Acrylic

Originally posted by KBell

Whoa, i was reading that and im like "IG IS SMART???" :eek:

Way to dissapoint me IG :rolleyes::p

Why does everyone always say that?

Am I really that stupid?

Am I really that unfunny?

I wonder sometimes.

I know you're joking, but I'm starting to see a trend in jokes pointed at me.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by abespam

so "Multiplayer online game play" is only for gold (paying) service not for silver (free).. that sucks.. why else would u want xbox live..

...I thought "Xbox Live Online Game Play" was a different category"....

EDIT: Nope its not.

Will XBOX LIVE Gold be the same price as the curent Live? Because if It is I'm not gonna splurge for a new comp. I'll just by this:D

"amazing" in a "these suck" kind of way? ;)

Rule 147-4: Multinational corporations can never produce "down with the kids" style custom jobs that don't look sad.

That said, once people start making their own they will probably rock.

I didn't watch the MTV thing (what with not being in the US or having sattelite, etc..) but it doesn't seem to have got good reviews on the internet. Though tycho at penny arcade is probably right when he says we weren't the audience an infomercial on mtv was aimed at.

Suprisingly, almost every comment i've read about it has said the system looks sound, but has been unimpressed with the games. (both in terms of the level of graphical improvement and the lack of "new ideas".)

eg: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6124293/p-7.html

I think they may have a point.

PS/ Is it me or is Perfect Dark Zero looking like a poor ps2 game at this point? I sure hope it looks better than that by the time it comes out, as its the only game announced so far that might be a system seller for me.

Originally posted by Mike Windu

Completely lame once you consider the fact that only the FACE PANEL is customizable and the rest of it will remain white. :p

My black Xbox is now chrome orange, because I got a skin, not all hope is lost Mike.

TiE

Well: Here is some good news!

From IGN.com

When asked about this issue our source replied that the current playable 360 games would all have framerate issues due to the fact that they are running on alpha test units. A rough estimate placed these machines at about one-third as powerful as the 360. We went head-to-head in Top Spin 2 and noticed that there were visible jaggies and a few frame drops. This is because the Alpha units do not run anti-aliasing and simply don't have the power to run a high-res game at full quality. The developers had tuned Top Spin 2 to run at a smooth 60 frames per second but this was simply not possible on the Alpha hardware. Official sources place the final development kit dates for July and the results promise to look much better.

Link

Woohoo!! :D

TiE

There is speculation around that they are going to charge a fair ammount for the xbox 360 when it first comes out.

It will be so far ahead of the others that they will have the early adopter market to themselves, so they may well charge a premium for a while, then wait until the others are about to come out before cutting prices.

Didn't the xbox come out at a really high price initially, then get cut almost immediately?

Me? Like with this generation i'll probably wait 6 months or more, until i can buy them at half the price, and buy all the good games on the budget brand. :D

I'm cheap...

[edit]Spec Comparisson between PS3 and XBOX 360 with comments from developers here: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2005/05/18/ps3_and_360_battle_it_out_in_the_specs_department_what_in_the_world_do_they_mean.html#more

Originally posted by TiE 23

PS3 looks more powerful, but lacks many features the Xbox 360 seems to include:

Click

TiE

Sony could always choose to add features like that later, but meh.

Sony has got some sweet things with the eye toy, because there were two cups that used eye toy technology, and they could integrate that in a game in real time. On screen was a tub full of water, and they were taking the cups into the tub, and "picking up" water in real time, and throwing the water into another cup. Also, there was some awesome physics things going on.

But meh, I'll end up getting all 3 eventually, so I'll ahve the power (and sexiness) of the PS3, the multimedia and Halo-ness of the Xbox360, and the Revolutionary aspects of the Revolution.

Sucks for all you that are only getting one! :p

Wow. This console will sell very well for all those who are already Xbox fans. But will it attract those who are sticking with Nintendo and Sony? Nope. Not at all. Sony has powerful technology behind it and Nintendo has a diehard fan following.

The console design is aright. I don't really care about what the consoles actually look like, I'm more interesting in the controllers. From what I have seen of the Xbox360 controller, I can say that the design over the Xbox controllers has risen in quality dramatically. It looks very comfortable, and has all the buttons in the places you would expect them to be. It's a very "traditional" setup and you can't really complain about it.

It's nice that part of Live is free... but it's not all free, and to access the things of worth you will need to pay... Like I said before, many people who have aligned themselves with Microsoft will go for this system, but mark my words, the people who aren't aligning themselves with the 360 will stick with the PS2 and GCN, and the support for the first Xbox will fade away due to the fact that Microsoft will no longer manufacter them, but will support them for as long as its deemed necessary.

My advice to Microsoft is to find ways to cut costs, or suffer more losses like they did with the first Xbox, because they're not going to suddenly get all the support just because they launched first. They will have to fight for every user, and with Sony and Nintendo doing what they do best, it's going to be a very difficult uphill battle for Microsoft in the next generation just as it has been for this generation.

Even if I had Master Chief as my avatar and sig instead of Link, I would still have to say that Microsoft has a lot to be worried about. They made NO profit with this generation despite the great success of the Halo series and the fact that they're in 2nd place in the console race. It will be MUCH harder next generation... but like I keep saying. The Xbox360 will please those who are already fans of the Xbox.

i think xboxes are supposed to start making a profit around the end of 2007... but its not as if MS can't afford to take a hit for a few years to undermine the opposition is it? After all, they do it all the time.

The 360 controller looks like a cheap version of the existing xbox controller. Moving the B&W buttons to the shoulders is probably a good idea, but other than that it hasn't changed much, except the build quality looks worse.

Still, the xbox had the best controller this generation anyway, so i dunno why they would change it much.

[edit]

xbox development system?

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/xbox/e3-xbox-360-live-demos-running-on-powermac-g5-104295.php

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived