Home

Achilles' TSL WIP

Achilles

Alright then, fine! I WAS going to wait to start modding, but all the recent good stuff gave me the itch again :D

Here's what I've got for my first "at bat"...some robes re-colors.

Screenie

It's hard to tell in this pic, but you may notice that the gloves are gone :D

Not sure where this will take me, but if I come up with more goodies, I'll be sure to share them here.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bobo

no gloves! yay! now what about that really ugly collar? lol

Well, I can only work with what they give me. To make major changes like that you'll need to talk to a proficient skinner who's a heck of a lot better with PS/PSP than I am. All I can do is change some colors and take gloves away :D

no doubt that this is a great first robe redo.

i hate gloves, why do all the clothes in the game have gloves?

Answer: Because the artists at Obsidian are too lazy to make hands for everything that can wear it!

Complaint: Oh... How those slacking meatbags make me angry....

Observation: It seems they are letting us clean up their mistakes

Statement: I guess thats our lot in life, master.

no doubt that this is a great first robe redo.

Answer: Because the artists at Obsidian are too lazy to make hands for everything that can wear it!

Bingo! :D

Yeah, otherwise there would be at least 3 textures for each robe, accounting for the PC skin-tones. Not to mention Dark-side transitions and such.. :whacked: I almost side with the skinner/devs on this point...but I'd have to see their pay stub first ;) hehe

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Bingo! :D

Yeah, otherwise there would be at least 3 textures for each robe, accounting for the PC skin-tones. Not to mention Dark-side transitions and such.. :whacked: I almost side with the skinner/devs on this point...but I'd have to see their pay stub first ;) hehe

I side with them without even asking to see their paychecks...I can't imagine that anyone would want to sacrifice disk space for 3x the unnecessary textures.

Luckily, we have the ability to go back and make parts of the game the way that we wanted. If the Devs did everything we wanted, we wouldn't have any fun modding :D

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by the SW:EPIII trailer, I decided to play around with the DS transitions. The yellow is hard to make out in this pic...it looks much better in the game.

dstransition9rb.jpg

Not sure if I will make similar changes for all the PC's but time will tell.

The robe mod is just about finished. I have a little work left with the icons, but it should be out soon.

Originally posted by maverick187

Nice work on the robes, I'm also waiting for prime to make his movie robes wink wink :)

In all likelyhood I will be doing a Jedi Robe pack with more or less completely reskinned robes. This includes both cloaked and uncloaked versions.

I have to finish the game first though...

Horse****.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the robes are just about finished. I just have to make some last minute changes to the Appearance.2da file and they should be out tomorrow (they will be compatable with T7nowhere's Shiny Mandalorian Mod and Svosh's HK-47 Mod...as well as a change that replaces Carth's lame armor).

The biggest delay has been deciding what to do about the Jedi armors. I finally came up with something that I'm happy with (to hold me over until Prime releases his mod). Here's a couple of screenies to hold everyone over:

Jal Shey Mentor Armor

Zeison Sha Warrior Armor

Just to help set expecations, I've replaced all the Jal Shey armors with the Mentor armor and all the Zeison Sha armor with the Warrior armor. No more Neophyte, Advisor, or Initiate armors to get in the way of the really cool stuff. Enjoy the screenies!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I first got my hands on a ryyk blade in TSL. I had no idea what one should look like, but for some reason I just picture something more...lethal...than what was provided. I mean come on; we're talking about WOOKIES here!!

So I figured someone, somewhere had to have an idea of what a "real" ryyk blade looked like. So I did what any red blooded American would do...I Googled it

Lo and behold I did find inspiration and finally the 3d modeling Muse's sweet whispers could no longer go unheeded. So with T7nowhere's tutorial as my shield and gmax as my spear I ventured forth into the unknown hoping to find glory and a ryyk blade that a surly wook could be proud of.

At first it seemed I could only slay windmills, but alas pixel master Svosh came to my rescue and my dream was bourne into reality.

Finding my wings at last, I ventured to test their mettle against the mighty gaze of the sun, hoping that the plight of Icarus would not befall me as well.

As such I present to you the second of my humble efforts...my first lightsaber:

In game

In gmax

Inspired by the Jacen Solo saber found here

*Special thanks to Svosh and T7nowhere for their patience with my stupid questions, n00b mistakes, and instistence on knowing how things work. I REALLY appreciate the help guys!*

sweet looking models man! :D

The ryyk blade,... very nice in a lethal, not so pleasant to be on the receiving end sorta way ;) Definitely a download I'm anxiously awaiting...

oh yeah... welcome to the even "darker" Dark Side :dev11:

I can just imagine svösh's & T7's expressions right now....

[Mr. Burns] .....excellent..... [/Mr. Burns]

very nice stuff, makes me want to make my own swords... ah if only I had the time. The ryyk blade looks much better than the game's generic version, IMHO. The saber matches your inspiration pretty spot on, nice work indeed Achilles

Archived