Home

Hoth speeder tips anyone?

Murf

On SINGLE player Hoth, is it possible to win as rebels without taking out the AT-ATs? I've come close, but no cigar. Even with an AI partner, when I switch to shoot the tow cable the AI guy will crash the speeder. Will the AI guy shoot the tow cable? If so how do I know he has, it has attached, and I need to start circling the AT-AT?

Any tips at taking out AT-AT in single player would be appreciated.

Are there any different tips to taking out AT-AT in multiplayer?

Thanks,

Murf :atat:

Just fly in low and close to the legs You should hear him shooting the cable though it may take a few tries. When He hits a leg the camera will fall back a bit more for a better view. Now just hug the legs when coming around the head as to avoid being hit by the heavy lasers.

Originally posted by Murf

On SINGLE player Hoth, is it possible to win as rebels without taking out the AT-ATs? I've come close, but no cigar. Even with an AI partner, when I switch to shoot the tow cable the AI guy will crash the speeder. Will the AI guy shoot the tow cable? If so how do I know he has, it has attached, and I need to start circling the AT-AT?

Any tips at taking out AT-AT in single player would be appreciated.

Are there any different tips to taking out AT-AT in multiplayer?

Thanks,

Murf :atat:

AI have no problems to fly well and circle around the ATATs.

I just flew in gunner position and AI and me took out 4 ATATs.

Rends

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

The AI is weird, sometimes it kills AT-AT's wonderfly, but somtimes they just fly of the map and die, or just run into rocks and mountains

youre soooo true sometimes the ai can fly like an expert and sometimes they just crash into the legs.:eek:

oh... and stingray get online im gonna cream u up:monkey4:

Originally posted by Bastini

oh... and stingray get online im gonna cream u up:monkey4:

Apologies for the offtopicsness, but I don't get this guy. He sent me a PM asking what my XBOX online username was among other things... I don't have XBOX online and I have no idea what made you think I had. next to that I have no idea why he has contacted me. Only because I live in the Netherlands as he did a while ago? I suggest you "cream somebody up" who's still playing battlefront (on XBOX).

as for the topic:

I never had much trouble with the AI. If I'm gunner, the usually shoot the tow-cable to to the legs and when I'm gunner they usually fly around the legs like a charm. Btw, if you are flying low, at low speed (keeping the brake pressed, that is) and pull up, you can make a looping :p It isn't very usefull, but I suppose it's fun if you want to show off after destroying an AT-AT.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're playing against a whole bunch of real life humans... check your 6 o'clock! They're probably firing 20 missiles your way... and if you slow down you're in for an unwelcome treat!

If you take heavy damage you best fly full speed back to the hangar where R5 droids can heal you. This is much quicker than trying to heal the speeder by just being inside as a pilot (pilots heal vehicles they are inside, but much slower than the R5 droids, or pilots using the fusion cutter to repair you from outside).

Fly safe now!!

Jet

Me and AI pilots go together like ice-cream and worcester sauce.

I've only tried going in for the kill with an AI piloting a few times but have had limited success so far. My AI either crashes or flies into a laser blast. lol

Come to think of it, the server I've tried in was always set to medium level settings. I wonder if AI skill setting makes much difference to piloting skill....I'll have to check that out.

Unless there's a bunch of homing rockets on my tail in multiplayer then taking out an AT-AT with a 'human' companion isn't very difficult at all. AT-ATs that are near a slope can be trickier but keep your cool, find a good balance for your speed and you'll be bringing them down like skittles.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived