Home

Revan and Bastilla lover thing

Mike Frank

I know this is really kotor1 stuff, but I don't think the kotor1 board gets much activity for an anwser.

I've always heard people talk about how Bastila can say something about being Revan's lover, if Revan turns to the dark side at the Rakatan temple. I've never seen it myself. Does anybody know anything about this?

I like pie.

Edited & moved by Darth333: Use tags when posting spoilers and please post in the right forum. Don't worry: if people see a new post in the KotOR 1 forum, they will read it and answer it if they know the answer.

Going DS, romancing Bastila and getting her to the Fade to Black point, and then don't ask her about what happened between the two of you.

(As FiEND also stated above.)

Then Bastila says on the temple summit, when you ask her about if she would betray you she says...

(I won't spoil it for you, try it and see!)

Those lines alone are worth the price for the game!

:D

Originally posted by Grishnakh

Hey you just inspired me to play through the game once more, I have to try that! Does anyone know if

doing the quest with her mother after the fade to black scene and make her keep the holocron and leave prevents the conversation from happening?

If I remember correctly,

you have to do the 'mother' quest (one way or the other) before the fade to black will even happen (please correct me if I'm wrong)... :confused:

No, I've gotten the fade to black-thing to happen before doing the mother quest. If you do the mother quest and make her keep the holocron for herself she don't wanna talk to you anymore at all and the love-thing doesn't happen

ahhh thanks for the info :) (good to know, I'll have to remember that)

Hey you just inspired me to play through the game once more, I have to try that! Does anyone know if

doing the quest with her mother after the fade to black scene and make her keep the holocron and leave prevents the conversation from happening?

You have to have Bastila and her mother part on good terms, where Bastila keeps the Holocron, and gives her mother 500 credits, and tells her to meet her on Coruscant later on, for the romance option to be set.

Grishnakh, you must have a romance or dialogue mod in your KOTOR override because you can't normally have the romance with Bastila unless you have her and her mother part on good terms on Tatooine. (It sets the Bastila Romance global number in that parting dialogue.)

I hope this helps! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Going DS, romancing Bastila and getting her to the Fade to Black point, and then don't ask her about what happened between the two of you.

(As FiEND also stated above.)

Then Bastila says on the temple summit, when you ask her about if she would betray you she says...

(I won't spoil it for you, try it and see!)

Those lines alone are worth the price for the game!

Might someone be so kind as to fill me in on what those lines are?

I played through the Dark and Light side endings as a female, so I didn't get to see the Romance lines.

Originally posted by gssq

Might someone be so kind as to fill me in on what those lines are?

I played through the Dark and Light side endings as a female, so I didn't get to see the Romance lines.

I don't have the game with me now but if you have the PC version, I suggest you get KotOR tool and you will be able to look at any dialogue in the game. You'll find more details in our editing forum, in the Guide for the Newbie sticky. CHeck sections "3.1) Getting started " and "3.5.5) dialog editing".

You have to have Bastila and her mother part on good terms, where Bastila keeps the Holocron, and gives her mother 500 credits, and tells her to meet her on Coruscant later on, for the romance option to be set.

Grishnakh, you must have a romance or dialogue mod in your KOTOR override because you can't normally have the romance with Bastila unless you have her and her mother part on good terms on Tatooine. (It sets the Bastila Romance global number in that parting dialogue.)

I see, so making them part on good terms is necessary for the romance to take place at all, I didn't know that.

Thanks. :)

Originally posted by Darth333

I don't have the game with me now but if you have the PC version, I suggest you get KotOR tool and you will be able to look at any dialogue in the game. You'll find more details in our editing forum, in the Guide for the Newbie sticky. CHeck sections "3.1) Getting started " and "3.5.5) dialog editing".

you don't need the KOTOR tool to look at the dialogue file... I noticed the lines Bastilla says on the Rakatan temple a while ago, but I though they were just unused....

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

you don't need the KOTOR tool to look at the dialogue file... I noticed the lines Bastilla says on the Rakatan temple a while ago, but I though they were just unused....

I'm probably going to replay KOTOR once for the heck of it (it's the holidays now) but do you remember roughly how the lines went?

It seems you're not right about this RedHawke,

just now I got the romance to happen without having done the mother-quest at all.

It seems you're not right about this RedHawke,

just now I got the romance to happen without having done the mother-quest at all.

You have to have a romance mod of some sort in your override then...

I know the globals for the romance are set in the dialogue between Bastila and her mother. Them parting on good terms is a requirement for the romance with your PC.

Either that or something else on your machine is messing with your savegames global numbers.

I don't have any mods for my Xbox or the game so unless the game is sold with a romance mod or whatever included I think you're wrong.

What I do know is that the romance doesn't happen if you do the quest with her mother the bad way first, because then she won't talk to you anymore at all. But why wouldn't she still fall in love with you if you get the quest with her mother to not happen at all, that makes no sense to me.

I don't have any mods for my Xbox or the game so unless the game is sold with a romance mod or whatever included I think you're wrong.

What I do know is that the romance doesn't happen if you do the quest with her mother the bad way first, because then she won't talk to you anymore at all.

Well Grishnakh... first off... this forum used to be for the PC only, I assumed you were talking about the PC version.

I don't have, or use, an XBox so I wouldn't know, I do know that despite some PC Mods working on the XBox they are slightly different games under the surface, this is apparently another one of those differences.

But why wouldn't she still fall in love with you if you get the quest with her mother to not happen at all, that makes no sense to me.

Actually it makes perfect sense, why would Bastila be romantically interested in you, and willing to break with the Jedi Code, unless you have shown you genuinely care about her enough to help her reconcile with her mother...

Archived