Home

Combat Arena (WIP?)

stoffe

Where are the dlg files?

Because I'm a german and have the german version of TSL and without converting the dlg files I can't read the dialogs.

They are packed inside the st_arena.mod file. I had forgotten about that since I have the english version of the game. Sorry about that.

If you have KotORTool you should be able to extract the dialog files with it. It should be found under...

ERFs --> Modules --> st_arena.mod --> S

The files are:

st_arenacontrol.dlg

st_arenamon.dlg

st_dealerdlg.dlg

st_floatmsg.dlg

st_healerdlg.dlg

st_huttdlg.dlg

st_spectator.dlg

st_trayataunt.dlg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How hard it would be on the Hack pad part you'll have to ask ChAiNz.2da since I have no idea.

Hey GK,

Quite easy actually... all it would require is to add another dialogue node that launches the same impact script that stoffe's armband uses ;)

However, I'll wait for stoffe to be comfortable with the Arena mod version before I go and start asking to "assimilate" everyone's mods :xp:

It's quite an easy thing to do if you've done any type of .dlg editing if you wanted to go ahead and add it to your copy :)

Anywho, this mod is fantastic stoffe! I'm loving every minute (and arse kicking) of it :D

~

The droid group you fight for the Hutt? What level was your character, and do you have any mod installed that uses a autobalance.2da in your override?

Well my character was at level 24 (ONLY Scout class) and I had Jedified the Handmaiden and Visas in my party, but I did mess with my autobalance by flatting every number to 1.00 except the damage multiplier, which is 0.25 and the opponent level which progresses from 1.10 to 1.20 to 1.30 to 1.40 to 1.50...

Why do you want to go into the arena during a spectator match? Doesn't seem to safe to let spectators in where grenades, force powers and blaster bolts are flying around. And if it's on one of the matches you can bet on you could interfere with the fight to tilt odds in your favor. :)

Yep!!! ^__^

EXACTLY!!!

(Maybe when you defeat every level of the battle arena the Hutt would give you a key to 'help' the match...)

~

One word WOW!

I must say this is a very fine MOD Stoffe :D This is a must download indeed. :thumbsup: from the very cool notion of earning much needed money in the battle arena. The Battle between you and 50 Sith is hard as heck but winable so I love it :D

QUESTION:???

What is option 5 DEBUG: Reset all contest tiers.

I didn't wanna mess with it since I figured it would most likely reset me back down to the start of my progression.

The area itself "feels" very good as you are going up to talk to Ajuur The Hutt doing your battles. The area looks very cool with the fountain/plant atmosphere and really mixes up the feel of the level. It doesn't feel to me like what it normally does in game. Especially with all of the variety of options you've provided us here.

Kreia was MUCH harder with a level 35 character this time and she ROCKED :D

The rest of the MOD seems really well put together so far Stoffe :D My goodness you've made a completely new area for us to go to at our command! Great job there.

Put together all of the very kewl stuff you added in as great detail like a healer and all is just wonderful.

I say polished, cleaned, primped and primed for release to the general public :thumbsup:

This will most definately be a "Staff Pick" over at PCgameMODS if that's where you decide to end up hosting it at :D

Again

GREAT JOB!!!

What is option 5 DEBUG: Reset all contest tiers.

I didn't wanna mess with it since I figured it would most likely reset me back down to the start of my progression.

It's just a temporary node I added for debugging purposes. It will reset both the fight contests and betting matches for the Hutt, allowing you to start over from the beginning without reloading a savegame. I use it when I try to balance the betting match opponents, and left it in for concenience for others helping out so the Hutt's matches can be tested more than once.

Kreia was MUCH harder with a level 35 character this time and she ROCKED :D

Since they scale up with your level, the enemies tend to become more difficult the higher level you are. But she was still not completely impossible to beat I hope?

Speaking of which, were the special abilities of the Sith/Jedi "bosses" balanced, adding an extra challenge and surprise, or were they over the top, in your opinion? Or are they even noticable? :) In case they aren't, they are:

Darth Traya - Deception, renders herself invisible for about 14 seconds when she hits 65% health. Lightsaber telekinesis, triple-wields lightsabers through the force when she reaches 35% health. Uses Force Crush on occasion. Uses the Force Potency form.

Darth Sion - Fully regenerates his health 4 times before he can be killed. Uses Master Fury on occasion.

Darth Nihilus - "Deadly Presence", passive aura automatically leeching 8 Vitality and Force Points off all enemies within 6 meters every 6 seconds.

Bastila - Uses Master Battle Meditation

Master Vandar - Two bonus attacks/round, improved blaster deflection, uses Ataru saber form.

Other Jedi Masters - uses one of the Force or Saber Forms.

I say polished, cleaned, primped and primed for release to the general public :thumbsup:

If everything seems balanced and there are no serious bugs, there are a few minor things that needs polishing up a bit, and I'll need to clean out a load of unused junk from the module file, before it's ready for release. But that shouldn't take too long to do. Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

By the way, does anyone have any ideas for something meaningful to put in the two small rooms off the spectator galleries? They are currently empty except for a few lootable lockers.

Thanks for the feedback General, I appreciate that you have taken time to help me test this thing. :emodanc:

Not at all Stoffe it was my pleasure :D You've always been more than helpful to me so I'll always return the favor ;) It's good to have us fellow modder buddies stickin' together :D

I sure did notice the "new effects" and such from the lords & others. I love it that I was fighting Kreia, I looked at the TV I looked back and she was GONE!!! but still kickin' my arse :D

I will admit in the end though NO ONE is a match for Force Chain Lightning :thumbsup:

How about for the two rooms having a Pazaak den in one and a pod racing shop in the other??? Sorta like a bar or cantina would have :D Just a thought OR how about a Kolto regeneration area with a med lab bench and such. Maybe even a Selkath or the like as an attendant. Just another thought ;)

I can't wait to get the final copy once your finished :D

:ben:

General Kenobi

I've uploaded the (hopefully) final test version here. I've cleaned away most ununsed junk, fixed some bugs, polished the area up a bit, made some minor AI adjustments and added some new opponents in a few places. Hopefully without causing any more bugs. :)

If I don't discover (or hear about) any problems and nobody has anything to say about the strength level and balancing of opponents in a day or two, it should be good enough in this state to release, as a first version at least.

Final call for feedback and suggestions. :)

Seems like it has been done before after all, as Gsccc pointed out.

Oh, uh, no. Thats not what I meant. I just wanted to know if it would be like that in genere. Sorry if you got hte wrong impression. Im sure this is excellent. When I get the time i will download it myself. I love these kinds of things.

-Gsccc

stoffe, the I just tried out the most recent version, and I have some complaints similar to my first...

This time, I was fighting the droids (only the second fight) and they continually used thing that freezes your character. Maybe its just me and nobody else has problems like this, but I couldn't even attack because I was either stunned or frozen. And my character was extremely powerful.

But, it's still a great mod nonetheless. Great job :)

This time, I was fighting the droids (only the second fight) and they continually used thing that freezes your character. Maybe its just me and nobody else has problems like this, but I couldn't even attack because I was either stunned or frozen. And my character was extremely powerful.

Are you using a custom autobalance.2da in your override, or are you playing the standard game? What level is your character? The enemies become more powerful the higher level you are.

Are you soloing or are you having a full party with you? Only one of the fights the Hutt lets you compete in is a duel, requiring you to do it alone.

Are you buffing up at the start of the fight? The enemies are intended to present enough of a challenge that buffing powers, shields and stims become helpful. Stun-immunity implants are useful as well. Use Valor and Force Armor to boost your saving throws (or stims if you don't have those powers on any party members), use the Energy Resistance series and shields to reduce damage taken, use Breach to get rid of their Force Immunity and buffs etc... Observe what weapons the enemies are using and take out droids using Carbonite Guns and Disruptors first since they pose the most danger if left around.

I've noticed that the droid groups are among the tougher opponents. They'll beat almost everyone else they are pitted against in a Spectator Match too. :)

Are you using a custom autobalance.2da in your override, or are you playing the standard game? What level is your character? The enemies become more powerful the higher level you are.
I was around level 24, and I was using Achilles game balance mod.

Are you buffing up at the start of the fight? The enemies are intended to present enough of a challenge that buffing powers, shields and stims become helpful. Stun-immunity implants are useful as well. Use Valor and Armor to boost your saving throws (or stims if you don't have those powers on any party members), use the Energy Resistance series and shields to reduce damage taken, use Breach to get rid of their Force Immunity and buffs etc...
Maybe thats why, especially since I'm the only one having problems with that... I'm used to TSL being easy so I don't use too many stims, just stuff like battle meditation and force resistance against Jedi...

I was using Achilles game balance mod..

That's probably the reason you are having problems. From what I can see, Achilles autobalance.2da boosts the level of all enemies a lot, which will skyrocket the DC you will have to save against for their force powers and abilities.

The arena opponents are mostly balanced against the standard game autobalance settings. I've set their levels according to that in their templates, meaning that with Achilles mod your level 23 character is probably fighting level 35-40 enemies. No wonder you get crushed by their special abilities. :)

~

That's probably the reason you are having problems. From what I can see, Achilles autobalance.2da boosts the level of all enemies a lot, which will skyrocket the DC you will have to save against for their force powers and abilities.

The arena opponents are mostly balanced against the standard game autobalance settings. I've set their levels according to that in their templates, meaning that with Achilles mod your level 23 character is probably fighting level 35-40 enemies. No wonder you get crushed by their special abilities. :)

So we should take out the autobalance.2da file to make the game easier for us?

~

• 1 month later...

I have been doing some further bug fixes and enhancements to the Combat Arena mod, and believe I have done enough to make it worth releasing it as another version.

Though since I have been messing around with quite a bit of things and added some new stuff it's possible there are some problems I have overlooked. So I would appreciate if someone could download the Mod and test if things seems to work before I upload it at PCGM.

If you want to test it, you can get the latest version here, which is pretty much what I will upload to PCGM as version 2 if no-one finds any problems.

Here's a short summary snipped from the Readme regarding what has changed:

CHANGES:

* Added a "Death Match" game type. Similar to Pit Fight, but you can actually be killed in the Arena, ending the game if your whole party goes down. Defeated opponents in this game form may drop loot when they die, unlike the other, "safer" match forms, to make up for the risk.

* Adjusted strength and feats/force powers of several combatants and adjusted team compositions for Pit Fight and spectate matches.

* Added support for the Ultimate Saber Mod. If you have it installed, many "bosses" will use their own USM Sabers in the Arena.

* Added a handful of new opponents to the Arena Console initiated matches and rearranged teams a bit to fit them in.

* Made the Twin Suns use their shields until they run out of charges rather than just once, and gave them some Stims to buff up with. Should make them put up a bit more of a fight.

* Gave Darth Nihilus a new special ability he may use at most twice during a fight to make him thougher.

* Equipped the Military Tank Droid with Rocket Launchers. Watch out.

* Jedi/Sith opponents will now use the various saber/force forms as appropriate.

* Added a "special" opponent team to try a Team Pit Fight against...

* Added a "Jedi Council vs. Sith Lords" team makeup for Spectate matches, as requested.

* Added "Onslaught" option to Gauntlet matches which will pick enemies from all opponent categories randomly, and an "I feel lucky" option that will pick an opponent category randomly.

* Added a new "Allies" category to the Duel match menu.

* Made various further enhancements and tweaks to the creature combat AI.

BUGFIXES:

* Fixed potential crash problem if a controlled non-Exile party member leaves the Arena without starting the fight when a Duel Match has been initiated.

* Moved the Arena Exit trigger a bit further up the ramp to eliminate problem with accidentally tripping it and ending an initiated match prematurely.

* Fixed AI problem with the Wookiee combatants not using their Wookiee Rage/Fury/Frenzy abilities.

* Tried to balance the opposing teams in the Hutt betting matches a bit better. (MI)

* Lots of other smaller bugfixes, corrections and adjustments too small and numerous to mention.

The Combat AI of the opponents is upgraded to match the changes done in the Tweaked Generic AI I posted a week ago here, with the following extra additions:

* Creatures equipped with a lightsaber who knows any of the Force Jump feats, who are more than 10 meters from their target who they have a clear line to will use Force Jump instead of combat feats when initiating a melee attack.

* Creatures with a rocket launcher will now use projectiles without an Area of Effect (darts, buster rockets, concussion rockets...) even at pointblank range or if allies are near the selected target.

* Force Users will now use any Saber/Force Forms assigned to their template. If they have no saber/force forms assigned and are high enough level, they will be granted one to use depending on class and level.

(I have some further enhancements planned, but since they will take quite a bit of time to do they will have to wait for the next version.)

I'd be interested to hear about if everything seems to work fine (no crashes or oddities), if the new opponents are too easy/too tough/just right, if the USM support seems to work fine and if the "Evil Twin" opponent team added to Pit Fights are spawned correctly with different party members in your group. See if the Death Match mode seems to work as intended in your game.

Please also check if Nihilus new special ability works fine, as it caused a bit of trouble before which hopefully has been fixed. (You can't miss it unless you manage to keep him helpless for the entire fight, or if he kills you before you get him down to half health :))

Hey Stoffe :D I just downloaded the beta for version 2 and will play with it this evening & will be more than happy to let you know what I find.

@LandoGriffin

Maybe try it with a new game or something man cause that sure doesn't sound like a Stoffe modding prob??? :confused: I've found usually Stoffe's mods are amazingly free of crashes. Try using it in a new game or something. Sorta sounds like a "odditity" problem.

EDIT: OK Lando I did find a crash here myself. For some reason (for me) when i have the band equipped and enter into the arena area I'm kewl, it's only after I've fought a round or two and fished out the lockers contents and try and exit do I get my crash. Mine happens after it starts saving/loading back to the origin point.

Now once the game crashes and it's already saved a "auto save" of the game when I restart I can load that and it works fine and I can exit normally. It's just the first time you exit the arena it happens. I was thinking maybe it's an inventory adding thing that's causing it to crash but not sure.

Regardless a bug I can live with (just have to remember to save before loading the first time.) :EDIT END

:ben:

General Kenobi

Hehe, that was truely a fantastic idea. :D

At least it was something a bit different. :) I was running out of ideas for interesting opponents and that seemed like the one area that hadn't been covered yet. Since it's based on the same core functions as the Spirit Exodus power in the force power mod I released it suffers from the same problems though (i.e. the Evil Twin being unable to equip items with Exile Only usage restrictions). But hopefully that isn't too noticable.

I do wonder if the complete lack of comments, except the above one, means that nobody has found any problems, that no one has had the time to test it yet, or simply that no one cares either way if I release it or not? :)

Archived