Home

Achilles' TSL WIP

Achilles

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, folks...it would seem that I've lost my mind (again)

Here are 3 new hilts that I've been working on over the last few days in between homework assignments...

Feedback is more than welcome.

http://img43.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img43&image=hilt10eo.jpg

http://img43.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img43&image=hilt24tl.jpg

http://img43.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img43&image=hilt32ey.jpg

Originally posted by Achilles

Well, folks...it would seem that I've lost my mind (again)

Here are 3 new hilts that I've been working on over the last few days in between homework assignments...

Feedback is more than welcome.

Looking great! :thumbsup:

I'm really digging pic #3...but the raised 'cage' emitter on Pic #2 is pretty sweet as well :)

(does the saber blade show through it, or does the blade start after it?)

I see you've caught the "modeler fever"... helluva a rush huh? ;)

Looking forward to new models by you man! :D

Originally posted by Achilles

Ok folks, this is probably the last one I'll work on this weekend:

Screenie

Holy Crap!!!!! :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: Achilles! The three screenies I just looked at looked absolutely killer. The silver saber is just beautiful and reminds me of Darth Sidious' personal lightsaber in Revenge of The Sith. :) Very nice. God I can't wait till you guys get that pack done so we can all have em'. You guys should get a freakin' metal for that mod man.

• 9 months later...

Well, I noticed that many of the other old skool modders were resurrecting their WIP threads, and I was starting to feel a little left out :D

To remedy the situation, I thought I would provide a little preview of something that I've been working on:

wip12pf.th.jpg

That's right; remodeled boots for the padawan robe model! Now you can actually have leather boots instead of those silly looking cloth wrap thingies that the devs put on that model.

So, down to the nitty-gritty:

• The female model is complete. Now all I have to do is the uvmapping. Special thanks to svösh for reminding me that some of the animations get hosed on this model if you don't use Taina's Replacer tool. I probably would have chucked my PC out the window if I remembered that one "the hard way".

• The male model is about 90% finished. I thought I was done, but when I got it into the game, the model was...broken. I was able to go back and find a saved version that was still intact, however I lost about a day's worth of work. Lesson learned: test more often ;). I hope to finish "him" up tonight.

• Hands: the devs really cut corners on the hands, but I will be remapping them so that the texture can utilize leather gloves. For those of you that have seen my previous robe mods, you know that I don't like to put gloves on Jedi, however due to some of the contraints with .utc files in TSL, I don't see an easy way around it, so gloves it is.

• Collar: I will be following in Master Svösh's footsteps and mapping the collar to be consistent with the remap that he released last year. While this mod won't be 100% compatible with his remap, anyone with a favorite robe mod and photoshop should be able to salvage their prized texture.

• Tabbards: While not part of the model, they are part of the texture and Darth Moeller has graciously agreed to let me include his tabbards in this mod as well. It's amazing how some details make such a difference! Tabbards definitely fall into this category.

I'll try to post more updates and screenies over the coming days. I hope to finished fairly quickly on this, but taking a page from others, I won't be committing to specific release date.

UPDATE:

• Well after hitting a snag with the female model (which I considered finished in my last update) I ended up having to start over with "her". The fixed model is just about done (95% finished). I only have to tweak the area where the boot meets the leg and perform some minor clean-up before I can finish the mapping. Considerable thanks once again to T7nowhere for his help with that one :worship:

• The uvmapping for the female model is coming along pretty well. The boots are almost completely mapped and once I'm finished with bullet 1, they should look very snazzy indeed. Screenies to follow.

• Once I'm done with the feet, I can get to work on the collar part of the robe and the gloves. I'm going to have to spend some time playing around with the hands. Due to the limitations that exist when using Replacer, mapping the hands the way I had intended might not be as easy as they were with the male. Hopefully I won't have to scrap that part of the project

That's all for now.

Well, for a while there, I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to actually finish the female model today. The hands proved to be quite the pain in the ass. The good news is that finishing up the male model will be much easier now...I hope.

Here's the screenies I promised.

newfemalemodel3ri.th.jpg

newfemalemodelgame2nf.th.jpg

UPDATE:

The male robe is nearly finished. Got the collar done and as soon as I finish resolving some stitching issues, the gloves will be finished as well. Only thing left after that is some brush up on the right boot (after finishing the left, I needed a break from feet).

Once the models are finished, I'll begin work on version 3 of my robe mod. Version 2 was never released, mostly because right about the time I was finished, I got a wild hair to start playing with uvmaps and moving verts around to make real boots.

edited for change in plans :)

Archived