Home

The Revenge Of The "what If" Thread

Originally posted by REDJOHNNYMIKE

I personally think all the lightsaber duels could use some work:D

There should be more martial arts, wrestling, and athletics in the fighting, more than simply swinging sabers and using force powers.

Lucas would roll over if he read that...lol I've read him defending that topic viciously.

I agree with ya totally though bud. ;) I personally thought Dooku and Anakin's final battle with Kenobi out of the fight was very unrealistic. If you watch close you can see Dooku actually leaning forward and holding his saber very "oddly." Before Anakin even chopped em' off you could tell it was coming. Well unless there was someone behind Tyrannus with a paddle going to punish him :D

DM

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, that's why I liked the OT. Force powers rare, but when used were appropriate. Less twirling around like a ballerina, and more realism. I hated how they Jedi in the PT kept spinning around every couple of seconds. Watch Vader in the OT. He spins only once or twice in the ESB duel, and that's 'cause he swings at Luke and misses. At that point it's better to let your built-up momentum carry you around the rest of the way.

In the ESB duel, Vader and Luke actually get into a grapple once or twice, which usually ends with Vader throwing Luke to the ground. :p

Got one more SW related: Lightsaber or Blaster?

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

George says this:

"170,000 years ago, in the Vordarian Beltway Galaxy, 850 trillion light years from our Milky Way Galaxy"

That's when it all went down ;)

DM

Wouldnt that make the star wars setting older than the universe itself?

*puts back on geek cap*

there is no scientific proof of that it is just a guess and all carbon dating the oldest dinorsaur bones sets them about 55,000 years ago so you get conflicting information about how old any thing really is.

*takes back off geek cap and puts it in a safe and closes the door*

what if mac gyver never took physics?

Normally I'd EDIT my original post BUT just wanted to post this so everyone would get it.

Disregard my post up there as it was based off a bad information site. Sorry about that

What if MacGuver never took that class? OMG the world would not be the same. Well that and my best friends brother (when we were kids) would have never fallen into those "MacGuver" traps we set for him...lol The reprocussions :eek: ...lol

yeaah an' he woulda used imported european socks soaked in french wine as gizmo activators:D

And would have duct taped steel drums to compressed gas bottles and sang reggae as he fired them at the bad guys:D

"Lucas would roll over if he read that...lol I've read him defending that topic viciously.

I agree with ya totally though bud"

Thanks, I'm not agreed with very often (what happens when ya go agin the grain)

But I just saw a preview for the new "Transporter" movie, and I was thinking,

Imagine a Jedi with a fighting style that is a mix of the Transporter guy's style and Jason Bourne's style, that Jedi would OWN all in his path:cool:

Oh and if there was a KotOR movie "the driver" should play Revan, or maybe canderous:cool:

YUP the dude's back (although I think the whole Idea is he's got to get a kid who was napped after some lady wasted his talents by hiring him to pick up his kids from school) although, I didn't see the girl from the first one in it:(

It's one of my favorites, like I said^^^ he has a fighting style that would be awesome in SW:cool:

Do you think that Bourne's style would fit in star wars as well?

I'm getting sick of spinning around in circles and dancing with lightsabers:p

OOOOOOH, what if some galactic Force phenomenon caused Jedi and Sith to temporarily lose their force and lightsabers

(kreia discussed something along these lines, the whole what is a jedi without the force thing) Do you think they would adopt more powerful, quick and damaging martial arts and brawling skills?:cool:

Originally posted by Aash Li

SW shields can be used to encompass the ship as well as be angled. Their ships are like 100 times larger than borg cubes. Im sure it would take a very long time for the borg to take over such a ship. And SW ships probly have several redundant systems to keep the ship running incase something happens to one of them.

Agreed and we see just how powerful and "hard core" the ships of Star Wars really is.

When Anakin Sidious and Kenobi were on Grevious' now former ship and it was crashing, it also literally broke in half and they could still control it's decent to some degree.

^^^ Dont you mean is? Just seems odd saying it in past tense for some reason.

She was in the jedi battle in Geonosis, in episode 2. dont know if she ever showed up in episode 3 or not... maybe GL in all his infinite wisdom decided he didnt like her as a character... >_>

And yes, thats the one were talking about in the other thread. ^_^

But theres no mention of her in the movie (3). There jedi that were just introducted in that episode that got killed off, but no Shaak Ti...

*continues to delude herself*

I can see it now, spinoff about her surviving in the Empire Era, until she returns to Shili to die of old age. hehe.

Oh just shut up! lol Let me have my fantasy. Star Wars.com says she ws killed in the jedi purge, that makes it canon... I know, but Im allowed my fantasies. :p :p

An event like what? The site says simply (I think) that she was killed in the purge, it doesnt say where she was killed.

Edit: Just looked, it doesnt even say she was killed, unlike all the other jedi pages. hehe.

Archived