Home

Why Wasn't I Told About This? Who's In Charge?!?!

CapNColostomy

Transporter 2 FFS?! The first one was freakin sweet! And damn you to hell, anyone who says otherwise. I am so there. Luc Besson (The Professional, The Transporter) is even returning for the screenplay!

http://www.transporter2movie.com/

Oh yes apple, thank you for not letting me watch the trailer, but instead asking me if I'm looking for something at your worthless site when I click on the link for the trailer.

*EDIT* Perhaps the link I provided would work better if it were for Transporter 2 instead of The Transporter...

That'll be interesting to check out :) Considering the intensity of Luc Bessons earlier stuff, including the French films, his last few films have been relatively mediocre IMO. Yet another wonderful director whose had their style castrated by ****** Hollywood :(

mtfbwya

Well, I like lots of movies that were made in Hollywood. I don't know why Hollywood is such a dirty word when film is brought up. Oh wait! Yes I do, it's because America sucks if you ask anyone anywhere. Considering there isn't a country on the planet that can have hollywood movies sent to them legally fast enough, or just bootleg them, I wonder where all the hostility is coming from. Someone other than me has to be watching these movies.

Eh, anyway, I also like Jason Statham in nearly everything I've seen him in, with the exception being "The One". I hate corny ass kung fu movies only slightly more than serious kung fu movies. The serious ones are corny just for trying to be serious. I guess he's probably "Hollywood" too, but I've checked my underwear recently, and it seems I don't give a ****.

I don't know why Hollywood is such a dirty word when film is brought up.

Well, right now, right this summer, Hollywood did make a lot of ****ty movies/remakes.

They haven't been original in a little while. But that's why there's indie movies :)

Oh and for the record, Luc Besson hasn't been castrated by Hollywood. His last few movies (including french ones) were mediocre. So it's not because of Hollywood at all.

But back on subject, I'm looking forward to the second Transporter. The scene where Jason Statham rings the bell and then kicks the door is engraved in my memory. For some reason, I've been itching to try that out :)

Well, right now, right this summer, Hollywood did make a lot of ****ty movies/remakes.

Yes. And we all know that only Hollywood has made ****ty movies this summer. Or ever for that matter. That must be why it's a bazillion dollar industry. Because of all the ****ty movies nobody is paying to watch.

cap, "Hollywood sucks" isnt code for "America Sucks" As lukeiamyourdad said, theres always the great indie studios and directors. Hollywood, which is run by various multi-national companies(including Sony and Coca Cola) is *very* guilty of seriously S**T remakes of movies that didnt damn need to be remade and seriously S**T sequels that should not have been made... I hope this turns out to be one of the exceptions because Statham and Besson are usually great :)

Look at it this way: imagine you made a movie that turned out to be a suprise hit. You never intended for a sequel but a movie co. offers you $30 milion to do it... what would you do ???

mtfbwya

Yes. And we all know that only Hollywood has made ****ty movies this summer.

Of course not. Everyone makes ****ty movies. I'm just noting that this summer has been particularly boring.

Or ever for that matter. That must be why it's a bazillion dollar industry. Because of all the ****ty movies nobody is paying to watch.

If only you knew the power of marketing :)

I know it. I took a few marketing classes. It can be pretty amazing.

There's a lot of awesome movies out there (including tons of American ones) that make little money because they don't have enough for a decent marketing campaign.

Look at this movie for example:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/machinist/numbers.php

It was pretty good. Made less then a million.

Or this one:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/eternal_sunshine_of_the_spotless_mind/numbers.php

Absolutely amazing movie. Didn't make that much.

Why? Little marketing or simply bad marketing.

But this one:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dukes_of_hazzard/numbers.php

Got 30 million the first weekend. How many The Machinist or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ads did we see? None or not a lot, at least a puny number compared to the hundreds of Dukes of Hazzard ads we can see on TV in a day.

This has actually been a pretty good year for hollywood movies compared to the last few (which had LOTR and little else). But anyway, back to Luc Besson.

Whatever happened to him?

85-95 = Subway, Nikita, Big Blue, Leon = awesomeness

97 = 5th Element = not bad

99 = The Messenger = getting bad

But around 98 he seemed to stop directing much and start writing producing (mostly) junk.

Taxi, Kiss of the Dragon = ok but dumb

The Transporter, Taxi 2 & 3, Unleashed etc... = getting worse and getting dumber.

So much talent seems to have morphed into becoming a writer of dumb b-movies.. ????

Jason Statham is cool in anything he is in... and the first half of The Transporter was promising... then it just degenerated into a dumb mess.

Its never a good sign when the Producer gets a higher billing than the director... and "From Producer Luc Besson" is starting to be a synonym for "dumb triple-x style movie".

I'm surprised he didn't produce XXX2 the next level and Stealth. :D

Ii was slightly miffed it is takign place in the US, but i have faith :)

great :( All I can picture is Jason Statham walking around in a ten-gallon hat eatin donuts...and he'll probably get mixed up in some trouble involving those troublesome arabs/muslims(Hollywood's current villain of choice)

Having just looked at Toms' list, im gonna give Luc Besson the finger for sellin his sorry French a$$ out, those earlier movies were freakin awesome.....

the power of the dollar goddamn corrupts :(

mtfbwya

Odd, Apple let me watch the trailer without incident.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/transporter_2/trailer1_large.html

Looks cool, saw a bit of it on a TV commercial, too.

Yeah, I edited the original post. I'd linked to a site for the first movie.

great :( All I can picture is Jason Statham walking around in a ten-gallon hat eatin donuts...and he'll probably get mixed up in some trouble involving those troublesome arabs/muslims(Hollywood's current villain of choice)

Having just looked at Toms' list, im gonna give Luc Besson the finger for sellin his sorry French a$$ out, those earlier movies were freakin awesome.....

the power of the dollar goddamn corrupts :(

mtfbwya

As far as I was concerned, The Professional and The Transporter were the only two things worth a **** that guy did anyway. I don't seem to recall Jean Reno eating any doughnuts, or fighting arabs/muslims, and The Professional was set in what, New York?

I saw the trailer when I saw Wedding Crashers. Looked mighty good to me. I rented the first one. Damn me straight to hell, it was awful. The main character was the only interesting aspect. Neat character, neat profession. Everything else sucked. The tiny plot and the horrid action nearly put me to sleep.

...I don't seem to recall Jean Reno eating any doughnuts, or fighting arabs/muslims, and The Professional was set in what, New York?

there must've at least been a turbaned taxi driver in the background there somewhere, c'mon :p

Cap, you know I love joiking about racial stereotypes :p Im sure Jason will keep his characteristic London accent though... nothing worse than a non-american actor putting on an american accent....

*kicks Hugh "Dr House" Laurie in the nuts*

as for Transporter 2, we'll just have to wait and see... when's scheduled release date ??

mtfbwya

nothing worse than a non-american actor putting on an american accent....

an american actor trying to put on a british accent??? :p

or maybe the fact that when british actors star in american series (daphne in frasier, guest appearances in friends, etc..) they are forced to suddenly all sound like dick van dyke?

PS/ How can you like the Professional (leon) and The Transporter and not like Nikita? Its where the Leon character first appeared after all...

Interesting/Little Known Facts: Jean Reno’s character of Victor the Cleaner in this film was re-visited in Besson’s 1994 film THE PROFESSIONAL aka LEON in which Reno plays a similar “cleaner” character, this time named Leon. Quentin Tarantino also paid homage to this film and Reno’s character by writing his own version of a “cleaner” into his hit film, PULP FICTION. Harvey Keitel plays a character named “The Wolf” in that movie, who is brought in to clean up a dirty crime situation. Even more ironic is the fact that Keitel also played the same character of “Victor the Cleaner” in the 1993 Americanized version of LA FEMME NIKITA called POINT OF NO RETURN, starring Bridget Fonda as the lead assassin. Confused yet? This film also inspired a long-time running TV series entitled “Nikita” and interestingly enough, director Luc Besson and lead actress Anne Parillaud have a daughter together named Juliette.

PPS/ or maybe making sucky americanized versions of cool foreign films like Nikita and Taxi??? :p

yea i knew those facts, and they didnt seem confusing at all ;) so Besson has a thing for younger women as well, whoopity doo, i like his flicks :)

perhaps its a french thing tho, because whats his name, Roman Polanski i think, hes in France hiding from statuatory rape charges in the US (also a director) ;)

Archived