Darth Maul - Who is he really?

Darth Jessaya

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There was some talk about this before, who he was, what his name was, though his race is confirmed as zabrak. He was deffinetly too cool to just die in the first movie.

He wasn't the true apprentice Palpatine had searched for a long time ; Consequently, he would have been killed soon...

Hmm, checked the databank. Theres not a lot of info on him. Indeed, he was a cool character. Too bad he died so early. It seems to me that lucas needed a saber battle, so he just threw maul in for that. He didn't really do much in the movie, he barley said a word. He got into two fights, spoken to palpatine, killed qui gon, and that was about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Not likely. Wikipedia is run by fans, the point is that it's a "community effort" by whomever wants to contribute. I could write up some nonesense and post it right now, and unless somebody corrects me, it'll stay there. StarWars.com can make mistakes (and has in the past quite often) but they're infinitely closer to lucas than a fan site like this.

Overall I'm sure it's "accurate" I'd just be curious what sources each tidbit comes from. The article does include some SuperShadow material, immediately making it suspect though (see the notes in the history for Darth Maul's 'real name' for example). Interesting to see where it came from!

MediaWiki is the PHP-based wiki engine which runs all of the wikis on Wikicities.

The software was originally created for Wikipedia and is now used by many sites. This free software is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) and can be downloaded from wikipedia.sourceforge.net.

See the MediaWiki feature list for features of this software.

The Star Wars Wiki is based on the same software base, and is run on the same kinds of principles and methodology. This particular site was started by WhiteBoy on March 4, 2005.

It's completely unofficial. So the info on it is only as accurate as the sources they may be using and the integrity of those posting/editing it. That better? ;)

Archived