Home

Knock-out Ending!

Alphanaut64

I wasn't shocked by the ending, but a few things threw me off. You see the Empire already built up and the Death Star being constructed before Luke/Leia are even delivered, if they switched that around then you could of said it was a look into the future, but as it was it just didn't make sence. Vadar yelling "nooooooo" was just hilarious.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow! I never thought I would meet someone who has never seen the Original Star Wars... First, Welcome to the forums. Second, Obi-Wan in Episode IV explains the backstory to Luke's father. Since the original movies have been out for 20 years, no one was shocked about the ending... If you were a Star Wars fan for those 20 years, then there were almost no surprises.

Either way, your question is very welcomed... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was not surprised by the ending, since the trailers nearly revealed all of the plot twists in the story, and the other five movies give a good hint at what was going to happen anyway.

I was more interrested in how Anakin became Vader, how the Jedi fell, and how the Empire was formed.

I like the NNNNOOOOOOs personally, in all of the movies.

Also, about the Death Star... I know in ANH, Vader says something about seeing what the Death Star's power could really do or something, but was it really just completed so soon prior to ANH? Has anyone ever thought about the fact maybe it had been built even a century before ANH, but they'd just never attempted, or never successfully attempted, blowing up a planet? There's probably like one line in the movie that says it had just been completed that someone will point out to prove me wrong, but if so I don't remember it... then again, I think I do remember somebody saying "The Death Star is nearing completion," but I'm not 100% positive.

Archived