Home

TSL Restoration Project: website up!

I have a question about what may be restored for tslrp. I've done some searching on the team Gizka site, but I don't want to enter the "What was cut?" thread for moderate fear of spoilers. While I was checking through the KOTOR tool, I came upon a specific utc (character file) called p_atris.utc. What was interesting about this file is the p at the beginning, indicating what is supposed to be a party member, because all party member characters start with a p_ (for example, Atton would be p_atton.utc). When checking the file, it turns out that Atris even has her own portrait to go along with it (PO_PAtris). My question is, is there anything in the content to be restored that includes Atris becoming a party member, and if not, why is this utc file here?

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suppose we also ought to mention that the current source code for all our scripts is up in our developers section. Keep in mind the scripts are likely to change with every build but we felt it might give fellow modders a little insight into what they're going to need to check/change.

Actually, the link's broken...

Any chance of it being up again sometime?

Having only learned about this project only a month and half ago I just wanted to say thanks to Team Gizka for what they are doing. I also appreciate them taking their time to make sure they have it right instead of putting something out that is subpar. :)

• 2 weeks later...
unfortunatly there are'nt any VO's for atris/traya ending. if there were then you would also see sion get wiped out by Nihilus

They could use some sort of voice changing tool, i'm sure there's some out there. I know this technically won't be restoring but they could record their voices, and with a program compare it with the voice pitch of Atris or Kreia and then change the voice setting of their voice to sound more like Atris or Kreia - and viola! New Kreia/Atris voiceovers.

Based on the criteria explained before, it seems .8 should have happened a few weeks ago. Perhaps they changed the schema, hence its removal from the status page.

Uhh... there are (at this time) six minor bugs open, Achilles :). Plus, I have a nasty habit of finding major bugs.

According to what was posted, .8 would be released when all major bugs had been resolved. There weren't any major bugs listed for the last few weeks, however I suspected that .8 hadn't been released for fear of finding some later :)

There was one major bug that arrived and then went (I reported it :p). But I could have sworn that the prerequisite for .8 has always been all minor bugs fixed. Oh well, maybe someone edited the site and then reconsidered their decision?

I was watching the video released on Christmas and it hit me. One of my mods was being used in it. Many of you have noticed that not many mods are being used in the process of restoring TSL, so it was cool to notice one of mine being used. :D

There was one major bug that arrived and then went (I reported it :p). But I could have sworn that the prerequisite for .8 has always been all minor bugs fixed. Oh well, maybe someone edited the site and then reconsidered their decision?

A look at Team Gizka's work in progress page would seem to confirm your interpretation.

What baffles me is that the number of minor issues seem to remain constant, while the number of tweak and trivial issues plummet like rocks... Unless new minor issues are found on a constant basis.

According to what was posted, .8 would be released when all major bugs had been resolved.
*** Humor Mode ***

Bah! Pay no attention to the Infidel unbeliever!!! ;)

What baffles me is that the number of minor issues seem to remain constant, while the number of tweak and trivial issues plummet like rocks...
Indeed and thus the reason why I said they may well jump from 0.7b?? to 1.0b1. If all the tweak issues get resolved before the minor issues then there won't be a need for a 0.8 build, right? :)

Indeed and thus the reason why I said they may well jump from 0.7b?? to 1.0b1. If all the tweak issues get resolved before the minor issues then there won't be a need for a 0.8 build, right? :)

True, but then they're not quite there yet. And once they do get to 0.8, yet more of the tweak or trivial issues may pop up, I guess.

I was watching the video released on Christmas and it hit me. One of my mods was being used in it. Many of you have noticed that not many mods are being used in the process of restoring TSL, so it was cool to notice one of mine being used. :D

What does it mean "not many mods are being used"? Are you simply referring to the fact that not many fan-made mods are being incorporated into the Restoration Project, or does it mean that not a lot of the mods that make up the Restoration Project will be mods to be put into the override older? (I think someone told me once that very little of it will rely upon the override folder.) If it's the latter, then this is great news because it'll be less likely to conflict with other mods.

Archived