Home

Cat Becomes Frozen to Fence and Lives

CaptainRAVE

Cats really do have nine lives, Ruth Bogenreif of Nebraska took a look outside in her back yard and witnessed a terrifying event. A cat was taking a drink out of a heat birdbath when something apparently startled it causing the cat to jump.

The cat jumped right out of the bird bath, landed on a chain link fence and instantly froze to it due to the sub-zero degree temps.

"(She) was hanging with (her) paws frozen to the fence. (Her) head, the back of (her) neck, was in the water," Bogenreif said. She removed the cat from the fence with warm water and took it to a shelter where the cat is now recovering.

http://www.turnto10.com/news/4089306/detail.html

Cats are way too jumpy...

Another frosty story (and true)

A man working in a freezer store room is told by a colleague not to touch the wall as you will freeze and stick to it. "Nah" he says, "No, you really will" says the colleague. "so what will happen if I stick my tounge on it?" the man asks. "well, it will get stuck replies the colleague. "I don't believe you, watch" says the man as he sticks his tounge on the wall, ihis tounge of course gets stuck to the wall, his colleague tells him to wait while he gets some hot water,

*WARNING DO NOT READ ON IF YOU ARE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION*

but the man panicking now, pulls his head back, skining his tounge, blood is going everywhere and he has to be rushed to hospital, he survived but lost his sense of taste

nice, is it not?

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

LOL! Where the hell do you live? It's around -11 degrees F here! :xp:

Yes. I don't like the cold at all. You can keep it over wherever you are, ya eskimo. :D

And yes, 'hell' may indeed be an apt name for Austin in the summer, but to an acclimated individual it is quite pleasantly warm. :)

Originally posted by jon_hill987

Another frosty story (and true)

A man working in a freezer store room is told by a colleague not to touch the wall as you will freeze and stick to it. "Nah" he says, "No, you really will" says the colleague. "so what will happen if I stick my tounge on it?" the man asks. "well, it will get stuck replies the colleague. "I don't believe you, watch" says the man as he sticks his tounge on the wall, ihis tounge of course gets stuck to the wall, his colleague tells him to wait while he gets some hot water,

*WARNING DO NOT READ ON IF YOU ARE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION*

but the man panicking now, pulls his head back, skining his tounge, blood is going everywhere and he has to be rushed to hospital, he survived but lost his sense of taste

nice, is it not?

This brings back memories of kindergarten, where we dared kids into licking on metal poles. :D

Archived