Home

Just when you thought Korn's "Word Up" was the worst remake ever...

Darth Groovy

So i'm at Circuit City the other day looking at the cds/dvds, and all of the sudden I started to feel sick to my stomach. I wasn't sure why, but then it all became clear. There was some music coming out of the stereo section, and while I normally drown this stuff out of my head, I realized I was listening to a techno/pop version of Alice Cooper's "Poison". Yes, some monotone chicks were actually singing this song over a heavy dance beat as if they wrote it. I don't know who was doing this song, nor can I be arsed with trying to figure it out at this point, but things like this just have to stop. If any one knows who is defacing this song, please let me know, so I can write my local congressman. This is the way the world ends...not with a bang, but a whimper...

On a more positive note,

I plan to see Alice himself right here in my home town of Joliet on the 12th of October! :D

alice_cooper_lg.jpg

See I didn't even really care THAT much for Cooper's verion of that song when it FIRST came out in 1989, it had too much cheese metal appeal. I didn't start to like the song until I heard him play it on his Brutal Live tour in 2000. The slow the intro waaaaaaay down, add alot of re-verb, and it has a really good creepy cool vibe too it, which is what I have come to love about his music.

You should try out local supermarket where they have Elavator Music style vocal-less covers of loads of classic and new stuff.

It puts you in a sort of daze where you wander round in a detached state and chuck products in your trolley. then suddenly you realise the mellow tune goinf round in your head is "Smells like Teen Spirit" or "Walk this Way". Wierd place.

Outside of elavator music, I tend to like covers that try and do songs in different genres, rather than sound identical to the original. Joss Stone's cover of Fell in love with a boy, Scissor Sister's cover of Comfortably Numb, and if i remember rightly The Cardigans did some wierd covers of Black Sabbath songs on almost every album of theirs...

Yoh pretty ladies around the world

Got a wierd thing to show you

So tell all the boys and girls

Tell your brother, your sister and your mamma too

We're about to go down

And you know just what to do

Wave your hands in the air like you don't care

Glide past the people as they stop to look and stare

Do your dance, do your dance, do your dance quick mamma

Come on baby tell me what's the word

Word up everybody say

When you hear the call you've gotta get it underway

Word up it's the code word

No matter where you say it you know that you'll be heard

Now you sucker DJ's that think you're fly

There's gotta be a reason and you know the reason why

Why you put on your airs and you act real cool

Got to realise that you're acting like fools

Now there's music we can use it

You're free to dance

We don't have the time for psychological romance

No romance, no romance, no romance for me and mamma

Come on baby tell me what's the word

Word up everybody say

When you hear the call you've gotta get it underway

Oouuhh

Dial L for love, Dial L for love, Dial L for love

Yea yeaahhh

W.O.R.D UP, W.O.R.D RRRHHAAAHA, W.O.R.D UP, W.O.R.D UP

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh

etc..

... You sir are evil and will meet your end at the stroke of midnight.

They butchered the song. It was not meant to be rapped, and it opened the way to crappy rap/rock bands like Linkin Park and the rap song with Ozzy's "aye aye aye".

Not to mention it's labeled as RUN DMC feat. Aerosmith, when infact it's Aerosmith's song.

They butchered the song. It was not meant to be rapped, and it opened the way to crappy rap/rock bands like Linkin Park and the rap song with Ozzy's "aye aye aye".

Not to mention it's labeled as RUN DMC feat. Aerosmith, when infact it's Aerosmith's song.

Which is even more hilarious since it was Steven Tyler's idea.

And no, it didnt' open the way for crappy bands like Linkin Park, that's a mystery that is incapable of being explained.

When I heard that rap song using Ozzy's beat, I wanted to find those rap artists and murder them.

You run down to Atlanta and you find Trick Daddy and shoot him.

I'll see you on the 6 o clock news. :p

the rap song with Ozzy's "aye aye aye".

Trick Daddy - Let's Go. Which was cool. >_>

XD

Archived