Home

TSL Restoration Project: website up!

We will attempt to make this mod as compatible with other mods as possible, however it is too early at this point to know how many files we will be altering and in what ways.

As far as fixing bugs: There are scripting bugs that we have found and fixed, yes. However, most of the bugs in KOTOR 2 are in the executable and are not something we can fix. Hopefully the upcoming patch will make the game stable for all.

As our work progresses, we will be posting continual updates. Thanks for the words of support, folks. :)

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Razorfish.8

Iirc, in most situations (wherever possible), we used existing localized text references (so that text will appear in the language corresponding to your game version), but there are a few instances in which we've had to add in new text for dialogs. In one case, thus far (although it is just some preliminary work, and this may very likely change) we had to add in an edited VO in restoring an incomplete dialogue.

Iirc, we don't have any playtesters with non-English versions of the game at the moment, so I'm not exactly sure how the custom text would appear.

i could 'beta-test that one out for you' if u get to the point near the estimated release. cause i got a non-english version as i said above and i would be glad to help in the process of that 'sweetness of an 'add-on'' :D (i cant call it a mod cause the game gettin completed, holy sh*t :D)

Well, it's an awesome idea.

I wanted to add a comment for the localized versions. I'm playing the french version of the game and I went through the sound files. the cut content is there, translated in French, so i guess that since the names of the files are the same, the dialog will work fine. There's an excellent tool around here that makes the dlg files compatible with the langage of the game. I'm sure it will work fine.

There is also a small piece of dialog somewhere, where you actually meet with Vash! And it's in english (curious)...

As for the content... that would be cool to see it, but well...

Isn't there any way to keep your people alive, in that game? I'm a lightsider at heart, so I'd like to see some heroic stuff, instead of your pals being slaughtered by Traya... lol... but no pressure... Oh, BTW, did you notice that there was two sets of voices for the encounter with Traya? one with Kreia's voice and the other with Atris' voice... is there an option in the game where Atris goes way out of line to become Traya? if so... wow!

Keep up the great work and I'll keep an eye on things, to know when to download! :D

You guys truly impress me... I wouldn't even know how to start...

From what I know you do not need to kill all the party. Who will die depeds on what aldiment are the characters and what does atton/dicipline visas/handmaiden (they fight for their love - the Exile) think about you.

What's more I think thet there was supposed to be a choice of easy and hard path and the decision would decide the fate of atton (if you are female and do the right scene he would die telling about his feelings)

Originally posted by Entropist2

As for the content... that would be cool to see it, but well...

Isn't there any way to keep your people alive, in that game? I'm a lightsider at heart, so I'd like to see some heroic stuff, instead of your pals being slaughtered by Traya...

Well, without giving everything away, I guess I can reveal that our restoration plans include an interpretation of "the path," for which these encounters exist to set the stage, so to speak.

Originally posted by Entropist2

Oh, BTW, did you notice that there was two sets of voices for the encounter with Traya? one with Kreia's voice and the other with Atris' voice... is there an option in the game where Atris goes way out of line to become Traya? if so... wow!

Yes, but there is not enough voiced dialogue to lead into Atris' ...defect. Unfortunately, Atris' dialogue for the Party vs Traya encounter is more fleshed out that Kreia's! So, neither were ideal to implement, but Kreia's already fits into the existing storyline with minimal fuss, so...

This is possibly the most amazing project I have seen in a while

I do hope that this restoration will be compatible for this Xbox version of the game by adding it to KOTOR II's Override folder in the FTP

I also agree with Entropist2 that would be pretty depressing

This is possibly the most amazing project I have seen in a while

I do hope that this restoration will be compatible for this Xbox version of the game by adding it to KOTOR II's Override folder in the FTP

I also agree with Entropist2 that would be pretty depressing

Originally posted by Command3r

I have reason to believe that it will be compatible...But we cannot guarantee it since none of us have a modded XBox to test with.

Actually, we have an information request for XBox players who have access to their KotOR2 game files... If anyone can help us out with that, please send me a PM or email via Lucasforums.

Actually, we have an information request for XBox players who have access to their KotOR2 game files... If anyone can help us out with that, please send me a PM or email via Lucasforums.

Which game files are you referring too? Cause Id like too assist.

Not that I have a modded Xbox but I am going to attempt to mod it ASAP

I hope that the Neverwinter Nights Source Scripts files (*.NSS) will be released with this SW : KotOR II's restoration project...

I think that all modders of the Star Wars Knights's community can help by giving their own ideas and adding elements which could make this "un-official" patch more realistic...

Originally posted by Command3r

Which game files are you referring too? Cause Id like too assist.

Not that I have a modded Xbox but I am going to attempt to mod it ASAP

We were originally asking about possible Droid Planet assets (didn't pan out), but we're still hoping to obtain a listing of files that we could use to compare to the PC version to find any assets that are only available in one version and not the other.

Originally posted by Leviathan

I hope that the Neverwinter Nights Source Scripts files (*.NSS) will be released with this SW : KotOR II's restoration project...

As far as I know, we will release the source code for scripts we've written or modified as well as the scripts we've translated from byte code when the project is finished. I don't know if we will be doing that for partial release(s) though (namely the HK Factory sidequest).

Originally posted by Leviathan

I think that all modders of the Star Wars Knights's community can help by giving their own ideas and adding elements which could make this "un-official" patch more realistic...

Just keep in mind that we have the specific goal of restoring cut content to enrich the planned additional game endings. We are also operating under some limitations; For example, we will say "no" to any new ideas that include restorations requiring voiceovers that don't already exist. Why? Because it will keep our ambitions in check. It ensures that we're not going to be sticking our own fabricated storylines into the game without sufficient justification from the original story and available content for the change.

And, because we already have our hands full, we may pass on elaborate restoration ideas requiring a significant deviation from the current plans, even if we think that they're good.

Originally posted by James108

who is Traya

Darth Traya is the third Sith Lord, the Betrayer, and the endgame boss.

Archived