Home

Kerry's concession

Kurgan

Well? Did you guys hear it?

What did you think?

Obviously a lot of dissappointed people out there tonight. Just like 4 years ago it was a very close race. I'd love to see the actual numbers once all the counting is done, but Kerry admitted that even with all the provisional ballots they still wouldn't have enough to beat Bush in Ohio and win the election.

I voted for Nader, but I figured I'd be the first one to post about it... so go ahead and discuss!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad to hear that the portion of the American people voted for who they knew in there hearts would be the right man for the job, and where not fooled by the lies of the heavily liberal influenced media.

I was cracking up as I looked at the faces of those jerks on CNN and MSNBC. Too funny. :)

But in the end, Kerry did the right thing, and showed far more tact, intelligence, and dignity as a candidate and a person than Gore. If it came between a choice between Gore and Kerry, I would go with Kerry without a doubt.

I enjoyed his speech, and I do agree about unifying America. I know Bush will do his best to make this happen. A good day for America, perhaps we still have a chance.

Originally posted by Hiroki

I am glad to hear that the portion of the American people voted for who they knew in there hearts would be the right man for the job, and where not fooled by the lies of the heavily liberal influenced media.

Man, you must have missed the past...oh I dunno, 500 Political debates - so I'll educate you.

1. The Media is FAR from Liberal.

2. If anything, the Media was on Bush's nuts throughout the ENTIRE campaign.

3. Most of the people in the United States are complete idiots who need to jump OFF the bandwagon and start thinking for themselves.

4. I voted for Kerry. Tell me, Hiroki - did I not follow my instinct? Or do I have to be a Bush supporter to even be considered intellegent?

The irony of all this is, of course, that Bush supporters claim to be intellegent yet follow Curious George straight to the Gates of Hell.

Vagabound

1: Bush is not stupid for the last time, yes he gets nervous, and he sometimes can not form his words properly, and even makes some rather comical mistakes, but he is no fool.

2: He isn't arrogant, do you have any justification for that, or are you just saying it for the hell?

Kain

1: Really, is that so? Is that why those morons at CNN and MSNBC where practically on the verge of crying there eyes out when Bush won? C-SPAN is alright, Fox News is a little on the conservative side I admit, but still far more unbiased than CNN or MSNBC. I don't watch ABC news, so I'm not sure.

2: Unless you mean stepping on them, you are wrong. All I ever saw, with the exception of C-SPAN and Fox News, where the anchors and the hosts of there regular political debate programs bashing Bush every second they could. They would find any speck of dirt on him, and play it up to the fullest. Sounds Democrat to me.

3: And you, carelessly presume to judge over 58 million Americans as idiots, who can not think for themselves. I guess you consider a man of the people somebody who constantly changes his opinions and stances depending on which crowd's ass he is licking at the time, as apposed to a man who is strong in his beliefs and who you know you can count on. We didn't even really know what we where going to get with Kerry, makes me wonder if he even had a real plan.

4: And where did I say not voting for Bush made you dumb? I even said I thought Kerry showed tact and INTELLIGENCE. Read my post better. There are sadly, many intelligent people following Kerry. There are many intelligent people following Bush. And there are plenty of idiots to go around on both sides. ;)

I'm sure you did follow your 'instincts', but no doubt your opinions where influenced by what you heard from the media, hell, from what you might have heard from many here.

And we do not blindly follow him, but we do believe in him. Do you believe in Kerry? How can you? You don't even know what HE believes.

I don't get influenced by a media I don't watch - kinda impossible after all. I have a former teacher/friend of mine who is in the Army who is pro-Kerry and I have a co-worker who is pro-Bush. Those 2, not to mention my attention to the debates here and Bush's track record are what made me vote the way I did.

Personally, I think that they're both complete idiots who need to be beaten senseless and imprisoned in a padded room for the rest of their days, but I'd say I picked the smarter of the 2.

Originally posted by Kain

Personally, I think that they're both complete idiots who need to be beaten senseless and imprisoned in a padded room for the rest of their days, but I'd say I picked the smarter of the 2.

I don't think any of us can deny that we have had far more brilliant candidates in our life time. ;)

Originally posted by Kurgan

I voted for Nader, but I figured I'd be the first one to post about it... so go ahead and discuss!

What state do you live in:mad:

I saw the speech. It was pretty good. Edwards got a tad carried away with the whole Iraq thing though. And people were clapping a lot.

I forgot which state was in but Bush said "How hard it was to put food on the family"

And I can't believe Kerry lost. now were stuck with an oversized monkey for 4 more years, might as well hide from the draft NOW!

Hiroki, Bush's favorite book is the Very Hungry Caterpillar, that tells you how smart he is right:rolleyes:

I appaud Senator Kerry for his concession, and for a hard fought campaign, even if he angered some of his supporters. Unlike in 2000 with Al Gore, Kerry had no vote miscount to challenge against in the Supreme Court. It was a wise decision on Kerry's part not to further divide and put the country into a turmoil similiar to the 2000 incident known as "Florida." GG. :)

While I disagree with Kerry on so many issues and supported Bush, I grew to admire Kerry's campaigning and debating skills. He fought a good fight and made President Bush work for his votes. I think it makes him a better man than Gore to recognise when it's time to concede and move on. Kerry has my admiration and thanks for his professionalism.

I am not American but I live just up North and the result of the American elections always have an direct influence here.

I think Kerry did the right thing. He has shown that he knows when to pull out. But I am extremely deceived by the result of the elections. I think that Bush's re-election is the worst that could happen for world safety and stability. He rreally gives me the impression that he never opened a history book.

Kerry did a good speech and the part about unifying America was important. However, I hope Bush won't continue to act as if he was the Master of the Universe and also consider that he has to rebuilt international relations and credibility too.

I DESPERATLY wish KERRY had won! It pains me to see the oil billionaire win through the propaganda from the news! people beleive what they see on the news!

The public don't get to see THIS!

-CLICKY-

The man has NO DIGNITY! ...as you see here!

he's just out to kill for oil profits to make the oil companies more money!

people don't KNOW that becuase the news just show our army and the iraqis tearing down the Saddam statue! the didn't show them leaving a weopons area unguarded to protect an oil field! the news decieved the public! the public lets the media form their opinions! people are being brainwashed!

read my new signature!

how do we KNOW if WE are REALY the "good guys"???

originally posted by InsaneSith

I'm by no means a Bush supporter, but what the hell does Bush giving the finger off air have to do with anything?

it shows what kind of person he is! cute aint he?

I'm also deeply concerned about the declining wages and rising prices!

If this continues, people will only be able to afford food and shelter.The game companies (and other companies ) go out of buisness, then more people are out of work! That will be less people buying stuff, then there are less sales, and more people are out of work!

Some day the rich will have EVERYTHING and the poor will grow food for THEM for a dollar an hour! "and if you don't like it, go somewhere else!"

we'll all be slaves to the rich with "one grain of rice for a day's wages"!

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I'm by no means a Bush supporter, but what the hell does Bush giving the finger off air have to do with anything?

Let's just hope he tries to do good this time, he won't, but we can hope. x_x

Do good for the stupid money-sucking companies in America? Perhaps. Do good for Iraqis by siphoning off their most precious resource - black gold? Don't bet on it; the odds are one to infinity.

Originally posted by Hiroki ...Bush...isn't arrogant, do you have any justification for that, or are you just saying it for the hell?...
Hmmm, let me thing really, really hard. I know! How about him giving the camera a one-fingered victory salute?

That's certainly neither tactful nor dignified. It also illustrates his level of intellect. It's heart-warming to know that the leader of the free world is so crude and unrefined. Gosh, it's hard to imagine why he has zero diplomatic skills :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kain

Republicans tried stealing ballots from Detroit, Ann Arbour, and Toledo. I was gonna say Bush didn't steal this one, but he sure as hell did try.

Could you link to your source? I tried to find an article on your post about Toledo votes, and could not find anything.

Archived