Home

TSL Restoration Project: website up!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Emperor Devon

It was questions like that which got the USM thread closed! :mad:

If you want to compliment the restoration project team, just say so. Spam like that got the USM thread closed.

Lastly... If it was done, they'd have released it.

Correction: The USM thread was closed becoz there was nothing major to report, so it was pointless to have it there.

Agreement: yes if the USM Thread did, stay open it would've been closed becoz of spamming.

USM stands for Ultimate Sabre Mod.

Please Return to topic:

THE RESTORATION EFFORT

MattCole

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by FunSolo

site's down, what happened? :eek:

just problems wit the admin? no more progress on the mods? lawyers at your door? :confused:

Probably just updating their site, give them chance, by the force they diserve it. the amount of fixes they've found, they may be minor but, but they've got our attention, and theyre working on on bigger projects which will take longer time.

Have patience, Trust them, and they'll come through. the amount of fan mail i've sent ;) they have to! ;)

just Remember, they've got to get the Droid Factory in-game, fully scripted, fully working, its like every other mod, you want to make sure its perfect before you release so everyone will enjoy it.

MattCole

Originally posted by MattColejk

Probably just updating their site, give them chance, by the force they diserve it. the amount of fixes they've found, they may be minor but, but they've got our attention, and theyre working on on bigger projects which will take longer time.

Have patience, Trust them, and they'll come through. the amount of fan mail i've sent ;) they have to! ;)

just Remember, they've got to get the Droid Factory in-game, fully scripted, fully working, its like every other mod, you want to make sure its perfect before you release so everyone will enjoy it.

MattCole

Sorry to be the one to burst peoples bubbles here Matt, but this has been discussed at the PC GameMods Forums in this Thread that the site will no longer have anything to do with the Restoration Project as MacLoudCorp discovered in his second post so I will quote him quoting the owner of the Restorations Website... the link to the page is in the aforementioned thread.

From the front page of the 'TSL: Restoration Project'.

Temporary Closing

What has happened here is that Kiwegapa, the webmaster for this site for the past two years, has been removed. The only reason I will cite publically is creative differences. He's a good guy and doesn't deserve most of what I've got to say about him, especially while I'm going through the trauma of a dozen life changes all at once.

To make a long story short, I have been stifled for a very long time from many directions, and now that portions of my life are changing whether I want them to or not, I have decided to take control of the changes and have everything in my life change.

Magestrix Studios was the name adopted by a group of people to represent the tabletop RPG they were putting together. That group is gone, the game is gone, but the gameworld lives on in my mind and I intend to bring it back. Kiwegapa was not part of this original group, so he did not understand the direction of the project.

As I rebuild the site the way I want it to be, there will be a shift in focus. The game will be put back together and re-engineered under the D20 Open Gaming License. There will be a full-featured comic (several pages in length) that will be released every month or every other month as schedule permits, based in the gameworld and using the game rules as assigned; characters viewed in the comic will have available character sheets. Weeklies are a thing of the past. PDF files will be abundant.

This closing and shift in focus is not done to spite anyone, but to reclaim my site and my name as my own, and to put my projects back on track by stepping away from a stifle point. If anyone wants to e-mail me about the change, go ahead.

In the end, the only regret I have is the loss of a friend.

Jay "Ruzho" Foster

5/29/2005

P.S.: I don't anticipate the site being down longer than the end of June.

P.P.S: I have no sympathy for people who can't finish a game themselves and go looking online for answers when they could be spending the same amount of time in-game walking around, making notes and figuring things out themselves. Don't e-mail me for help with KOTORII; I haven't even played the game. I don't think he even had a walkthrough, just a bunch of hacks to change the end and a list of bugs that sounded more like a list of complaints over what changed between versions. That was Kiwegapa's deal; e-mail him.

It looks pretty grim for the restoration project, especially what was stated in the P.P.S... I bolded it in the quote.

The owner of the site never had anything to do with the project, doesn't really know anything about it, and isn't interested. He was providing us with hosting for the web site, but that's it. He no longer wishes to provide us with hosting, and as a result, we don't currently have a website.

The site itself was for progress reports, plus links to some bug fixes. We didn't actually store any of the files we're working on there - we have a CVS repository for that. Lack of a website isn't impeding our work at all, and Kiwegapa's looking into getting us hosted somewhere else.

The bug fixes are still available; they're linked off our forum site. (They're not part of the project per se, just stuff people have run across while working.)

-JdNoa

hm, i tried to download the files like they said in the thread, (copy n paste/save as) but all i get is a broken archive no matter what file i try to download:rolleyes:

wish i had done this earlier...

someone able to send them to me via mail or messenger or whatever? or to host them somewhere else?

Originally posted by FunSolo

hm, i tried to download the files like they said in the thread, (copy n paste/save as) but all i get is a broken archive no matter what file i try to download:rolleyes:

wish i had done this earlier...

someone able to send them to me via mail or messenger or whatever? or to host them somewhere else?

You're right, "save as" isn't working anymore :confused:, but copying the url ("Copy link location" in Firefox / "Copy shortcut" in IE) and pasting it into the... uh... 'URL entry spot at the top of your browser window' works for me.

*sigh* I'll ask Razorfish to stop the redirecting-thing - she's been busy the last few days so I guess she hasn't had time. In the meantime, if copying the URL doesn't work for you, PM me your email address & which files you want and I'll mail them to you.

hm.. seems i did somthin wrong or mispelled somthing while copyin the url, i dunno, but right now it seems to work.

just the 'save as' still wont work.

anyways, good to know its still accessable, even if its not the best way with copyin the adress into the browserthingy..

While the TSL Restoration Project may be having some little problems with finding a host for the moment for their work (which, if they want to e-mail me, I may be able to be of some assistance thereof:-)...I decided that their efforts thus far was, indeed, worthy of a newsbit over at RPGDot/KotORDot - this, of course, being my own report and completely seperate from the reports generated by the Holowan's own mod editor!!

http://www.rpgdot.com/

http://www.rpgdot.com/#39292

http://kotor.rpgdot.com/

Enjoy! *chuckles* I'm still around...

• 1 month later...

Hi im the type of person who only plays a game once.

I am on Dantooine (first plant ive gone to since Telos).

I would say that im pretty much starting out in this game.

I would like to play the game with all the extra content rather than playing through again.

I have every mod available to me, minus this restoration project. I have downloaded and installed every fix from the creators of that site.

Is there a time frame in which this project will be out???

I mean its been what? 3 months or more that you are working on it.

Should I keep waiting? Or will this be something that starts and never gets released?

I dont mean to sound pushy or rude but I have once waited for a similar mod from another group of people on another game who after 5 months of giving updates on their "patch" advised they would no longer complete or release it!! :mad: :mad:

Im just worried that;

1. I will never get to play the game "Restored"

2. I will finish the game before the "Restoration Project" is completed thus ruining the experience!!

I read the updates on the website of the project but to be honest the updates dont make sense to me!

:(:rolleyes:

dude, calm down. breath :o

This Restoration Project will defenetly take time, they know that, we know that. but the end result is what we all strive for.

you continue playing. just use the fixes available, and enjoy.

Why play a game once when theres more than one outcome?

have patience, SUPPORT YOUR RESTORATION EFFORT TEAM, THERE DOING THIS OUT OF THERE OWN TIME.

What dont you understand of the updates and I or someone will try to Enlighten you.

Colma Adawin

Originally posted by Aiden Star

Time frame = when it's done. I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating, but we really can't give an estimate for a few reasons:

-We're all working on this in our spare time, so the amount of time we can put into it keeps changing

-Our list of stuff to do keeps changing. We realize one scene won't make sense unless we change that-over-there, or somebody points out something we missed, or we have to leave out something we wanted to do because it won't work.

-Things we want to do are sometimes unexpectedly difficult. (Or unexpectedly easy, but for some reason that happens less often!)

So we have a variable amount of stuff to do and a variable amount of time to work on it...

Should I keep waiting? Or will this be something that starts and never gets released?

It will get done. We are dedicated and devoted. And busy, *sigh*. As to whether you want to wait, that's entirely up to you.

I read the updates on the website of the project but to be honest the updates dont make sense to me!

...because you haven't played it yet, right. Um. It'd be kind of hard to explain in more detail without spoilers.

Okay thanks people.

Im just worried ill end up waiting for nothing! Just a little worried.

While there are different outcomes, playing through it once will give away too much of the story.

I also tried replies from dark side and light side as a quick test and the replies from the NPC were the same!!!!!

I was most displeased. The replies on most occasions (okay tried it 3-4 times) were the same, with only the light and dark points assigned changing. Beh....

So I will stick to playing through once like one big movie.

Thanks guys for the efforts. I know it takes time, but I was just worried thats all.

I guess I will wait to play the game again when this is all done.

I mean i purchased KOTOR 1 and waited 11 months before playing it! Only because my old pc sucked and I just couldnt get into the game....however tried it 2 weeks ago and now im hooked on Star Wars stuff. :D

Thanks again!

Hi im the type of person who only plays a game once.

:eyeraise:

I would like to play the game with all the extra content rather than playing through again.

We all would. TSL is still a good game without the restoration project, though it definitely will be much better once the restoration project is out.

I have every mod available to me, minus this restoration project.

The restoration project isn't out yet.

It gets annoying when everyone tells you "It'll be done when it's done", so I'll give you a different answer:

It'll be done once it's finished. :D

Yep. THis stuff takes time. Look at the USM.

Should I keep waiting?

Depends. How much do you want the resotration project?

Or will this be something that starts and never gets released?

Out of countless mods I've seen, I've only seen one that was never finished.

I dont mean to sound pushy or rude

I don't mean to sound pushy or rude, but if you want the cut content restored so badly, then do it youself! :mad:

Im just worried that;

If you're only playing the game once, I doubt that's much of a concern with anyone.

1. I will never get to play the game "Restored"

*sighs* I know this may sound like a radical suggestion, but... you can play a game more than once! :eek:

2. I will finish the game before the "Restoration Project" is completed thus ruining the experience!!

When I first played the game completely un-modded, un-restored content, the game was fine... Except for how I started screaming and throwing my controller when I saw the ending.

That's because you haven't finished the game.

To summarize all you've posted, it seems you want the restoration team to hurry up so you can have more fun with a game you're only playing once.

Just so you know, modders make mods for fun, NOT AS A JOB. It's a hobby, which is not something you work on 24/7. Besides, you're only playing the game once, so why would the restoration team hurry up just to accomodate you? in fact, there's no real reason for them to release the restoration project. I mean, what do they get out of it? But they're releasing this mod so other people can have a more enjoyable experiece playing this game. Considering how they're being generous enough to make and release this mod, you should't be telling them to hurry it up.

You know what you could do? Why not play your first game without mods or cheats, and then play it again, a second time, with mods and cheats. The game experience will feel very different, and much better. The KOTOR games have a ton of replay value, and I imagine I have played KOTOR a hundred or so times, and TSL twenty times. I'm not bored with either of them.

Errrrm before chucking a hissy fit, why not read what I wrote.

I didnt ask people to hurry up at all..... I was just wondering if it will actually be released.

:rolleyes:

If it werent for these damn forum rules I would have sliced you in half with my light saber. :D (you claim to be a Sith yet defend people like a Jedi) :p

Errrrm before chucking a hissy fit, why not read what I wrote.

I didnt ask people to hurry up at all..... I was just wondering if it will actually be released.

:rolleyes:

If it werent for these damn forum rules I would have sliced you in half with my light saber. :D (you claim to be a Sith yet defend people like a Jedi) :p

These " Damn" Forum Rules keep you Darksiders in check ;):cool:

< The 'Professed Forum Tyrant' Enters > (you know who you are) ;)

Colma Adawin

Originally posted by BattleDog

Restoration Question: Will any of Dustil's scenes be restored and why has Master Vash been totally cut?

No to Dustil. There is no voicing for Dustil's lines. We are not restoring any lines without voicing, unless (a) it's an alien or T3 speaking so we can use the alien VO, or (b) the character had no voicing in either K1 or K2. (Thus allowing us to maybe do Kaevee as part of the holocron stuff).

Vash again... Many of Vash's lines are specific to the droid planet. We'd have to chop them. And there is no voicing for her later... like, say, at the council meeting... so we'd pretty much have to kill her off immediately anyways. So, yeah, we have no plans to restore Vash.

Archived