Home

Achilles's Game Balance Mod is available for download...

Stoffe - that is one healthy Sith Assassin! I think you misunderstood me on the autobalancer - the game does adjust their hitpoint based on your level. But it is always the same percentage regardless of the values you use in autobalance.2da.

Now, is that one of the Sith Assassins on Duxn? It is probably one of the following utc files sith_ass404 to 406. The utc file shows that they are level 8 with 60 HP. I think that is the key to your mystery. The vast majority (90%)of your opponents utc files are level 1 with 10 hitpoints. To be honest I think it is a bug in the game. I think it is using the formula: Level Adjustment of 17 * Base Hit Points of 76 * 75% = 960. Check out the Mandorian Guide who's UTC is f_mand_guide. He is level 1 with 9 hit points. His formula seems to be Level Adjustment of 15 * Base Hitpoints of 9 * 84% = 117. I will be honest I could never pin the formula down, and I know different NPC's use different formulas.

Try changing the UTC files to level 1 with 9 hitpoints and see what happens.

una - you can not post that data directly to the game. Stoffe is running a custom mod.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this should prove very usefull. I have found KoTOR 2 very easy so I started a new game with Beancounter's Hardcore mod (Insane set), now i get to start over with Bean's AND this installed as they don't seem to conflict file wise. And when the Ultimate Lightsabre mod comes out with it's beefed up Nihilus encoutner sabre I should throughly get my ass handed to me :D

Thank you all

Originally posted by By Design

And when the Ultimate Lightsabre mod comes out with it's beefed up Nihilus encoutner sabre I should throughly get my ass handed to me :D

All Sith Lord encounters have been beefed up with this mod, however from what I've heard, the Nihilus battle included in the ULM is going to be epic :D

Originally posted by By Design

Well this should prove very usefull. I have found KoTOR 2 very easy so I started a new game with Beancounter's Hardcore mod (Insane set), now i get to start over with Bean's AND this installed as they don't seem to conflict file wise. And when the Ultimate Lightsabre mod comes out with it's beefed up Nihilus encoutner sabre I should throughly get my ass handed to me :D

Thank you all

Yea, I'm too playing with these now; great work Achilles :)

Let's see how hard Nihilus is gonna be, luckily I'm already on my way to the Ravager with my current character ^^;

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Oh

my

GOD!

I have just fought Nihilus and it was ... ... ... hard. My PC was level 31; Nihilus had a defense of 76! I was only able to hit him with a natural 20 (automatic hit) or after buffing myself up with a ridicoulus amount of stims.

In the end, it was old school 1on1 - and at the exact same time Nihilus collapsed, my character collapsed too - but it was still counted as a win.

What an exciting fight! Would also be cool to have a chance of more than 5% of hitting though :)

• 2 months later...

How the heck are you supposed to defeat Nihilus? He resists everything, crits for 200-400 almost every round, uses an unresistable (since he is 20 levels above you) health drain when he gets near 50%...

I've tried absolutely everything I can, and I can't get anywhere near defeating him.

The mod was great up until this... even with the added challenge it was a lot of fun. Nihilus is just insane though.

I don't remember him being quite that hard, but then again it's been a long time since I tested that fight. In fact, I remember making him progressively easier during the testing (1st version: everyone died within seconds :D). Maybe it's time to rebalance the rebalance mod ;)

I welcomed the challenge... Nihilus was hard.. but since I had stockpiled tons of crap I thought I'd never use, Nil gave me the opportunity to lift off some of that weight.. hehehe

Take note though that if you use the USM along with Achilles' mod (which I do).. Nil becomes uber tough... ya' better be prepared... ;)

Achilles' Re-Balance is still one of my favorite mods to this day. I don't think I'll ever say this game is "too easy" anymore hehehe...

I'm not familiar with that mod or what it does. So long as it does not also use autobalance.2da,...

In short: it changes TSL to SW D20 tabletop RPG (more or less).

And unfortunately it uses autobalance.2da (and couple of other arrays, scripts, etc., but only autobalance is the problem), and its values are lower (higher if negative) than yours.

So I think, that it will boost "my" level (higher ECL, CR -> more XP-> higher level)

Am I correct ?

O.K., thank you.

And what about crmod ?

Higher values, makes level up faster ?

(Sneaky Question Insertion Mode: on)

So if I want to make tougher opponents, but want to level up "normally", leave alone what ? Levelmult, and crmod ?

(Sneaky Question Insertion Mode: off)

I didn`t find any .xls in download from pcgamemods, which you mention in readme, only this:

cont9sj.jpg

just so you know.

• 5 months later...

Sorry if I'm refreshing this thread unneccessarily, but I can't get the mod to work. (It won't go in my Override folder). When I try to place it in there, I get this message:

Cannot create or replace Achilles' game balance mod: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Sorry if I'm refreshing this thread unneccessarily, but I can't get the mod to work. (It won't go in my Override folder). When I try to place it in there, I get this message:

Cannot create or replace Achilles' game balance mod: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Like C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override ?

Is that where you are putting it?

_EW_

Restart your computer.

Your system memory is leaking and it's still "using" the file in an active state (at least the computer thinks so).

If that's not it, then make sure you're logged in as an administrator on your computer (or an account with proper read/write rights)...

And finally, if neither of those are the case.. re-download the file. If it's a corrupted download, the computer may think it's still 'downloading' the thing and won't let you touch the file until it thinks it's done..

Restart your computer.

Your system memory is leaking and it's still "using" the file in an active state (at least the computer thinks so).

If that's not it, then make sure you're logged in as an administrator on your computer (or an account with proper read/write rights)...

And finally, if neither of those are the case.. re-download the file. If it's a corrupted download, the computer may think it's still 'downloading' the thing and won't let you touch the file until it thinks it's done..

As Chainz said for most of the above. I have Struck out the least likely. Bolded and underlined the most likely and Italicized the 2nd most likely.

• 2 months later...

Archived