Home

Saturday morning cartoons

montnoir

Take a stroll down your repressed memories and ask yourselves if you remember these?

Thundercats (Lion-O and Cheetara vs Mumm-Ra. Ninja cats didn't get much cooler)(and also the best saturday morning cartoon there ever was)

MASK (Some dudes in high-tech transformer gear, tryin' to stop some terrorists from blowing stuff up...)

Superfriends (just thinking about the title... goosebumps alert! Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman and Aquaman were the superfriends... did I forget someone?)

Dino Riders (the good Valorians fought the evil Rulons on earth billions of years ago when dinosaurs were about)

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (yeah, Leonardo was badass, with twin Katanas and a blue headband... and that April O'Neill in yellow jumpsuit... grrrrrowl)

Defenders of the Earth (Flash Gordon, Mandrake, The Phantom with their children?! vs Ming the Merciless!)

Ghostbusters (yeah Peter Venkman and Slimer)

Spiderman and his fantastic friends (or something similar, it was Spiderman, Iceman and a girl)

He-Man (I have the POW-EEEER!)

G I Joe (Go Joe! Snake Eyes is the man)

Transformers (one with Optimus Prime and another with Ronimus Prime, I don't know why I liked Ronimus more...)

Carebears (ahem...)

The Smurfs (a knock-out blonde and a red clothed white-beard vs Gargamel and his cat)

Scooby Doo where are you? (Scoob!)

My Little Pony (HEY! Don't start!)

Duckula (the green duck vampire who had to suck ketchup instead of blood)

Duck Tales (Scrooge McDuck and what is his name? That pilot duck that crashed every plane he ever flew, he was the coolest)

Go-Bots (strangely enough, I liked Go-Bots more than Transformers, I know I am a traitor)

BraveStarr (he had the powers of the wolf, bear, eagle and one more animal and had the coolest laser-gun)

Tale Spin (Baloo and some young kid-fox, Shere Kahn was a corporate tiger in a suit)

Rescue Rangers (Chip and Dale the originals with a fat rat and a foxy mouse)

Dungeons and Dragons (Thief, Rogue, Knight, Warrior, Magician, Sorcerer and Acrobat were led by the impish Dungeon Master! ...and there was some sort of unicorn baby in it too...)

James Bond Jr (???????????????? Great show! Absolutely loved it, loved it almost as much as Thundercats, almost)

and I vaguely remember:

Planet of the Apes animated

Star Trek animated

vaguely because I was so young I could hardly tell the difference between cartoons and real life.

Well, now I need your opinions and help to make the list complete.

Originally posted by montnoir

Spiderman and his fantastic friends (or something similar, it was Spiderman, Iceman and a girl)

G I Joe (Go Joe! Snake Eyes is the man)

The girl was Firestar.

Yep, Snake Eyes was the man.

You left off Alvin and the Chipmunks, Fraggle Rock and the Snorkles (basically underwater Smurfs).

Saved by the Bell ruined Sat morning cartoons (even though I loved it) because networks stopped showing cartoons and started creating crappy SBTB clones.

Originally posted by Hannibal

Saved by the Bell ruined Sat morning cartoons (even though I loved it)

Dude.... that's just.... wrong :disaprove

Please tell me you watched it for the chicks... please (lie if you have to )...

Though since you did know Firestar's name, you redeemed yourself and regained testosterone points... ;)

It was Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, and other than the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon, it was my all-time favorite toon :D (yeah I was just as big a dork in my youth as I am now)... hehehe...

Am I just an old-fart, or did you completely miss the Laff-A-Lympics (the cartoon characters competing in "events")? Yet another fav that I'd still watch if I could find it.. :D

• 5 months later...

MASK (Some dudes in high-tech transformer gear, tryin' to stop some terrorists from blowing stuff up...)

I LOVED M.A.S.K.!!!!!

One day when I have some semblance of finacial security, I plan to seek out and buy the three vehicles I missed out on but wanted more than anything.

Yeah one day. . . :(

I was pretty much a hardcore He-Man and M.A.S.K. fan. I have every He-Man toy in existence up until the point that I stopped caring about toys (right about the time that the Evil Horde was peaking...or age 11 whichever is easiest for you to put into context). M.A.S.K. rocked, but was just really gaining momentum when I gave up on all that.

Never owned a Transformer or a G.I. Joe, although I always wanted a Transformer :(

Best parts of the He-Man cartoon? The Sorceress (ahem) and searching for Orko's hiding spot in every episode.

orko.gif

BTW, it was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"

I don't think so. The cartoon was called "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles". The original comic by Eastman and Laird (printed by Heavy Metal, if I'm not mistaken) was called "Ninja Turtles" and the movies were also called "Ninja Turtles". But the cartoons and the DC comic was called "Hero Turtles". You know, gotta protect the kids from those dangerous "ninja" and the meaning of the word :rolleyes:...

Hmmm...that must have been a thing in...whereever it is you're from. In the US (at least in AZ) the cartoon was always Ninja Turtles. Can't confirm or deny the status of the comic book though.

EDIT:

"They were known as Teenage Mutant NINJA Turtles in the USA, but in the UK they were the Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles.". Taken from http://80scartoons.co.uk/

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (yeah, Leonardo was badass, with twin Katanas and a blue headband... and that April O'Neill in yellow jumpsuit... grrrrrowl)

I loved them when I was a kid. "Pizza for everyone!" :D

He-Man (I have the POW-EEEER!)

SWOOSH!!! All bad guys are down. :D

Transformers (one with Optimus Prime and another with Ronimus Prime, I don't know why I liked Ronimus more...)

Ground vehicles versus Air vehicles... Hm. I like them both.

Carebears (ahem...)

They make me sick! :barf:

The Smurfs (a knock-out blonde and a red clothed white-beard vs Gargamel and his cat)

PLEASE KILL ME!

Scooby Doo where are you? (Scoob!)

It had it's moments.

Duck Tales (Scrooge McDuck and what is his name? That pilot duck that crashed every plane he ever flew, he was the coolest)

"Duck Tales! Whoo-oohh!" They rock! :D

Rescue Rangers (Chip and Dale the originals with a fat rat and a foxy mouse)

GO Chip and Dale! :D

I don't think so. The cartoon was called "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles". The original comic by Eastman and Laird (printed by Heavy Metal, if I'm not mistaken) was called "Ninja Turtles" and the movies were also called "Ninja Turtles". But the cartoons and the DC comic was called "Hero Turtles". You know, gotta protect the kids from those dangerous "ninja" and the meaning of the word :rolleyes:...

As far as the comic, you are correct! Check out the official site http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/01/01.htm

Ninja Turtles is the original title. When they wanted to air it in the U.K., censors thought the name "Ninja" was to violent, ergo "Hero" was substituted, because it seemed to have a more pleasant connotation.

No worries, we have to watch "Cased Closed" instead of "Detective Conan." Although, thats because of copyright issues.

What about the Classic Looney Toons and Popeye?

I remember them on Saturday mornings! :D

There was also Rubik the Amazing Cube on at one point... it was lame but it was on and I remember it...

I also remember the Animated Star Trek and the Planet of the Apes too! I also remember most all the other ones montnoir listed.

*Starts feeling really old now!*

^^^^^^

I remember those, too. So I'm right there at Deenys getting my discount with ya.

Anyone remember Dinosausers? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213341/

Dude.... that's just.... wrong :disaprove

Please tell me you watched it for the chicks... please (lie if you have to )...

Oh heck yea! And then "Striptease" came out and I was b2a2925f.gif, but then I relized I was too young to watch it 55d5f79a.gif

Wow, this brings back some memories. I used to watch that stuff when I was around 3-7 years old :D Good times. I actually saw He-Man the other night... crazy stuff. I had completly forgotten about Dino Riders. Oh and anyone remember that COPS cartoon?

Then there was something else I liked to watch: LongStar? LoneStar? Something like that.

Rodimus Prime ;) Sorry, Transformers purist here :D

Oh, and both are G1 Transformers. Rodimus only became leader after Transformers:The movie and he stayed the leader throughout season 3. They're all part of the same continuity.

Oh and let me tell you that Go-Bots is just a rip-off. A BAD RIP-OFF! FOR SAYING YOU LIKED IT MORE THEN THE TRANSFORMERS, YOU SHOULD BE HANGED DEAD. DEATH TO THE TRAITOR!

Ahem...

When I hear the Smurfs, I always think about 99 males, 1 female. >_>

Ah G.I. Joe...the time when cartoons were violent...so many memories...

Oh and the pilot in Duck Tales was Launchpad McQuack

Archived