Home

Is it really that bad?

urluckyday

I've heard more bad than good about the new combat upgrade. What is really so bad about it? I mean, I'm thinking about SW Galaxies, but if it is now a terrible game because of the CU, I'll just get WoW. If it is so bad, what is being done to change it, if anything, and how soon will it be changed (if ever)?

THANKS

And a lot of people were melee because it was generally superior to ranged. I went TKM once, but it just didn't feel right. Especially while watching myself do all that fancy spinning about in the heaviest armour available.

That said, I miss being able to meditate at my Sith holocron shrine.

Originally posted by legowar

So, if I wanted to be something like a stormtrooper, would it still be ok, or is that a melee?

Stormtrooper is not a profession, you can be any combat profession(or atleast you used to be able to, dunno about it now) and wear ST armor, generaly you saw Stromtrooper people as Rifleman or another ranged profession, which makes sence

Combat professions and Imperial armour...

First off, mere marksmen can no longer wear armour. Though they may be able to use personal shield generators, dunno about that. In any case, you need an elite combat profession to wear armour.

Pistoleers and Riflemen can wear scout trooper armour. This is fine, because its the sexiest armour in the game anyway. :p Carbineers wear standard stormtrooper battle armour. I think the elite melee professions all use assault armour, though there might be some battle armour in there somewhere.

Oh, you have to be either a combatant or special forces to wear faction stuff at all. If you're on leave you can't put it on. Combatant means you can attack/be attacked by rebel NPCs, special forces are pvp players. The good thing is, faction armour is worth wearing in stuff like pvp now.

what i know of the armor:

Pistoleer

Rifleman

Smuggler

squad leader

all wear recon armor. scout armor

Caribaneer

Swordsman

all wear battle armor

Bounty Hunter

Pikeman (i think)

wear assault armor