Home

Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers

Redwing

((Sorry for not posting, been very sick))

*Matt had overheard Tanara's conversation with Heimdall along with Elaina, and when Elaina leapt to Tanara he ran toward her, once she tackled her he stopped completely, unable to see who was it that he should stop, then started running toward them again once Elaina seemed to have stopped Tanara*

Matt: What happened?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In her anger and disappointment, Tanara nearly let Kira free," Elaina answered, looking up at Matt. She looked around, frowning. "I think you'd better get yourself out of sight. There's no telling what she'll do if I'm not the first person she sees when she wakes up."

*Heimdall watches Tanara's breakdown and Elaina's helping tackle with dispassion. He listened carefully to what Elaina told Matt, then crouched down by Tanara and Elaina.*

Heimdall *In a firm voice*: When you sister awakens have her come and see me. I'll be in the lounge of the ship, you may accompany her if you wish.

*Heimdall stood and looked at the Drake sitting next to the gathering, and when the drake noticed Heimdall looking at him both nodded their heads in greeting.

The Drake then spoke to Heimdall in his deep voice without raising it. Heimdall stood thinking about what the Drake had said not responding for a couple of moments*

Heimdall *only raising his voice slightly*: We will do that tonight, once the sun has fully set.

*The Drake nodded in agreement, and returned to watching the group. Heimdall gave another nod of his head, turned and finally made it to the Asgardried. Idun meet him at the top of the ramp.

Heimdall: How is Vidar?

Idun: Resting, Valda is watching over him.

Heimdall: Ok, we have a gathering with the Drakes tonight, an hour after dusk.

Idun: Alright, I'll make the arrangements and inform the others.

Heimdall: Thankyou, since your going to be talking to the others, anyways would you mind also telling Svafa that Marin has accepted her offer.

Idun: Excellent, it will be my pleasure to tell Svafa that. Back to the forge now?

*Heimdall, and Idun continue to talk as they go deeper into the ship*

About an hour later, Tanara awoke with a start. Elaina glanced down at her sister sharply and reached out quickly to place a comforting hand on Tanara's shoulder.

"Relax," Elaina whispered. Tanara sat up slowly and stared at her sister.

"You didn't take her back, did you?" she demanded, alarm spreading across her face. Elaina smiled and shook her head.

"Even though I was angry with you earlier, I know I can't control her," Elaina said. "I simply helped you retain your control of her."

"You jumped," Tanara said suddenly, her mind seeming to work at lightspeed. "With the Force, I mean."

"And used it to knock you over," Elaina agreed. "So you see, being possessed by Kira did have some perks."

Tanara laughed weakly and shook her head. Elaina nodded.

"Not funny, I know," she said softly. Then, as if just remembering, she said, "Oh, I almost forgot. That guy... don't think I ever learned his name..." She described him.

"Heimdall?" Tanara asked. Elaina shrugged.

"I guess so," she answered. "Anyway, he said he wanted you to go to him when you woke up. He said he'd be in the lounge."

"I'm not leaving you," Tanara said softly. Elaina grinned.

"I think it's more proper to say I'm not leaving you now," she said. "We're going together. He gave me permission to come along."

She got to her feet and helped Tanara stand. As they turned toward the ship, Elaina glanced down again at Tanara's replacement arm.

"You know, I have an old leather coat you might turn into a glove for that," she said thoughtfully. Tanara glanced over at her sister and raised an eyebrow.

"Does it bother you?" she asked. Elaina looked away.

"Well..." she began. "I guess it does a little."

"When this meeting is over, I'll help you find that coat," Tanara promised. Elaina's face brightened.

"Great! It's on my... I mean your fighter," she said. Tanara looked at her.

"You found it?" she asked. Elaina nodded.

"Maybe we can convince these guys to let you take it with us," she suggested. Tanara laughed.

"We can find out after we know what Heimdall wants," she said. The two entered the ship.

((WildJedi: I'm assuming that the two went to the lounge

BD: Since different spellings equal different words they most likely did have a set spelling, but probably had numerous names for them. Regardless, I have a fixed spelling :). ))

*Heimdall is seated in the lounge with Idona besides him, hovering in front of him is a ball of fire. In the center of the ball is a silver ring, it was adnored with mithril knotwork. Idona watched the ring in the fire for a moment before returning to cleaning her sword. Shortly afterward Tanara and Elaina walked into the lounge.

Heimdall spoke a word and the ball of fire disappeared and the ring fell onto Heimdall's out stretched hand. He then placed the ring upon the table, for being in flames it was not hot to the touch. However, the mithril knotwork began to pulsate shortly after the ring was set down on the table, Heimdall smiled at that and then turned his attention to the two Tanara. Idona meanwhile stopped cleaning her sword and let it lay in her las and regarded the two sisters.*

Heimdall: Have a seat if you would like. *He waits a few seconds for them to sit down ((Assuming that they did but if they didn't doesn't really matter))* Tanara an hour ago I told you that your sister would not be allowed come along with us once we leave this planet. Consquently you almost let Kira regain control of you. Your sister stepped in and prevented that from happening and in the same stroke gave us a reason to take her along.

After speaking with Idun, she and I have determined that your sister's presences may be critical to you keeping Kira imprisoned in your mind. As such if you still wish, Elaina may join the group and travel with us. There is a condition, Elaina will be taught by you under our supervision how to fight. Her training will begin tonight, and continue everyday until she has gain enough skill not to endanger anyone around her in a fight.

*Heimdall then looked at Elaina*

Heimdall: The final decision of course is yours Elaina. You should know that the quest we are on is very dangerous and eventually you will be force to take someone's life.

Guy: I don't know what you're talking about. I was never with the group of mercernaries that captured you - they were hunting me as well, you recall.

K'Warra: Oh, but you saw it! You were there in spirit...one of those visions you have, I take it? They had precautions against those, you know...but they weren't expecting that little side trip we took.

((Ack, out of time, cutting off post >.>))

"It was my wish to join you," Elaina said quietly. Tanara nodded slowly.

"As she has no objection, I am willing," she said. "I would rather not cause any trouble. If Elaina's presence helps, perhaps it would be better to have her along."

((BD: It's nitpicking not "not picking" ;), sorry I'm just having a bit of fun but I'll stop. As far as the mythology is concerned, of course I greatly changed it to serve my purpose for these RPG.))

Heimdall: Fine, then she may come along. We will assign her quarters and she can move any of her belongings into them. Begin Elaina's training tonight.

Idona: A bit of advice Tanara, remember how your fromer Master taught you and try to copy him/her.

---------------------------------------------------

Asgardried: He is here, at least for me since I am the ship. For you he is not here but there in the lounge. Although that may be to general, do you want his exact coordinates? Maybe directions as well as an estimate of how long it would take you if you encounter medium to light traffic along the way?

Archived