Home

TSL Restoration Project: website up!

Force Powers? You mean Force Forms, right?

Well if you were going to restore Vash you could have in the cage, start talking to her and after she's shed light on force bonds you could have a script where the machine fried her, or something.

Just a thought, but I suppose that brings up other problems. Okay, I can see why you wouldn't restore Vash. Sucks though.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for not having posted for a long while but alas some medical treatments can take a long time. :(

I am very happy to see a great, skilled, and dedicated group of members are taking the inititive and fixing what should have already been in the story. If there's anything I can do to help, simply let me know and I'm yours!

Actress Audition for Kaevee the Padawan/Thief

---------------------------------------------

We're looking for someone to voice Kaevee who, according to Gameplay Programmer notes, "...is a tormenting 17 year old that is seriously messed up...".

There are 48 total lines to be voiced. For the audition we'd like 5 sample lines:

• 94074 - My laigreks{LAY-grex}, you've killed them. They're my pets...{She's mourning their loss and the PC has a chance to interject}
    94082 - {Very proud here}I am a padawan. And one day... one day I will learn enough to be a Jedi.
    94085 - But what should I do? {She sounds miserably lost}I just don't know what I should do.
    94098 - {The first line she is searching her memory for something important}I remember now... "Respect all life, in any form." {She sounds slightly horrified}What... What have I done? I'm trying to be a Jedi, but it's so hard with everyone dead.
    94112 - {Way too intense and on edge during this - she's built a crazy morale framework to justify her actions}I am not a thief! People give to the Jedi in exchange for service. They were just giving.

Comments are enclosed in { }. Don't read the number preceding the line (see below for more details).

Requirements:

• - Obviously the first requirement here is that you be female :p
    - Secondly, we ask that you submit good quality audio samples (this is sort of a vague requirement-basically if it sounds iffy to us we'll ask you to try rerecording at a higher quality) in wav format (playable by either Sound Recorder or Miles Audio Player)
    - Third, the lines should be in individual files with the name corresponding to the numbers that we've listed. So for example the file 94074.wav would contain "My laigreks...". In addition we ask you to archive the files (zip, 7z, or rar) and in your email mention the board you're from ("Obsidian", "Gizka", "Holowan" or "KFM" (Kotor Fan Media) and your nickname on the board. Please do not submit from 2 separate boards-one submission is enough. If you're not registered at the boards we encourage you to do so :). If you still don't feel comfortable with it just make sure we can get in touch with you easily through your email address.
    - Fourth, if you post a link to your file on any of the boards we will ignore it. It must be emailed to us at tslrp[ a-t ]team-gizka[d-o-t]org
    - Fifth and finally, you should be able to take coaching - by which we mean re-recording lines if we ask - and not get worked up over it :)

The permanent job posting (ie one that won't get lost in posts) may be found here

Deadline of August 1

Long version of introductory movie is now available in the downloads section of the website.

(Note: Requires a BitTorrent Client. We recommend Arctic.)

[Edit] So we (see: I) have learned 2 things: 1) BitTorrent is indeed very fast and 2) BitTorrent is so fast because it drains your outgoing and incoming data to the point where uploading to PCGM implodes. Version of movie now available here :p

cool, im just in line downloading this movie.

i had to put this game away for a while, cause played this game to often through the whole storry even with mods, so i dont/wont play it now.

but im really lookin forward to this bundle of cut content, that i maybe play the game once more, with the missing stuff u put back in.

anyway, i got a question:

what about the different endings? is there somthin u could tell what you'r tryin or bout to restore? cause i heard there may be 3 or 4 differences, caused by allignment and influence and the decisions ingame, and that for light- and darkside.

how much is left of that in the content? and how much of it can be restored?

From the discription, this looks like it is a modified opening. Within the opening, they added their 'Team' logo. Otherwords, it is a long advertisement for their team.. Impressive.. Most impressive... Downloading now to see what you did...

:bounc5::grnbounc::bounc4:

My friends are here to coach you on!

Originally posted by Aiden Star

I wasnt impressed. :(

And what would you like?

New animations?

Entirely new modules?

A complete Droid Planet?

Complete VOs for all the characters? Sounding just like them?

None of this can be done. And as the Emperor said, don't complain when people don't deliver what you yourself can't.

If you're not impressed, make your own TSL fix.

@Emperor Devon & Darth InSidious

enhance the "calm" guys... we don't need to mob anyone around here... ;)

Aiden Star has a right to his/her opinion just as the rest of us do...

---------------

@Aiden Star

while probably not the best choice of words, alot of times it can hep the modders(s) if you can explain "why"?... also reduces getting flak from us other members :p

I can't speak for the Restoration Team... but I know I'd always like constructive criticism on my mods and how to make them better... :)

While we're all for everyone having their own opinion, I can easily see how yours can be seen as derogatory (even if it wasn't meant as such)....

I dont have to make anything. I come here to download and share my experiences with mods ive used or the game in general.

When people say "why dont YOU make a better mod...bla bla" it is just as non constructive as how you claim my post to be.

*agreed. and they were given a 'cease & decist'

With regards to people saying all I do is criticise people. I have only criticised 2 people. With 22 posts to my name and 2 of them being me stating how I do not warm up to something either shows

1. You didnt read all my posts

2. As I only have 22 posts it seems all I do is complain. 2/22 = I complain 9% of the time. :D

Like I said I criticised 2 people. The first was because their screen shot wasnt clear and it was hurting my eyes trying to see what mod he had made. Sure I said it looked like a kid drew with a crayon, but with a 100X100 screen shot it looked just like that. I wasnt brought up being butterred up. So suck it up. Thats what my dad taught me. :)

This one everyone was ranting on how good it was. Now "it" is the little logo movie. I thought it was a addon movie to the game or something. It was a mandalorian running...then a beast...then that gizka thing. Then a logo. Nothing special, it didnt add to the game in anyway just to advertise the guys making the project. I wasnt impressed. Like It was stated I am entitled to my own opinion. I wasnt impressed and I didnt have to give back any feedback. Thats all the comment I wanted to make.

I am however VERY impressed with the TSL restoration project and commented on it before. My post was not regarding the project but that little logo which wasnt special ...at all...period.

I also was amazed at the work people were doing with regards to their own voice overs to characters which should have been in the game.

So once again, while people got uptight and flamed me, you ended up giving into your dark side ranting on about how I wasnt constructive etc, yet it seemed like me you guys just couldnt handle a little criticism.

Maybe if you cant handle some negative feedback then you should not be modding.

Once again this is my "construcive" feedback and my slightly biased opinion.

Hope the truth doesnt hurt. However I am sure you will heal in due time.

*Doesn't hurt at all. But realize that negative feedback works different than positive feedback in the 'real world'. Good job usually means "so far so good, no need to change anything" to the modder. If (no matter what you're doing) you ever receive negative feedback, then there's obviously steps that should be taken to improve on it... steps that weren't included in the previous post.

Thanks and happy to help.

*Thank you for taking the time to clarify

*=edit by ChAiNz.2da

Originally posted by MdKnightR

Unfortunately, neither was I.

I am not going to question your reasoning, but I still don't get why you guys are disapointed with the video. All it was supposed to be was the advertisement for the restoration project. I, for one, thought it was a good video for their project.

I'll bet you won't be disappointed when the project comes out though ;):D

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

I am not going to question your reasoning, but I still don't get why you guys are disapointed with the video. All it was supposed to be was the advertisement for the restoration project. I, for one, thought it was a good video for their project.

I'll bet you won't be disappointed when the project comes out though ;):D

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the project to be completed! However, the video was very anticlimactic for me. I expected something more.

I think you guys/gals are kewl as all get out for endeavoring to do this :D

I can smell this sucker turning into another "must download" and considering what you all are doing it will be MASSIVELY downloaded.

Keep up the good work guys and gals :thumbsup:

:worship: "We're Not Worthy" -- Wayne & Garth

:ben:

General Kenobi

Thank you

To address a number of issues:

@Aiden & MdKnightR: We fully support your right to dislike anything we put out.

Quite frankly, in the end we're trying to please one group: ourselves. If we fail to please everyone, so be it. It's gonna happen with anything you do.

When you say "scenes" do you mean movies? All the project is intended to do is restore missing elements that were cut before release and that when pieced back together still yield a comprehensible plot (hopefully one moreso than that released)

Archived