Home

School Shooting in Minnesota

Lady Jedi

Well, in this morning's newspaper he said "He was into video games." Bah bing! He killed people cause he played video games. Not because he was a neo-nazi, or messed up in the head. It was just the video games!

Ah-ha! solved :indif:

Very sad, hope they recover over their loses.

TiE

seems like its gonna be goths and rock music that get the blame this time... or the internet and nazi chatrooms...

Student Sondra Hegstrom, 17, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Weise was into goth culture, wore "a big old black trench coat," drew pictures of skeletons, listened to heavy metal music and "talked about death all the time."

Though if they find any games at his house that is bound to change....

PS/ Nice t-shirt...

Other students said he was picked on and that he'd made threats

People don't realize how serious that is. Multiple people pick on me at school, without any reason, for almost two years now. There were times I wished I could've stabbed them in the head or something. If people are a bit screwed already, that could push them over the edge...

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Indeed, but he'd be killed anyway. Either by lethal injection or a crazed parent seeking revenge.

Exactly. At least this way there won't be a drawn out court case, and thousands upon thousands of dollars wasted on this guy.

Student Sondra Hegstrom, 17, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Weise was into goth culture, wore "a big old black trench coat," drew pictures of skeletons, listened to heavy metal music and "talked about death all the time."
'

Well, ****. That's another bunch of stereotypes that I'll have to deal with for the next 3 months. Dammit.

Oh, and he shouldn't have shot himself, he should have been able to see the pain he's caused others, and to feel his guilt.

Then shot.

Originally posted by GothiX

'

Well, ****. That's another bunch of stereotypes that I'll have to deal with for the next 3 months. Dammit.

Oh, and he shouldn't have shot himself, he should have been able to see the pain he's caused others, and to feel his guilt.

Then shot.

Right on. I for one, am in favor of a talion justice system. :D

Tal·i·on :

A punishment identical to the offense, as the death penalty for murder.

Also, it doesn't matter what he wore, or the games that he played. It gets down to the fact that he was screwed up and it's his own damn fault; not the fault of his lifestyle.

Now I'm all for punishment and such, but there comes a point when you must realize what is better for society.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

If we keep with that kind of system, we only create more anger. Hell even now capital punishment creates anger. Execution of innocent people, people others believe were justified in their crime.

Personally I think we should do away with the death sentence, but also stop using our tax money to feed and house these prisoners, we should go back to when we made them work for their food and decent sheltering. No more of this lounging around, working out, free tv crap.

But I do support the prisoner education system. The more educated they are, the less likely they are to commit more crimes.

Originally posted by GothiX

You're forgetting that this is exactly what people need to make remarks about a subculture that's alkready being tortured by stereotypes saying how "evil" they are.

Indeed, but this is how people do stuff. They cast blame on something that can't defend itself.

Some kid wears dark clothing and he killed a person? He's a goth, and that's why he did it. It doesn't matter how ****ty he let his life get, it's because he's a goth, he listens to metal, and he plays video games. They caused him to do this by affecting his mind, desensetizing him. They broke him away from reality into a world where violence is "fun".

People do this to avoid blaming themselves because they most likely picked on a kid like this, or they didn't do anything to help a kid like this.

Never mind that he was an outcast already mentally unsound. His lifestyle and choices in music and games caused this. Blame them, not him or yourself.

I see a lot of similarities in this story with the Columbine massacre story. Let's see,

Shooter:

- loner

- Neo Nazi tie "admired Hitler"

- Black Clothing

- got picked on by other students

- Asked victim "if they believed in God" and then shot them (in the Columbine case, it was actually widely mis-reported... one of the wounded victims was asked by one of the killers "Do you believe in God?" and when they said yes, "Why?" and then left them alone, the person survived, they didn't die from their wounds).

- Suicide after the fact?

And now we want to throw in "violent video games" and perhaps music? Hmm...

So I wonder, was this somehow a "copy cat crime"? Or is the media just picking out random things to blame again to make it sound more sinister and sensational? Perhaps we're not getting the full story here.

But from the outset it sounds like a crazy suicidal guy who was inspired by what he knew (or thought he knew) about the Columbine incident.

It's been many years since I was in High School but none of those things were really popular at the ones I attended or visited. There was one guy who wore all black now and then, but he wasn't a "goth" or a neo-nazi dabbler. He just liked to make bad jokes now and then with his odd sense of humor. Never talked about killing anyone or wore a trenchcoat to school.

Archived