Home

Legend of the Warriors Of The Seven Kingdoms

Shana

Recca grinned at his mention of mushrooms. She had seen the problem mushroom and had avoided it, but had encouraged the others to do so... for entertainment purposes. To avoid being caught, she had then also pretended to hallucinate... but Zon had seen through her tricks. It had been the start of their friendship. She showed him what to do to end the hallucinations sooner and he had kept her secret.

"The children perhaps," she said quietly, thoughtfully. "A Blackguilder was interested in them... killed a woman who had been with them before they ran into the wizard."

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seraph and Naomi slept on the floor where Ryk told them, Seraph kept having nightmares, he saw first a village in flames, several blackguilders running around, a few dragons in the air throwing their fiery fire breath at the blackguilders without affecting them too much, then he saw Udinara, his teacher, who unsheathed her sword and began to attack, when he heard a scream, he woke up. Naomi was sitting next to him.

- "What happened, another nightmare?" - Naomi asked.

- "Yeah, but this was different, it was longer, usually I'd see the village burning, but now I saw..." - Seraph stopped, he had heard a branch break outside.

- "What?" - Naomi asked.

- "Did you hear that?" - Seraph asked.

- "Hear what?" - Naomi replied looking slightly perplexed.

- "That sound, it sounded like a brach on a nearby tree broke" - Seraph said.

- "That's not important" - Naomi said.

- "A branch doesn't just break like that, something was on it or someone, can you pick up that scent in the air?" - Seraph asked.

- "Now that you mention it I do" - Naomi said.

Seraph looked out the window, he focused his attention to the trees, he used his draconian thermal sight and saw two figures on the top of a tree, not too far from the house.

- "Over there, two of them, one man and a woman" - Seraph said and pointed at the tree.

Naomi did the same thing as Seraph and did see the two figures.

- "Master Ryk, wake up, we were followed" - Seraph said.

"I know young ones, if they wanted to harm us they would have already tried, I sensed their elvish magic flowing through them, like it does all Elves, feel free to invite them in, I would hate to leave them out there in that uncomfortable looking tree." Ryk said without even opening his eyes.

Sun rose swiftly the next day, Seraph an Naomi were getting ready while the others slept.

- "Seraph, what about your dream, did you have it again?" - Naomi asked.

- "Yes, but that's not important right now ok?"- Seraph said.

- "Better wake the others so we can leave" - Naomi said.

Seraph knocked on Ryk's bedroom door.

- "Master Ryk it's time" - Seraph said.

Recca's eyes opened immediately and she stared at Zon.

"After four years of being alone, I must admit it took me a moment to remember why I was hearing your voice," she told him. She sat up and looked around. "Are the others up yet?"

Recca laughed. "In this case, there was nothing to do at the crack of dawn, so I went back to sleep, rather than attempting to wake three that I didn't know and one I haven't seen in four years... with the unknowns, there's no telling what they might have done. As for you... well, I think I know what you'd have done, but time has a funny way of changing people."

Archived