Home

Xbox 360???

Acrylic

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by VikingLarz

I thought the next Xbox was going to be called Xenon. Or am I behind on this information?

You must have prolly heard that at the GameSpot poll or something. Xenon, as far as I know was an Intel processor for laptops and such. Xenon does sound good, but it would ruin the whole "X-Box" franchise name.

Originally posted by Acrylic

Well, of course it's gonna be metallic and have holes. I mean, for God's sake, that thing's (going to be) powerful. It'll need a way to get rid of all the heat.

Actually, this time around everthing is rumored to be in reverse. In the current console generation Xbox is the strongest, GCN is in the middle, and PS2 is weakest. But now, the PS3 is rumored to be stronger, the GCN will be in the middle, and the Xbox360 will be the weakest console. Not trying to bash, just stating a general fact.

Better I'd say. Like I said before, this madden looks no different than the one before it which claimed "amazingly realistic graphics".

Yeah, I looked at the shots expecting something awesome, yet I found... the same old, same old. Im not saying they are bad, but.. I have seen better.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Yeah, I looked at the shots expecting something awesome, yet I found... the same old, same old. Im not saying they are bad, but.. I have seen better.

We talking about Madden '06 or madden next-gen?

Cause Madden Next-Gen looks freakin' amazing.

Originally posted by Sabretooth

Here's what you can do to make that horrible X-360 design look better:

Change the primary colour to black

add more curves, but don't make it round

place an X somewhere in the design

Make a glowing green light around every button

no holes, use Liquid Cooling

that's all for now

Color: Different colors, black, white, silver, and lime green

Curves: Looks good to me

X: Bah

Lights: Sounds cool

Holes: If you want it larger and pay an extra $100, go ahead and make it happen.

TiE

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Actually, this time around everthing is rumored to be in reverse. In the current console generation Xbox is the strongest, GCN is in the middle, and PS2 is weakest. But now, the PS3 is rumored to be stronger, the GCN will be in the middle, and the Xbox360 will be the weakest console. Not trying to bash, just stating a general fact.

Well, most powerful or not, it will most definately be very powerful, and capable of many things, as will the PS3. I can't speak for the Revolution though, since I know nothing about it.

But, I'm sure the PS3 and Xbox360 will have holes, since you're putting a whole bunch of power (Hell, it may be more powerful than my [then] $3,000 computer) in a really small space. It's bound to overheat. So fans, holes, anything would help.

EDIT:

Originally posted by Tokarev

Liquid cooling will just drive up the cost and like ET said, who cares about how it looks... I just want something functional.

I care about how it looks. You want something that looks nice in your home. Luckily, I'm in the minority that thinks this is a great design. So, I wouldn't mind it looking like this.

this was from ICON in the Sydney Morning Herald (An Australian Newspaper)

Microsoft is unveiling its next console believed to be called Xbox 360, in a pay TV special on May 12. THe program, called the Next Generation Xbox revealed, will be screened at 7pm on Foxtel's MTV channel and will include video clips of upcoming games and insider footage on the making of the highly anticipated system.

Originally posted by Sabretooth

You must have prolly heard that at the GameSpot poll or something. Xenon, as far as I know was an Intel processor for laptops and such. Xenon does sound good, but it would ruin the whole "X-Box" franchise name.

Intel uses Xeon for their server chips, with a truckload of on die L2 Cache.

Centrino was the name for the laptop chip.

As for XBOX360, as long as it's backwards compatible, then I am all for it. Got a good collection of games already - don't want to have to put 2 consoles in the loungeroom

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

As for XBOX360, as long as it's backwards compatible, then I am all for it. Got a good collection of games already - don't want to have to put 2 consoles in the loungeroom

Not to mention I want to have a bit more room, as the original Xbox is kinda huge...

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

I would prefer it to not be backwards compatible. I would just as soon take out the old console if I wanted to play any of the games for it.

Originally posted by the_raven_03

I would prefer it to not be backwards compatible. I would just as soon take out the old console if I wanted to play any of the games for it.

If it were backwards compatible, normal Xbox games would load a lot faster. And that would be great.

I heard they couldn't make it backwards compatible.... unless that has changed recently.

Back Compat is a great idea (and really helped the PS2 imho) as a lot of people like to trade in their old consoles to take the edge of the cost of a new one... and don't want to end up with loads of useless games they have to sell. Or 100s of consoles under their tv ;)

Nintendo should just go the whole hog and make the revolution a total NES/SNES/N64 emulator. You can get every NES/SNES/N64 game ever made on one disc these days... modders will hack it to do that anyway (like my xbox) so why not make it a "feature"????

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000490042605/

Apparantly, someone took a camera phone and took a picture of the Xbox 360.

Now, I thought this was going t be really nice looking, but for God's sake, I think this thing looks bad now.

Not to mention the controller looks like ****.

Ugh, thanks for totally disappointing me microsoft.:(

(but who knows, they may change the look after E3, like Nintendo did with the DS.)

EDIT: Now that I look at it more, it's starting to grow on me a bit. I think that we need to see a clearer picture than the one provided to be able to fully judge it.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000490042605/

Apparantly, someone took a camera phone and took a picture of the Xbox 360.

Now, I thought this was going t be really nice looking, but for God's sake, I think this thing looks bad now.

Not to mention the controller looks like ****.

Ugh, thanks for totally disappointing me microsoft.:(

(but who knows, they may change the look after E3, like Nintendo did with the DS.)

EDIT: Now that I look at it more, it's starting to grow on me a bit. I think that we need to see a clearer picture than the one provided to be able to fully judge it.

Looks pretty good actually, kinda looks like a computer on the subway diet.

I see the disk drive looks alot darker than in the first picture that was leaked.

It's also alot fatter than I imagined.

Originally posted by IG-64

I see the disk drive looks alot darker than in the first picture that was leaked.

Well, it's the lighting.

I heard its actually supposed to have a brushed metal look, and not be white.

But who knows, May 12th is soon. We'll know for sure then.

Sorry for the double post, but I think this deserves a new "reply"

New pictures!

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000040042613/

Supposedly the Xbox 360 Media Center Remote

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000200042615/

and the controller

Now, I like the controller.

It looks better than the one in the live shot.

Though, I wish the D-pad was white

The whole sphere with an x on it idea is kinda cool...

WOOT!

EDIT: Supposedly, the sphere is supposed to be some kind of new button. Maybe not, maybe it's just the logo, but I wouldn't doubt it if it was some kind of trackwheel, hence the name "360".

EDIT: Supposedly, the sphere is supposed to be some kind of new button. Maybe not, maybe it's just the logo, but I wouldn't doubt it if it was some kind of trackwheel, hence the name "360".

Yeah, that's what it looks like, it's got 4 arrows around it.

Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

controller doesnt look that aesthetically appealling, and it looks like its chunky as ever.

This sphere sounds interesting, but i wonder why they put up between the start and select button, its hard enuf to reach all the buttons and pads as it is..

Originally posted by abespam

controller doesnt look that aesthetically appealling, and it looks like its chunky as ever.

This sphere sounds interesting, but i wonder why they put up between the start and select button, its hard enuf to reach all the buttons and pads as it is..

I hope you are talking about the original Xbox controller, cause the Conrtoller S is by far the best controller for any console ever.

TiE

God it looks sweet :D

I am one of the 2 percent of people in the world that actually prefers the gigantic hamburger launch controller. It just fit my hands so well. And you know what the say about big hands right?...cause I sure as hell don't >.> <.<

Archived