Home

Travelling to other planets IS possible, try it.

tk102

Hmm .. just got onto this thread somehow and .. wow .. very interesting .. so now I'm wanting to work on a full area mod. To hell with just playing with crystals.

I get the feeling I'm going to be asking a lot of questions about things though so be ready to be pelted.

And my first one will be:

Say I want to create an encounter that is going to happen as soon as you leave the docking hangar and I want to make it so that you are friendly with whichever side you chose in the dialog (sith or republic) .. can you set factions?

Originally posted by seawolfe

Hmm .. just got onto this thread somehow and .. wow .. very interesting .. so now I'm wanting to work on a full area mod. To hell with just playing with crystals.

I get the feeling I'm going to be asking a lot of questions about things though so be ready to be pelted.

And my first one will be:

Say I want to create an encounter that is going to happen as soon as you leave the docking hangar and I want to make it so that you are friendly with whichever side you chose in the dialog (sith or republic) .. can you set factions?

Try this: Doom_Dealer's tutorial

It's very good.:)

• 4 months later...

Ah one of my favorite threads.

The names and descriptions are referenced as dialog.tlk entries in planetary.2da. For example: Kashyyyk's name and description are 32213 and 38685.

"Sleheyron City" is in the dialog.tlk at 37614. You can use KTLK to find this.

"Hoth" is not the dialog.tlk file. I cheated that in with a custom tool of my own device which I never released.

Originally posted by StormTrooper789

Sorry for bumping up such an old topic but...

:) I have Questions :)

1.How do I insert custom strings where it shows the planet name and descriprion?

2.Also where did those Slehyron strings come from? I looked in the dialog.tlk file but it's not there. :confused:

StormTrooper789,

I would advise against releasing a mod with a modified dialog.tlk file, it is far too much a pain in the backside for the modder when people start installing it and not following the .tlk backup instructions, then complaining to you that your [insert Explitive Here] mod made them have to reinstall KOTOR, etc., that is why I released ORD Mandell with no edited dialog.tlk or galaxy map text, it can be way too much aggrivation, just to display a couple lines of text, and with a planet mod that is all it really is... Not like a Force Powers Mod or something of that nature, that needs to implement a lot of text.

Of course when TK102 releases his new dialog.tlk editing toy you could post instructions in your readme and in the mod thread how to make the text come up in the galaxy map using that. I know I am going to for the people with ORD Mandell. ;)

Just my 2 cents! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

StormTrooper789,

I would advise against releasing a mod with a modified dialog.tlk file, it is far too much a pain in the backside for the modder when people start installing it and not following the .tlk backup instructions, then complaining to you that your [insert Explitive Here] mod made them have to reinstall KOTOR, etc., that is why I released ORD Mandell with no edited dialog.tlk or galaxy map text, it can be way too much aggrivation, just to display a couple lines of text, and with a planet mod that is all it really is... Not like a Force Powers Mod or something of that nature, that needs to implement a lot of text.

Of course when TK102 releases his new dialog.tlk editing toy you could post instructions in your readme and in the mod thread how to make the text come up in the galaxy map using that. I know I am going to for the people with ORD Mandell. ;)

Just my 2 cents! :D

Really, I just wanted to edit the TLK file for personal use. It would be cool to see my work look authentic. *wipes fake tear* :D

Originally posted by pie_man101

Not volunteering myself but, are any mod projects in the works (besides that galaxy forge that died on day 2) to add new planets and quests to KOTOR?

PrtyLizardJedi and I are working on one, although I can't tell you anything else about it at this point.....(PLJ is the leader, I can't say anything without his permission.)

_EW_

• 1 year later...

Actually Redhawke is the only one to use this tutorial to it's full extent for the most part. Lit Ridl's zombie planet is done via a startnewmodule function not by using the galaxy map on the ebonhawk.

Thanks for the plug EW but I can't even take credit for any mod that has been completed that goes all the way like Redhawke did.

However I'm not certain how the Polish Yavin 4 mod works out. There might be a chance it uses the galaxy map.

• 10 months later...
Sorry again for bringing an old thread up, but where do I put k_inc_ebonhawk.nss?

And is this for K1? Cause the galaxy map won't open.

Files with a k_inc_ suffix are in most cases include files, and as such are only used by other scripts (via the #include directive) when those are compiled. They cannot be compiled on their own since they are not a complete script, only a repository of common functions, and global constants and variables to be used by other scripts.

To compile a script using an include file you should put the include file in a location where the compiler looks for it. Depending on what version of nwnnsscomp you use this could be the override folder, the same folder as nwnnsscomp is in, or in the same folder the script (NSS) you are going to compile is located.

Keep in mind that if you make changes to an include file you must recompile all scripts that use this include file for the changes to take effect.

Archived