Home

TSL Restoration Project: website up!

I hope that the Neverwinter Nights Source Scripts files (*.NSS) will be released with this SW : KotOR II's restoration project...

As far as I know, we will release the source code for scripts we've written or modified as well as the scripts we've translated from byte code when the project is finished. I don't know if we will be doing that for partial release(s) though (namely the HK Factory sidequest).

Good to know... But I think it would be a pity that the HK Factory's source scripts wouldn't be released, because I consider it as a truth and official part of SW : KotOR II.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, great mod! :)

I have two questions, though:

In the GenoHaradan quest, what does Dessicus look like? He doesn't have a unique apperence that I could find in the game files, and it seems like he should. I assume he is an "alien", since I'm not aware of any sound files for him. Could you verify?

and

I was sniffing around in the 800's folders and I noticed several allusions to M4-78 related happenings in Lonna Vash's dialogue. Yet she mentions the "tomb" she was trapped in, which seems to portray that she is on Korriban. However I'm certain that she was intended to be on M4-78, given the ties between her dialogue and IS-24's dialogue. If she is to be restored, how do you intend to work around this?

Originally posted by Command3r

If want a savegame with the droid planet go here

Thanks, I don't need a savegame because I can just warp to the planet or reactivate the travel option in the galaxy map, but I didn't know about that page.

What I was specifically looking into was the remote possibility that the XBox version of the game would have the missing Droid Planet arrival/departure cinematics and area map images, since specific filenames were referenced in the galaxy map script (implying that the cinematics had been created) and the game expects a certain area map image name, since it attempts to load one. Someone who looked into this for us said that s/he could not find anything of that nature, unfortunately.

Originally posted by Leviathan

Good to know... But I think it would be a pity that the HK Factory's source scripts wouldn't be released, because I consider it as a truth and official part of SW : KotOR II.

I probably wasn't being clear... We originally had plans to release an early version the HK Factory first, before the rest of the project. When the rest of the project is released, so would the source (including the the source for the HK Factory). We might just throw in the HK Factory source for kicks, but we haven't really discussed the specifics of packaging yet.

Originally posted by C. Skye

I have two questions, though:

In the GenoHaradan quest, what does Dessicus look like? He doesn't have a unique apperence that I could find in the game files, and it seems like he should. I assume he is an "alien", since I'm not aware of any sound files for him. Could you verify?

Afaik, Dessicus is human, and there are VOs for him.

Originally posted by C. Skye

I was sniffing around in the 800's folders and I noticed several allusions to M4-78 related happenings in Lonna Vash's dialogue. Yet she mentions the "tomb" she was trapped in, which seems to portray that she is on Korriban. However I'm certain that she was intended to be on M4-78, given the ties between her dialogue and IS-24's dialogue. If she is to be restored, how do you intend to work around this?

We have not yet decided whether or not to take on the task of reconstructing the Droid Planet. In and of itself, the task wouldn't be a restoration, because there is not enough material to make it such; A lot would have to be fabricated - made from scratch, so to speak.

I probably wasn't being clear... We originally had plans to release an early version the HK Factory first, before the rest of the project. When the rest of the project is released, so would the source (including the the source for the HK Factory). We might just throw in the HK Factory source for kicks, but we haven't really discussed the specifics of packaging yet.

That seems more clearly for me, now...

Thanks for all the precise details !...

Fantastic!!

If you can pull this off you should reward yourself with a six pack of smooth malt beverage baby.

:wid::cheers:

I was hoping there was enuf unfinished material and enuf good (crazy ;)) people to work on this.

Since one of the biggest bugs / unfinished elements in the game is how underwhelmingly easy it is (i.e. Darth Nihilus)...I highly and humbly recommend you incorporate (or at least be open working out any incompatibilities with) one of the game balance mods.

Personally I'd suggest Beancounter's Hardcore mod, but anything would be better than the anticlimactic two-round boss battles that plague the game.

If you need a beta tester, let me know. Though like most people, I'd rather selfishly wait for a finished product and experience it for the first time by replaying the game as it was meant to be. (a.k.a. what we all paid for!)

Best of luck!

:D :D

Originally posted by DarthSilius

Since one of the biggest bugs / unfinished elements in the game is how underwhelmingly easy it is (i.e. Darth Nihilus)...

Rebalancing Nihilus is more of a tweak than a restoration, so that issue in itself won't be resolved for the Nihilus confrontation by the TSLRP.

I highly and humbly recommend you incorporate (or at least be open working out any incompatibilities with) one of the game balance mods.

As far as I know, the TSLRP doesn't and will not likely have any overlapping changed files with a rebalance mod (so far, Beancounter's Hardcore Mod is in the clear).

Best of luck!

:D :D

It took us a few hours more than expected, but our second WIP update is now in place.

I hope you enjoy this. I'm starting to look forward to the finished project as much as the rest of you. ;)

We do not have a set date for our next WIP update, but if all goes well and the terrors of Real Life do not intrude, we'll try for two weeks from now. If we get ahead or behind, we'll post and let everyone know.

I am impressed. This'll really be awesome to play though once released.

How's the bug hunt going with it too? So many restored features surely must require testing.

What's the compatibility with mods like? I'm curious as to whether we can still include mods plug in and play, or if they'd have to be worked into some of the new files and restored content...

We seem to be staying atop the bugs for any new changes, and every so often we find and fix an existing game bug.

We will be testing thoroughly for bugs and as extensively as we can manage for mod compatibility once the Restoration mod gets closer to completion.

Originally posted by Kiwegapa

We seem to be staying atop the bugs for any new changes, and every so often we find and fix an existing game bug.

Now that is GREAT hear. This mod keeps getting better and better. As if it wasn't great to begin with!!!!

Good luck to you!!!

EDIT: although the patch did fix some things, I'm ready to see what you guys fixed. Even though that was not you primary goal, I'm sure you fixed something. Cheers!!

I just had to say I'm really looking foward to this patch.

I have a couple of questions about it though.

After the actual end game there are apparently several different sequences.

Visas/Handmaiden if you're male and the Atton sequence if your female and he's still alive. So here's my question:

If you add these sequences could you have it so that they both play no matter the PC gender. The Atton sequence right at the end, from the script I've read, really seems to be universal and the other one is also really important and I'm sure you could make it work for both genders.

Originally posted by BattleDog

If you add these sequences could you have it so that they both play no matter the PC gender. The Atton sequence right at the end, from the script I've read, really seems to be universal and the other one is also really important and I'm sure you could make it work for both genders.

Could it be done? Yes. WIll we do so? Likely not. The idea behind the mutiple endings is to provide a unique experience depending on how you chose to play the game (or as is so often the case, how you chose to modify your save game :) ).

Archived