Home

TSL Restoration Project: website up!

The Sith and Jedi make love? :D *covers sons eyes*

@Dashus, I didnt say I didnt like your work or anything you guys have released. I have happily downloaded all the TSL fixes released by the Gizka team. However with regards to the little film, while I didnt dislike it and never said that I did (please dont put words in my mouth) I wasnt impressed like the others were either.

With regards to the "scenes" I meant adding characters etc and doing new voice overs to add something new to the game. I guess its a restoration project so you will only "restore" stuff that should have been there. I just wasnt sure if you would also add further scenes that would explain the story better, especially towards the end of the game where to be honest I had no idea what was going on! hehehe. :D

I believe the game ended poorly with only 2 sentences to explain what happened to each character....when it would have been cool to have a movie of a big battle or a movie explaining what happened.

Also what happens to your character and to the Ebon Hawk....we never leave Malachor!

Keep up the good work.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an ad designer, I like the advertising. I think it has some humor, which these forums needed. Yeah, it is only an ad, but it was a funny animation. Sometimes these forums get too serious. Self included.

Second, I see a lot of positive and negative feedback about a mod that has not even come out yet. TSL Restoration team seem like the type of people who would encourage feedback. However, the final 'big' product has not been released. For the most part, they have released some items, which have fixed or enhanced parts of the game. I am greatfull for their fixes, and I look forward to more of their enhancements. Think about it like this, ObsidianEnt has not released an all over bug fix patch. However, TSL Restoration project has taken the liberty and free time to fix some of what ObsidianEnt has not. (Run-on Scentence).

Third, I know we are all anxious to see their final product. Some of us are too anxious. As a ad designer, I accept all types of criticism. Critiques are my way of existance. Regardless of how good or bad they are, there is going to be feedback on both ends. When it comes to the end, it is all about what we do with the feedback, or how we respond to it. We can grow from both positive and negative feedback. However, when we do give feedback, we should keep it in a creative, constructive, and respectable manner. Take it from someone who has been at both ends. I have given harsh feedback, but I also have grown from the experience. We are all human.

Fourth, this thread is about the TSL Restoration project. With great respect, I have to apologize for posting this. As Dashus and TSL Resotration team post updates, lets take off our shoes at the door. I think their efforts are monumental, and they will grow from the experience. So far, I am impressed with their thinking of detail, working as a team, and being organized.

I hope everyone gets something out of this! :)

I think htey were originally going for a 50-foot tall one, but it wouldn't work ;)

Yeah the original plan was:

Fade In. Man standing on beach. Rancor roars up behind him. Man gets terrified. Rancor picks up and eats man. Rancor burps. 5 story Gizka walks on screen. Rancor gets terrified. Gizka eats rancor. Gizka ribbits. Fade out.

Unfortunately we couldn't scale the Gizka up without breaking his animations.

:stan:

Work with what ya got ;)

Yeah the original plan was:

Fade In. Man standing on beach. Rancor roars up behind him. Man gets terrified. Rancor picks up and eats man. Rancor burps. 5 story Gizka walks on screen. Rancor gets terrified. Gizka eats rancor. Gizka ribbits. Fade out.

Unfortunately we couldn't scale the Gizka up without breaking his animations.

:stan:

Work with what ya got ;)

I like that idea!

:D

To the Restoration Team I just want to say thanks a lot for all you guys are doing, I for one deffinitely appreciate your efforts. I'm sure TSL will be ten times better once you are all done. I'm still amazed that you all are doing for free what others who were paid should have completed! Thanks again for all the hard work!

I've noticed on the progress report part of your site you don't mention anything about restoring the content on Korriban. Aren't you going to restore Dustil? Just curious.

There are no voice files for Dustil. So no, we are not going to restore him.

• 1 month later...
Iirc, in most situations (wherever possible), we used existing localized text references (so that text will appear in the language corresponding to your game version), but there are a few instances in which we've had to add in new text for dialogs. In one case, thus far (although it is just some preliminary work, and this may very likely change) we had to add in an edited VO in restoring an incomplete dialogue.

Iirc, we don't have any playtesters with non-English versions of the game at the moment, so I'm not exactly sure how the custom text would appear.

Hi,

if you need someone that translate your text in italian, contact me: in my spare time I can do the work for you (hoping that there isn't a book to translate!!!! O_O )

• 2 weeks later...

Their beta testing is still quite a ways away. Besides, Beta Testers will be chosen by Team Gizka, and won't be open to the public. They will be picking people that have:

1) Posted regularly (not excssively; this is related to)

2) Posted smartly

3) Not made us want to pull our hair out.

You can see their thread over on Gizka here ...

Probably people with computers.

It's their mod. I imagine that gives them the right to invite whomever they want to be beta testers. The criteria above seem pretty reasonable. Perhaps you'd be happier if they add fuel to the fire by inviting everyone that's bashed and whined since they announced the project?

Anything else?

Archived