Home

Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers (Discussion Thread)

Redwing

((The fog means nothing to the attackers. They can see through it as if it wasn't there.

No Jedi can sense and dodge that many blaster bolts, let alone deflect them all. Plus, Sir-vin has no idea how to deflect these bolts. They aren't like SW stun-bolts. They're a combination of heat and magical energy.

Plus, the bolts don't "go off" until they hit a living being. Normally I'd say that they couldn't be blocked by the Force at all, except Deac had Gortick do it, so I'm going with they can be slowed by the Force.

Finally no Jedi could concentrate on that many things at once. Illusion + sense + deflect...especially at that tiny scale, "aiming" Force ripples at a ton of blaster bolts? :p

Sir-vin turned his back on a highly skilled opponent and concentrated too much on attacking another highly skilled opponent...with ineffective attacks. That's why he got dropped.))

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[The idea was that Gortick was holding them all in place away from him with the force, but eventually their combined energy became too much for him. Don't forget Gortick was hidden from his father for a reason]

((I got that, Deac, and I'm okay with it. It seemed like a reasonable thing for him to do. But Sir-vin is ten times as powerful/skilled as the entire rest of the group if he could pull off that trick he just did, which is the only reason I'm arguing with it. I don't mind you guys ad-libbing with "my" stuff if it's not going to be important ;)))

Sir-vin isn't up for kidnapping, just Gortick, Matt, and Aidan.

I should explain that Scar posted the previous because we had an argument on AIM. He wanted me to edit my last post requiring more than three of the attackers to have to join forces to take out Sir-vin, and that it should be difficult and time-consuming. Never mind that the attackers are basically Jedi-equivalent and have a turf/surprise advantage. I said I didn't think it needed editing. Obviously he disagreed.

Edit: ...okay, what I SHOULD be doing is talking about this in the discussion thread. *moves posts* XD

Originally posted by BattleDog

((I really shouldn't comment on this but, well actually I don't need to. Scar likes his characters to be more powerful than anyone else's and get away with everything. I refer you to numerous examples.))

so, do you.

the mere thing that i desired for my character to not be knocked out for a while.

and i disliked red's blunt choice of wording.

he protrayed my character to be 'dropped'

in which i presume when a character is 'dropped' is from going from performing an action to flat out uncompasitated (spelling) in an instant.

true it was made fact that i had able time to reply between red's two actions, but i still believe it was unnessesary.

Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee

so, do you.

the mere thing that i desired for my character to not be knocked out for a while.

and i disliked red's blunt choice of wording.

he protrayed my character to be 'dropped'

in which i presume when a character is 'dropped' is from going from performing an action to flat out uncompasitated (spelling) in an instant.

true it was made fact that i had able time to reply between red's two actions, but i still believe it was unnessesary.

It's "incapacitated". And that's what being stunned would entail.

I don't see the problem with what I posted. It's what I would expect to happen to one of my characters if they performed actions as reckless as that. In fact, with my three "good" characters present in this scene I:

1) "Dropped" Aidan within seconds of the attackers' arrival with a bolt between his shoulders.

2) Covered K'Warra with snakes and poisoned him.

3) Had Guy eaten by the beach, nearly suffocating him.

While Sir-vin got away with being in a hail of fire for quite a large chunk of that thirty seconds without being hit, a remarkable feat for anyone considering the skill of the attackers and the fact that you can't deflect these (or any) stunbolts with a lightsaber. (Or the Force.) Plus, his abysmal tactics; trying to sneak in a circle around someone who can see you clearly, with no cover. Turning his back on an attacker to play telekinesis tug-of-war with another skilled attacker carrying another stun-blaster. Genius! :)

Scar, thats a pathetic and childish post. Red has made a serious point. This comes back to your need to have your super powerful characters. You seem to think that all your characters should be as powerful as everyone else' most powerful characters, regardless of age, type or anything else.

Example:

My most powerful combat character is just under fifty and a Jedi trained from birth, in secret. Despite his power he has almost no mind influencing abilities and only moderate healing abilities.

My next most powerful character is a 200,000 year old warrior biologically in his 20's

After that I have the son of my first character who has diverted most of his adult life to combat training and war and as a result lacks many other important skills.

All I ever see from your characters is out of universe super power after super power. If memory serves Sir Vin is a barely trained Jedi in his early 20's who's spent most of his life hidden away with some exiled Jedi.

Of my Jedi characters one is down, basically sucker puched, and the other is just holding his own against two attackers.

This situation reminds me very much of Behomoth on my Flag Ship.

Hate to cut in on this discussion... but I'll be gone for a while... make sure my characters stay in this thing... JM, if you're not going anywhere, feel free to take control of any or all of my characters in the various RPGs I have going.

See you guys again on Monday, March 28.:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah... about the no posting thing... in case anyone's wondering... next week is my college finals week. And since I have several art classes, that means final projects, which I have been dealing with over the past week... so I have very little time for posting. Right now is one of my rare moments of free time, but I'm too exhausted from going being dragged to the midnight Revenge of the Sith showing and having two morning classes. So I'm posting this excuse. XD

Sorry for the inconvenience ^^;;

I'm having a high school graduation party tomorrow, another party of the same type on Sat night, another on 27, graduating 28, 2 or 3 parties on 29... On top of that, I just finished my first semester of college (yes, got an early start), but that doesn't count for much since I was only taking 2 classes and only 1 had a final, but that's done and I got a B in that class!

I'm glad to have it all over, but I'm looking forward to next year also... BRING IT ON!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

holy freakin' crap...

two weeks of postage gone. just when we were getting active.

Frankly I'm not going to try and post at the moment, because I suspect that if the missing thread data IS recovered it might overwrite anything new we post... and I don't want to risk more confusion if it isn't necessary >.>

Maybe this will give Deac a chance to show up again ;)

well luckily I could post a summary of those two weeks if we need it.

While we wait and see if the missing posts are recovered I don't see any harm in discussing things. Like if BD's characters are going to rejoin the group (which I don't see as a problem). What is going to happen to Carcern (or however you spell it), and the thread in general.

Well here's the problem as I see it. Hal and Allessa are too proud to give any ground and the Aesir are the same. Regardles of degree lets be honest, both groups have handed out insults, on purpose and otherwise. I do have a really good idea of how to mend that rift, or at least have Hal extend a hand of friendship but it relies on the group getting to Tarsis and being out of contact of with Hal for the time skip.

About Tarsis, Orthos lost a leg, that electronic replacement will fail just about as soon as the group touches down. I'm sure it could be worked around but I thought I'd mention it now.

I don't know if you read this BD before the forum went to hell:

As far as Hal and Allessa being to proud, I can see that in there characters, however they are suppose to be Hero (correct?). And it doesn't make sense for a hero to leave the fate of the galaxy in hands of people he believes to be morally corrupt. Then we have Matt. By leaving the group Hal is condeming Matt to either be killed, or be trained by a moronic wanna be Jedi that has already screwed up Matts initial training (Scar: This is how Hal sees Sir Vin so dont' yell at me).

As far as Bridges being burned that is only true for Drago (his parting comment did the trick), not for Hal or Allessa. As far as Heimdall is concerned Hal went back to his people to arrange a few things and will be returning. Heimdall isn't going to be making Hal ask to be let in (Svafa would but that is Svafa :)). I don't see this being a problem:

Heimdall: Rejoining the Group?

Hal: yup

In the past that wouldn't necessarily be true but seeing your sisters and brothers die horrible deaths does effect a person (even an Aesir). Of course these are your characters and if you want them out then it is your choice. I just know that they can come back. Either way I'm thinking about brining in a race I introduced in Cantina that would help your legions.

Also I'm curious to to hear this idea of how you plan on closing the rift between them.

Well, okay, I think I misread some of your characters. About the rift in general. Remember that sword Flax had sent to Odin? Its still knocking around and, if the group does go to Tarsis Vidar will need that sword. Mainly because by that point Aesirean weapons will be worth about a much a chocolate swords.

You remember that light that eminated from Hal's sword? Well thats going to be happening more and very shortly its going to start doing some very interesting things to those Sith.

So basically Hal will say:

"My father was going to give this to his friend and ally, what should I do with it?"

When you say Aesirian weapons I assume you are referring to their more hightech weapons, and not their swords, axes, spears etc..

And what will this sword of Hal's do to the Sith? I do hope you realize that it will be essentially impossible for Hal and his legions to defeat the Sith assuming that Loki sends the Sith after them and not some of his other minions.

And another question/comment for you about the armor the legions wear (well namely their shields). I am assuming that they use the wooden shields only when fighting others who also use archaic weapons (aka swords, arrows). Since those shields would obvisously be useless with the advance weapons seen in Cantina.

Now why Bronze? and did you have another question about Aesirian armor?

Archived