypocrisy much?

Well who knows, at least he'd be a halfway intelligent obese caveman, who was once sane.

along with the greatest crisis this country has had to experience since Pearl harbor.

You just sit around watching Fox all day, don't you. :¬: Crisis Schmisis. Bush has made any crisis that existed worse, by feeding terrorist recruitment.

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

do a search and see all the different SIZES of it!

going by THAT logic, ANYTHING could be fake! How do you know it realy WAS Bin Laden who masterminded 9-11? How do you know the Bin Laden tapes were real?

Have YOU been to france and asked them what they thought about bu$h?

Yeah, anything could be fake, but with evidence of things being credible can prove or disprove the credibility of a tape. Different sizes? Going by THAT logic, anything that can be enlarged is real! Photo and video editing is easy for people who have a lot of free time and software. I don't really care if the clip is real or not... I'm just pointing out that it could be fake. If it's fake, great, not surprising, if it's real, good for all of you.

And I don't have to ask France for a direct opinion. But look around in the media from the past couple of years and see how people react to Pres. Bush. On TV once (recently) a Parisian, quoted directly from an email or message, said that people were stupid for voting for Bush, and they should be welcomed into France well. Of course I admit that what one person says does not account for the whole country, though her account isn't the only describing the mainstream French feeling...

I stand by my statement. A little over half of the United States populace has proven itself to be ignorant and uneducated.

Oh, so they have the same morals and beliefs as Pres. Bush does, they voted for him, and the fact that their views conflict with yours, means that they are ignorant and uneducated? On a general basis... Oh and also, people vote for who they have more in common belief-wise (usually). So, if the "dumb" people want to vote for Bush, that means they believe in what Bush believes in. That doesn't mean Bush is automatically a stupid candidate according to your logic.

Since Bush is still our president, San Diego is as good as bombed, at least thats what my friends told me. America is going to be screwed up after the next election, hopefully we will have a president that can fix Bushes mess.

San Diego eh? Random city generator? What do they think of next

On the topic of Kerry's concession, great. John Edwards was still in campaign mode however...

That says it all right there.
Absolutely it says it all. It says it all, including but not limited to things like "You're a neoconservative puppet", and "Don't believe the nonsense that's peddled about the mythic global terror network, as it was all a scam invented by CIA analysts decades ago, (who now specifically and incontrivertably admit the fact in interviews broadcast on networks as reputable as the BBC,) and was subsequently adopted by fascist Straussian neoconservatives to aid their population-fooling agenda..."

Nobody should watch Fox news. It will rot whatever quantity of brain they might possess.

Oh, so they have the same morals and beliefs as Pres. Bush does, they voted for him, and the fact that their views conflict with yours, means that they are ignorant and uneducated?
Yes.

Voting for Bush reveals ignorance of both the issues, and ignorance of the simple logic of electing someone who may be able to do the job well. Specifically, not someone you think is exactly like your good-ol-boy brother Todd, and CERTAINLY not someone who has proven himself to be BAD AT HIS JOB.

Thank you spider al for coming to my defense!:urpdude:

Kipper, he was not on the job man, he was joking around with friends and family. He may have been preparing to go out there, but he probably was kidding around to remove the tension. Everybody experts politicians to be some sort of God-person who do not make mistakes, or ever let themselves relax. And that is wrong.

I have a lot of tension, I am as HUMAN as the rest of us! ...and still I never had to flip anybody off for ANYTHING!!!!

Menonite Hobbit!

Photo and video editing is easy for people who have a lot of free time and software.

Study the video and see if you can find ANY proof that it IS fake! If YOU waer faking that video how would YOU have done it? considering the number of frames I would have to do, Id be better off finding someone who LOOKS like him!

Im IN video editing! Its NOT easy! its not like photo editing! lightsaber and speacial effects are easy to do, but PEOPLES movements are HARD to manipulate! Thats why we STILL NEED ACTORS! You just WANT the video to be fake becuase you don't want to beleive anything bad about BU$H!

Everyone! Look at this and see if you can find ANYTHING that looks fake!

Originally posted by Spider AL

Yes.

Voting for Bush reveals ignorance of both the issues, and ignorance of the simple logic of electing someone who may be able to do the job well. Specifically, not someone you think is exactly like your good-ol-boy brother Todd, and CERTAINLY not someone who has proven himself to be BAD AT HIS JOB.

For sure.

Bush has proven himself to be one who is unable to face the public. Halfway through the war in Iraq, he couldn't find WMDs. What did he do? Oh yes, fake out the public by saying Saddam Hussein was linked to Al-Qaeda. It is such an obvious lie; I wonder why some don't see it. He came into Iraq; one of the reasons being the rich reserves of black gold it contains. Oh my, I wonder what he's going to do with it. Leave it alone, perhaps? No, wrong. He's going to do something, maybe sell it and earn a hefty profit? Ah, there's the answer. Siphoning another country's natural reserves without any permission, for HIMSELF.

Originally posted by Druid Bremen

Siphoning another country's natural reserves without any permission, for HIMSELF.

OF COURSE HE HAS PERMISSION!! The US is going to insert a puppet regime, which is basically gonna sign EVERYTHING over to Bu$h Co.

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

You just WANT the video to be fake becuase you don't want to beleive anything bad about BU$H!

The video is real, but it's hardly anything bad for Bush, it hardly shows he's incapable of being president. Please stop bogging down the credible stuff with this overblown bull****. The guy was joking around on an offair camera, joking around with the news station crew. It is news station procedure to leave tape rolling when off air incase something occurs that they have to report on before they can get back into air.

He flipped the bird, big f**king deal.

There are more credible reasons to prove why Bush should not be president.

Originally posted by ronbrothers

I really don't think that with in your heart of hearts you really believe what you were saying.

I do believe that. A responsible leader would milk all their resources to make sure their decisions are 98% complete and accurate. To make sure that if fatalities or incidents occur they did all they could to make sure it was a good cause, and that it doesn't happen on a grand scale. To hold an entire nation, and practically 3/4 of the world in your hand, you have to be damn responsilbe and very educated. You have to be SURE mentally, physically, and realistically. Bush is a bumbling idiot that acting prematurely on bad information. A responsible leader would milk all the resources he/she had to make sure this information was sound. A leader has to be held to higher standards than the average person, because the average person is not qualified for this kind of job, that's why we have the f**king elections and candidate consideration processes in the first place.

He flipped the bird, big f**king deal.
I'm confused at your attitude. In the offices I've worked in, flipping off your computer if it crashes would be considered at the very least, unprofessional. How much more important was Bush's office at the time?

Maybe we have a more subtle attitude to work-related rebellion in the UK. Putting someone's staplers into jelly is about our limit.

it hardly shows he's incapable of being president.
It's merely instructive as to his maturity and sense of propriety. And general awareness, I doubt he'd have done it if he'd realised the camera was running.

Therefore it's thoroughly relevant.

Please stop bogging down the credible stuff with this overblown bull****.
Now, if you don't like the fact that I and others don't like Bush flipping off a camera, fine. But frankly I'll carry on disliking it. And vocally, too. No offence. ;) He's a twit. The video reinforces it.

A leader has to be held to higher standards than the average person, because the average person is not qualified for this kind of job, that's why we have the f**king elections and candidate consideration processes in the first place.
Well said.

I'm confused at your attitude. In the offices I've worked in, flipping off your computer if it crashes would be considered at the very least, unprofessional. How much more important was Bush's office at the time?

Maybe we have a more subtle attitude to work-related rebellion in the UK. Putting someone's staplers into jelly is about our limit.

It's merely instructive as to his maturity and sense of propriety. And general awareness, I doubt he'd have done it if he'd realised the camera was running.

Therefore it's thoroughly relevant.

Now, if you don't like the fact that I and others don't like Bush flipping off a camera, fine. But frankly I'll carry on disliking it. And vocally, too. No offence. ;) He's a twit. The video reinforces it.

I agree, he's a twit, and he should know better than to flip off a camera. but he was horsing around, I'm not going to hold that against him. What he did was far from flipping off a computer in an office. He was jesting and joking with the crew of the station.

true it's not very professional, but ... I dunno. I just don't think it's that big of a deal, I personally think there are more important and more damaging reasons of why he shouldn't be president that should and need to be vocalized.

I personally have grown past this middle finger taboo BS, it's a finger, get over it. Then again I don't have a problem with a lot of things, but I'm open minded. My seeing passed taboo must be some sort of curse ;)

I personally think there are more important and more damaging reasons of why he shouldn't be president that should and need to be vocalized.
Of course there are, the invasion of Iraq to name one. But that doesn't mean that his flipping the camera off isn't indicative of his general attitude. It's telling.

I personally have grown past this middle finger taboo BS, it's a finger, get over it.
I flip people off all the time. Not the issue however, professionalism is. Professionalism, especially in politics is characterised by seriousness, commitment, dignity, all these things. Biggest job = requires most professionalism.

I flip people off all the time. Not the issue however, professionalism is. Professionalism, especially in politics is characterised by seriousness, commitment, dignity, all these things. Biggest job = requires most professionalism.

I don't think you are being intellectually honest even with yourself. Think about it. You seem to be capable to carry on a debate, yet unable to grasp what is relevant and irrelevant about the issue. I agree completely that if you want to bash someone, do it with issues of substance. You are defeating your argument to latch onto something that is so minimal.

You are defeating your argument to latch onto something that is so minimal.
You seem to think that EVERYTHING Bush does wrong is in some way trivial, so you'll forgive me if I point out your lack of perspective on the issue. You seem to love Bush because he's like you, and no doubt you voted for him (if you did in fact vote) for the same reason.

You should have voted for the man who could have done the best, most professional job of being President. That wasn't Bush. Full stop.

No, it wasn't Bush, but it wasn't Kerry either. And out of the two, I went with Bush.
:¬: Other than what Fox news tells you, do you have any reason at all to elect an incompetent evangelist warmonger, over an obviously more intelligent, experienced and moderate politician?

What's the worst that can happen with Bush? Oooohohohoh. The sky's truly the limit. He could (and unless he changes policy massively, and changes his own personality, WILL) further ruin your economy, take even more young lives with his insane neoconservative military actions and regress your nation's policy away from the light of reason, back towards the darkness of religious intolerance and bigotry. It's not conservatism. That's about keeping the good things that we have gained. What Bush is about, is duping the American public, increasing the proliferation of dogma, and moving society BACKWARDS in the process. They're calling it "neoconservatism" in the press these days. That's an insult to myself and all conservatives. It's not conservatism, let's call it what it is: fascism.

What's the worst that could happen with Kerry? "He might be as bad as Bush?" Is that it? Well therefore, logically one had to elect Kerry.

Logic has little welcome among a nation of creationists though eh. ;)

Archived