Home

Developer for KOTOR 3

THE VIGILANTE

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd say obsidian as well. lucasarts pushed them to get the game out before they were ready, so the end was pretty crap. but look at the rest of the game! act 1 (peragus to telos) was good. act 2 (dantooine, nar shaddaa, onderon/dxun, korriban)... wait, except korriban... was awesome. so we know what obsidian can do if they have enough time

I would love to see Bioware do it, but they seem to be focused on developing their own properties. I wouldn't mind seeing Obsidian do it, as long as they're given the time they need to do the job. As for a Bioware/Obsidian collaboration, I don't see it happening, but it could definitely work. Heck, Baldur's Gate & BG2 were the standard RPG's were measured by for years, and they were Bioware/Black Isle (pre-cursor to Obsidian) collaborations.

• 4 weeks later...

You should have put a poll up for this but I think Obsidan should do it, if they were given the time that was truly intented it would have been a kik ass game but still with out it the fun part of the game is everytime you play the game something diffrent happens like you can search deeper into the lives of your part members and stuff a new experince everytime lol so I think it should be Obsidan and with TSLRP mod almost done you have to admit Obsidan had good ideas

What about ActiVision? They dev'ed Armada II, and it was a good game.

I just hope it isn't done by Big Ape...

Keep in mind that KOTOR isn't a Strategy. So it is doubtful that someone would hire an experienced Strategy developer to make an RPG.

Or if they do hire them, then they have decieded to mix genres.

I think 'we' are save as long as Obsidian or Bioware makes it. They noth know how to work with the engine, and they both have original ideas.

In my opinion, Bioware should make it, but i know they won't.

See it this way: At least EA doesn't make it :p

I think 'we' are save as long as Obsidian or Bioware makes it. They noth know how to work with the engine, and they both have original ideas.

I know. But still I think that by combining the ideas from both developers, could end up with excellent results and little flaws to worry about. So I think that they should both make it to increase the quality of the thing.

And I also wish them both to make it, so that they could BURY Galaxies forever. :xp:

See it this way: At least EA doesn't make it :p

* Puts hand at the place where his heart is... *

Thank you fate!

What is Galaxies? :p

Off course you are right. The two teams combined could create a fantastic game. The only thing i don't like, is that they develop Kotor for the Bill-Box first, then port it too PC.

I don't want to be arrogant or something, but i have a top-notch grapics card.

I can Play Fear, HL2 etc all on the highest, but Kotor won't allow it.

I think that's because of the X-Box.

The only thing i don't like, is that they develop Kotor for the Bill-Box first, then port it too PC.

I don't like that either. Because that's how we got screwed over for James Bond games, making awsome Bond games with vehicle driving, sneaking and interaction. While leaving the PC players with a boring FPS. :¬:

I think that's because of the X-Box.

Don't forget, that we also get:

Short storyline (not really that bad, but still...)

Bad animations

Small areas

No enough enemies

Not enough developed characters (case with KOTOR 2, which could have been avoided if the bad managers at Lucas Arts didn't rush the game to realese it at the same time as Revenge of the Sith :¬: )

And it's all because of the X-Box.

... Which uses a Geforce 3 graphpics card that is today, according to the standards, one of the poorest tools to create games with.

(Heh, heh! I hope that Bill will be able to afford a Geforce 4 if he sells enough X-Boxes :p)

Bioware has a way of doing things.

Obsidian has a different way of doing things.

Bioware + Obsidian = Not good

If I learnt anything in life... It is the fact that has held our world from turning into dust a long time ago because of different points of view. If those two, tried to battle each other to see whose way of doing things are they going to use, that would never work. We all can't have same opinions, nor can any of us give up occasional fighting; but we can agree and work together if we do. Bioware and Obisdian, if they work together, don't need to battle each others way of thinking, they can make a new, better and common way of thinking together by combining the good aspects from their both points of view. There would be arguing and there would be disagreement, but if either of them loosened when requiered, it would work out.

So I believe, that by combining both of them, we will get one of the best results possible for any game. So that's what I had to say...

that's how we got screwed over for James Bond games, making awsome Bond games with vehicle driving, sneaking and interaction. While leaving the PC players with a boring FPS.

Don't Forget Halo, who's release to PC was delayed so that it could be the signature X-Box game

And PC gamers get screwed other ways too. Like Best Buy reducing the number of pc games it carries.

• 2 weeks later...

Having played KOTOR and TSL and experiencing both Bioware and Obsidian, it is my opinion as a Jedi to conclude that both should get together and create KOTOR 3. Obsidian added new things and Bioware created a great reality for the game setting. That is my opinion and my HK-47 unit agrees.

Statement: Bioware and Obsidian rock :yobi:

• 1 month later...

I voted for ArenaNet, developer of Guild Wars.

If not, then I want BioWare/Obsidian made the story but using Half-Life 2 3D engine. No, I'm not talking about Troika's Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines. I'm talking about the graphic engine, so it still the Kotor we love with all of its D20 rules and combat system, but the 3D engine uses Valve's HL2.

Imagine Unknown Planet map built using HL2 engine. *drool*

Doom3 engine is a big no no.

Having played KOTOR and TSL and experiencing both Bioware and Obsidian, it is my opinion as a Jedi to conclude that both should get together and create KOTOR 3. Obsidian added new things and Bioware created a great reality for the game setting. That is my opinion and my HK-47 unit agrees.

Statement: Bioware and Obsidian rock :yobi:

I don't know that this would work as well as everyone would like. In the ideal world, this would do well. However, in any business, someone has to have the final responsibility, and that means one company has to have the final say over something. Also, I don't think LA wants to pay 2 companies when it can pay just one. They want to make money, too. I'm not saying that one company can't consult the other for help, but only one company can ultimately carry the ball.

I'm with many others here--I'd rather have a good game than a rushed game. If we can wait 3 years for a movie, we can wait for a good game, too. :)

Archived