Home

Just when things start looking good...

Rogue15

I get a job (finally) been working there 2 days so far..it's nice factory job, the work is too easy...and i get 8 an hour...and it's 2nd shift...

anyways today i went to get lunch...and took my car...and it was acting all weird not going back 35 so i put some oil in it, thinking that would solve the problem...it didn't...so i kept driving trying to get back home (noticed the cars rpm shooting to 70+ at 30 mph......) and i get to a ****ing red light, and it turns green, i put the gas on and i go nowhere....so with the help of some people we move the car off to the side of the road..i call my dad, and he decides to check the transmission fluid (something i've never checked before :rolleyes: ) and it's empty... so we go and buy some trans fluid, and it doesn't help. we're going to let the car sit for an hour and cool down and try again, but i think the car is dead. =( the thing that sucks is i'm going to have to pay to get it towed to a garage, it's like half a year overdue for a damn inspection, it has 135,150 miles on it, and i believe it is completely gone.

I was gonna start saving for a new car before this one died...and well...it appears i'm a little late. :(

Originally posted by Rogue15 t only has 135,150 miles on it.

You know, that's about the time when you should be planning on a new car. :p

Bad luck man, if it makes you feel any better, I have a Band/Orch/Chorelor concert all day Tuesday, so I'll be playing music while Halo 2 will be sitting at home... not being played all day.

Originally posted by Rogue15

It only has 135,150 miles on it. I'll miss driving it. :(

Oh Rouge, you have a lot to learn about cars it seems. I have had four cars of my own in my life so far and only one of them has been new (the one I own now). The first one had 180,000 miles on it when I sold it for $1500 (Bought it for $1200), the second I bought for $4000 at 40,000 miles, sold it at 210,000 miles for $1200 (did I get my moneys worth? it never broke down except for one flat tire) and my third I got for free from my dad at 100,000 miles and sold for $500 at 280,000 miles and it never broke down except for one flat tire and one bad water pump but it made it home that time anyway. I still have my fourth car and it only has 30,000 miles and I paid way to much for it. Drive it till it dies or it is almost there buddy.

Good luck, I feel your pain. Just wait until you have kids and a wife, they are worse than cars and you trade them in for a new model. Just kidding.

wow....hmm....louis? You want a car? Get up at 5 am and go to work , only to get home at 7:30 at night. Thats how I'm getting a car. Seriously. Your boss'll like that.

And besides. 135,000 miles? .....well anyways. Whatever.

have to say i'm surprised that you posted twice before anyone replied. *cough*

*cough*

ah **** it. i went and got halo 2 anyways.......

it makes sense having a job working those hours....but nobody around here likes to pay overtime....and i would need transportation to get there...might get a second job when i do get another car though...still debating on whether or not i should attempt that.

The year before I started college I worked 2 jobs:

The first one was stocking shelves overnight (Midnight to 8:00 a.m.) at a local supermarket; and the second one was working as a sales associate at a local bargan department store (from 2 in the afternoon to 11:00 p.m.)

Basically I was putting in 80+ hour workweeks, getting maybe 4 hours of sleep a day, and hibernating on my days off.

I think I managed to keep that up for about 8 months before it got to be too much. I had no other life at the time... but my bank account sure looked a lot better afterwards.

Most of the shovelling I do is thanks to the plows that come down my street and leave a 3-foot-high bank of dirty snow at the end of my driveway that I have to clear in order to get out. My poor VW just isn't high enough to blow through it and survive.

The entire rest of my property would take about 10 minutes to clear, tops, if it weren't for the end of the driveway.

I could get a snow-blower... but honestly I just can't justify the expense for the amount of property I have to clear,.. and the fact that shovelling is about the only real exercize that I'll probably get between now and spring. :rolleyes:

heh. my fingers have gone through hell....when i woke up this morning i almost cried...they were all cramped up and sore...playing halo 2 hurts my index finger.... :D

I command you to play Halo 2 with me on xbox live. My gamertag is MISTER CHEF.

No really, its Mister Chef. I can't believe someone didn't jump on that one before I did (I assumed my Halo 1 name of Master Chef was long gone0.

ctf was pretty fun.

I wish I hadn't quit. It didn't save my stats and I had a lot of crazy stuff (like when the warthog I was gunning on drove into the Banshee parked in our base and the other team's hog came in and it exploded and NINE PEOPLE DIED)

I completely suck at the Halo 2 on Live. I can never seem to do enough damage to KILL someone. I shoot and I shoot and hit them, but they dont' go down. And then I die. And when I do almost kill them, someone stills my kill or they do so much damage I get killed less than three seconds later by someone attracted by the shooting.

Archived