I've posted my second mod for SW: KotOR on pcgamemods.com

Download

I'll post the description:

----------------------------------------------

Skye's Armor Expansion Mod

----------------------------------------------

Author: CaptainSkye

WHAT IT DOES:

This mod simply adds to the supply of armor/robes in SW: KOTOR. It adds 21 new items (15 new armors, 6 new robes, 2 bonus item)

to the game. Each robe/armor has been placed apropriately somewhere in the game. Some items will show up multiple times

throughout the game, while others will only be available in one location. Some items you will not be able to recieve unless

you play certain quests or visit cartain planets in the right sequence.

INSTALLATION:

Just place all files into your override folder (this may take a while, but its worth the wait). No .2da files have

been used in this mod, and I believe it will comply with all other mods. If not, please PM me on Lucasforums.com and I will

re-release the mod, upgraded to fit in with any mod that it cannot work with.

UNINSTALLATION:

If you have KMM, I have included a .kmm file with this mod. If not, I suggest keeping the original mod folder, and when

you're done with the mod, copy and past all the things into ovverride, ovverrite the ones already there, and then

(while they are all still highlighted) right-click them and click "delete".

ITEMS IN MOD:

[i'm not going to list the stats of the items, or exactly where to find them. Thats for you to find out ;) ]

----------------------------

AJUNTA PALL'S ROBES

g_a_mstrrobe16

ZUULAN SENTAR'S COMBAT SUIT

g_a_class6040

NAGA SADOW's ARMOR

g_a_class6025

VINDIKUS MAARLOV'S ARMOR

g_a_class9071

MECH ARMOR

g_a_class6080

CZERKA CO. HEAVY ARMOR

g_a_class6047

CZERKA CO. FIBER SUIT

g_a_class4047

DARK JEDI CUSTOM ROBES (#1)

g_a_mstrrobe19

VORN DAASRAAD'S ARMOR

g_a_class9077

PROTOTYPE MECH ARMOR

g_a_class6078

RED MANDALORIAN ARMOR

g_a_class9018

GOLD MANDALORIAN ARMOR

g_a_class9019

SELVEN'S BODY SUIT

g_a_class8088

TULAK HORD'S ARMOR

g_a_class9075

DURASTEEL PLATE ARMOR

g_a_class6022

BARAGWIN AGENT SUIT

g_a_class4046

JEDI MISSIONARY ROBES #1

g_a_kghtrobe10

LEAD ARMOR

g_a_class6024

DARK JEDI CUSTOM ROBES #2

g_a_mstrrobe17

JEDI MISSIONARY ROBES #2

g_a_kghtrobe23

JEDI MISSIONARY ROBES #3

g_a_kghtrobe29

(Bonus Item) GLOW ROD

g_i_glowrod15

SPECIAL THANKS:

I must thank EVERYONE at Holowan Labs for being such great people and

for helping me when I needed it. I would like to also give a giant thanks

to Bneezy for inadvertantly teaching me how to mod. And, of course, to

LucasArts and Bioware for making a superb game.

Please, feel free to post feedback, gripes, problems, etc. Espacially problems, actually. I also want to thanks ChAiNz.2da for noting the fact that my filename was wrong, and thus allowing me to release this. Thank you!:D

hmm, thats weird. even my school servers alot us 200Mb of disk storage (i still prefer the 512Mb thumb drive i use, though).

just sign up for yahoo mail, gmail(from Google), or hotmail(from MSN). all of them alot you at least 200 Mb of space. oh yeah, and they're free. ;)

I sure hope the 14.4mb does NOT include screenshots since I'm running into problems w/ pcgamemods timing out and crashing(I think there updating there server.)--No it's not adware(already checked)

But make to topic. I am curious are the sidequests that some of these items spawned on available to both dark and light side or if you make certain choices are you not going to see some of these.

Originally posted by stingerhs

hmm, thats weird. even my school servers alot us 200Mb of disk storage (i still prefer the 512Mb thumb drive i use, though).

just sign up for yahoo mail, gmail(from Google), or hotmail(from MSN). all of them alot you at least 200 Mb of space. oh yeah, and they're free. ;)

While all of them are free the ability to have large file attachments is a paid for service with all of them. The free accounts limit you to 1mg file attachments for your emails.

Originally posted by Darkkender

But make to topic. I am curious are the sidequests that some of these items spawned on available to both dark and light side or if you make certain choices are you not going to see some of these.

((Just a quick note: There arn't any new sidequests in this mod, just armor thats been spawned apropriately during or at the end of one, as Darkkender stated)).

Now, to answer darkkender's question. I tried not to do too much of that, though a few (three, I think) items are on DS quests. Two items you get from the GenoHaradan quest(off the bounties). That isn't a major DS quest, though, and so I wouldn't worry about that. Note that if you choose not to kill Zulaan or Vorn, you can't get their armor (also, don't do the quest after the Leviathin, so you can still go to Dantooine).

The only other one that I can remember being is the white set of Dark Jedi Custom Robes. You get them off their owner's corpses on the SF (DS boss before Malak). You can get the red one there, but also on Korriban. Also, each tomb on Korriban (save Ragnos) should have some sort of armor inside.

The one item that you might not see at all is the Lead Armor (black with white outlines). It should be available on Korriban (rare item guy), but the other set is in the belly of a Fyraxia Shark on Manaan. I don't which shark, exactly, and I do believe we run into all of them. I might have placed it in a shark that never even apperes in game, and even if you can get it, can you pick stuff up with that suit on? Eh.

If I think of anything else, I'll post. Thanks for the feedback so far people!:)

Hey Capt Skye

If you would like a place to host your mod untill pcgamemods gets back up or you can build your own site, I could temporarily host it for you at my site. Right now among other things I've been developing my website again and have plenty of space to host your mod untill you would like it taken off. Just send me a PM and I'll send you some details.(but you may want to empty your box first)

*sigh* ...And now I start to find the glitches.

Alright, this is VERY important!

REMOVE "invisible001.utp" from ovverride, it will cause all Ebon Hawk scripted cutscenes to stop working.

Next, get rid of "PMBE01.txi, PMBE02.txi, and PMBE05.txi". I have no idea how they got there, but they seem to make carth see-through.

I'll probably post an update with the fixes later on. Sorry about the problems.

Originally posted by C. Skye

Next, get rid of "PMBE01.txi, PMBE02.txi, and PMBE05.txi". I have no idea how they got there, but they seem to make carth see-through.

Hehe...that's a mod in itself ;)

Too bad those files can't make him go away permanently.... :dev11:

Seriously though, a mod of your magnitude (and size) those 'glitches' are understandable. Don't let it get you down, it's a great mod by any measure :)

Alrighty, I posted an update. Please remove all files related to the original version BEFORE installing the second version.

Also new for the second version, I fixed a few things (no new screenshots) on the robes and armors, such as selven's body suit (male boots) and the tan missionary robes (gloves). Oh, and I made this too, as a sort of apology gift for the inconvenience. ;)

Originally posted by C. Skye

Alrighty, I posted an update. Please remove all files related to the original version BEFORE installing the second version.

Also new for the second version, I fixed a few things (no new screenshots) on the robes and armors, such as selven's body suit (male boots) and the tan missionary robes (gloves). Oh, and I made this too, as a sort of apology gift for the inconvenience. ;)

So which armor is the this so I can know where to look for it because I love that black and purple look.

• 3 weeks later...

i found me what appears to be a bug there captain...

the two mech armors (prototype and finished) seems to have their stats mixed up... or is the prototype supposed to be better?

it has a higher defence value, and doesnt have vulnerability to anything except sonic... and since it says in the description of the finished one that it has added protection against everything but sonic it looks like its mixed up... (and the graphics makes the prototype look weaker although the stats are not)

Yes, they were mixed up, kind of. The prototype's stats are indeed more powerful. As for the spelling: I'm not a great speller, so its not unlikely that I mispelled a number of words. Out of curiosity, what word was mispelled though?

it was the word "advanced" in the description of the "baragwin agent suit"... it said advenced...

btw, i think i might have been able to fix the mec armors... but im not sure... so if you make a fix for them id use that one instead (i just saved the .xml files for both and exchanged them... dont know if that works, im kinda new at this)

great mod btw. very well done and balanced... no "über-armor" in the start of the game... me likes :D

i was wondering... if you do make a fix, could you include one more armor, just for me?

a bountyhunter armor based on the sith armor model (but with my custom texture)

if youre interested just send me an e-mail and ill send you the texture

Archived