Home

Wireless Console Controllers?

Darth Groovy

Well, I don't have any wireless controllers for my Xbox, but I have two Wavebirds for my GameCube. They were just dandy for about a year, then one of them suddenly went haywire. The other one's worked like a charm to this very day. Go figure.

Battery life is pretty long for those things; I usually only have to change batteries every five to six months or so. If you're tired of unravelling twisted game cords (especially if you have multiple systems), wireless isn't a bad option to look into.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

So do they make these so called "Wavebirds" for XBox?! :confused:

FOUND ONE!!!!

This is made by the same company that made my Speakercom, and it got all reviews:

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Nyko-Wireless-Air-Flo-For-Xbox-13280-S-28-31

DON'T GET ONE OF THOSE! In an Official Xbox Magazine, I read that "The buttons feel like they would break if you pressed then too hard" and also "the controller broke within 2 weeks, but oddly enough the fan still worked" So I would look out for some other controllers.

Grooves, trust me, don't get one. The ONLY good wireless controller is Wavebird for Gamecube. My grandma bought me a wireless controller for XBOX and i was really excited(my room = cordland). I plugged it in, adn went to play games, and guess what. It worked! For an hour. Then something went amazingly wrong. Exchanged it for a new one, did the same thing. Got my grandmas money back and told her to buy me something else because that one would not work. She was madder than Kain at the store, and ended up buying me Knights of the Old Republic and lunch.

:) Hope I was helpfull in steering you away from hell :)

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

sheet, you must have a big TV if you wanna sit far back enough to have a wireless controller... I use a 54 cm TV and me and my mates lounge down on bean bags about 1m away... :p

keep your receipt ! :p

mtfbwya

My folks are getting me a 27" flat tube Sony for Xmas. I know because I picked it out yesterday. Normally I like to lay back on my queen size bed, and play my games, I hate the restraints of wires. I ditched the headset, now the wires on the controll are next.

I will probably hold out for more reviews, or a better controller. No rush, I have an extension on one of my controllers, but sometimes I get drunk and trip over the damn thing on my way to the can, THUS the need for a "wireless" controller! :p

Archived